Status: On Going...

Redesign Me

002

I wake up laying fully over my double bed. I find myself like that almost every morning now since Tom wakes up early and is staying almost every night as well. Things were getting pretty serious between us and so were things with Melissa and Jack. It was moving fast but I was happy. At least I thought I was. “Tom” I groan as I wipe my eyes.
“I’m here sweet” He says walking in fully clothed showered and everything.
“How do you do that?”
“Do what?”
“Be up and ready so early. It’s only, what, half 8?”
“I wanted to make sure breakfast is ready for you” He says with a smile and kisses my forehead. I swing my legs over so they are dangling over the bed. I pull down Tom’s t-shirt I wear for bed. When he wasn’t there it reminds me of him. “Breakfast is on the table” He says as he gets up off the bed and makes his way down the stairs. I soon follow slowly making sure I don’t miss any steps in my rough way that I am everytime I wake up. I sit opposite Tom where a plate of pancakes was placed with a glass of orange juice next to it.
“You don’t have to do this you know. This is my house. I should be making you breakfast
“I want to make you breakfast. It’s what you do when your in love with someone” In love with someone. That’s what me and Tom were, in love. Well, he said he was anyway. I was still so weak after my first relationship with Alex. We say we are friends but in all honesty we haven’t spoken since Alex came to my house the night after. No one knew about the night though. He came and told me that he couldn’t be my friend if he had to see me in a relationship. I told him I wasn’t giving Tom up so he went his way and I went mine. I’m glad I did. “I called Melissa and told her about going into town. She mentioned having a takeaway with her and Jack tonight” He asks looking at me. I look back and nod.
“That sounds like fun. I haven’t seen Jack in a bit and we haven’t spent time together as two couples for a long time” I smile.
“I said you would text her”
“I’ll text her after breakfast” When I finish I take my plate along with Toms to the sink. I pick up my phone and begin to text Melissa. “Takeaway up for tonight! Cannot wait. Chinese sound good with you guys? Love you <3” I send. I await a reply and soon my phone begins to vibrate. I pick it up.
“Yes! Chinese sounds yummy. Love ya too <3” I smile and put my phone down.
“Chinese tonight Tom” I say.
“Is Jack coming?”
“Yes, Jack’s coming. He is my friend too. He was there for me in Japan. It’s not like he is bringing Alex” Even saying his name made my heart skip a beat. Thinking about him made my head do flips and twirls.
“I know. I should probably forget it”
“Tom, You got me. Didn’t I choose you over him in the coffee shop?”
“Yes”
“Then stop worrying” I say. He wraps his arms around me. I pecked his lips.

After about half an hour I was ready and walking out the door with Tom. I kind of missed having Melissa around. Tom didn’t like Jack and Jack knew it so we never really got to hang out like we did when I was with Alex. When our boyfriends were best friends. I just wished Tom and Jack began to like each other even though, admittedly Jack had nothing to do with it. He was cool with Tom but Tom tends to have a problem when his name is mentioned. We began to walk down the town street. I stopped at a jewelry shop window and looked into it. Tom stood behind me still holding onto my hand. “Tom, Look at that ring” I say, pointing to a clear cut diamond ring. It was beautiful but it was an engagement ring. It was a small stone because as Tom knew, I didn’t do massive rocks that cost millions.
“It’s pretty” He said as he placed a hand on my back removing the one I had a hold of.
“A girl would be lucky to get a ring like that”
“Uh, Maddison, didn’t you say you wanted to go to get some shampoo and stuff?” Tom asks.
“Yeah?” I ask.
“Then why don’t you go get it and I’ll meet you there. I’m gonna have a look at the watches. Might buy one with my bonus. Who knows?” He smiles. I nod.
“Okay. Call me if you get held up” I smile and begin to trot off to the shop.

30 minutes later Tom joins me outside of the shop. “Find what you want?” I ask. He nods.
“Definitely” He smiles at takes my hand. We walk around for another 2-3 hours.
“We have done everything to be honest” I say looking at him.
“Yeah, what time is it?”
“Um like, 2ish?”
“I told Melissa we were home late tonight”
“Well, we could always tell her we’re coming home early?” I say smiling. Tom always had to stick to his word and if he told Melissa we were home late, we were.
“I guess. It’s gonna take us at least half an hour to get home anyway” He smiles and begins to walk the direction of the house. I let us in and collapsed on the sofa.
“I’ll text Melissa to tell her we’re home. So she can come whatever time she wants” I heard Tom’s sigh. I shake my head.
“Okay sweet!” He shouts back.
“Home, Finally! Feet hurt so much! Come around whenever you and Jack are ready! Can’t wait to see you guys <3” I send. I await the text and about 2 or 3 minutes later I got a text.
“Okay sweetie. Be round as soon as! Can’t wait to see you too <3” I smiled. I loved mine and Melissa’s text conversations but I began to miss my bestfriend being around. It didn’t feel right. The whole reason she came out was for me and her to spend time together but we haven’t ever since she came out in the summer. Sometimes I wish she never got on that plane at that time, that she got on at a different time she she would've never met him. Then other times I thank her for meeting him. I got to meet my favourite band. I got to kiss my favourite band member and I loved him with all my heart. It just didn’t work out and things happen for a reason. I had to stop thinking about him because in the end, he hurt me and I should be happy that I was with Tom now. He gave me his everything and I tried to do the same. Most days I wonder what he is actually doing with me. He’s such a sweet guy and I don’t exactly see what he sees in me. Tom comes to the sofa and lays his head on my lap. I run my hands through his short brown hair. It was short compared to Alex’s hair anyway. It was... Jack’s kind of length which meant it was shorter than Alex’s. He looked up at me and smiled.
“I hope tonight is perfect” He says.
“I’m sure it will be. It’s only a dinner anyway” I say. He had be acting weird since the jewelry shop.”Listen, I’m gonna head upstairs. Gonna change” I kiss his forehead and make my way upstairs. I remove my clothes and begin to shower. After showering I place white lace underwear on and then slip on a pale blue dress on that I had got ages ago. I place on a pair of black heels and then begin to do my hair and makeup. Melissa was going to be here soon as it was 3:45. I walked downstairs and smiled at Tom before placing in my earrings that were in my hand.He slips on a necklace for me and then kisses my cheek. Tom wasn’t the forceful type.
“You look beautiful, baby” He smiles.
“I don’t even know why I’m so dressed up” I smile and turn to face him.
“Because, why not?” He laughs and wraps his arms around me waist. I place my hands on his chest. He kisses me and I begin to kiss back as the doorbell ring. I was so happy to see Melissa. I haven’t seen her for at least a week. I don’t know how long it’s been since I have seen Jack. It all broke down 8 months ago when we got back from Japan. It was someone for Tom. I leave him too it and go to the kitchen. Tom seemed very hush hush with him. Soon the door went again and I rushed out to see Melissa and Jack standing there. I tried to run in my heels and I hugged Melissa so tight.
“Calm down, it’s only been a week” She says. I let go and go over to hug Jack.
“Long time, no see” He laughs. He still had to bend down to hug me in my heels. I was a short arse and everyone knew it. We all talked about what we wanted from the chinese so Tom and Jack went to go get it. At least they were getting on.
“maddy?” I look up to Melissa and await for her to speak. “jack asked me today if I wanted to move in with him, and I said yes” I was a little shocked but I was so happy for her. Her and Jack were so close and they were obviously madly in love.
“Oh, God. I’m so happy for you Melissa!” I say as I pull her into a hug.
“I don’t know when but it’s going to be soon”
“Aww, I’m so happy for you two. Looking hot in the newspapers by the way” I say as I pass her a cutting out of one from the other day. She smiled as she looked at it. She didn’t know she was this adored by All Time Low fans. I smiled at her as she got flustered about it. It wasn’t going to be the same living without her but I’m sure we will see each other when she moves. I hope we do. I would hate to lose contact with my best friend.I thought back to 8 months ago when she had slapped Alex because I was hurt. Me and Melissa don’t dare talk about him, especially when Jack was there. I didn’t want to talk about him but I was always curious about him. I shook my head before Melissa looked up and passed me back the newspaper cutting. I got up to open the door for the boys. They set out the table and Tom began to put down the fortune cookies in the middle. We all sat down. I sat next to Melissa and Tom sat opposite me. I smiled.
“Shall we take a cookie each?” Tom asks. I nod and go for a far one. “No I want this one” He says and grabs it. I pick up the one nearest to me. “After three you have to open it, okay?” He smiles at me, watching my every move. “1... 2...3” I open mine, on my own. There was something wrapped inside with a piece of paper saying; Stand up. I opened the package to find the ring I pointed out in the shop this morning. “Well, stand up then” He says. I do as he says. He takes the ring off me and kneels down on one knee. “Maddison Emily Coleman, I have loved you for so long now and every day spent with you makes my life more worthwhile. I can’t see myself being with anyone else apart from you, so what do you say, Will you marry me?” He asks holding out the ring. I allow a few tears to fall down my cheek. Happy tears.
“Yes” I simply say. “Yes, I’ll marry you” I smile. He slips the ring on my finger and gets up. I wrap my hands around his neck and kiss him. He kisses back and soon we pull away to sit back down again.
“Congratulations” Melissa says. I hug her tightly.
“Congrats Maddy” Jack says.
“Thanks Jack. I’ll hug you when I get up” I smile.
“Show me the ring then” Melissa says. I hold out my hand. She giggles at me.
“Very nice” She says. We eat our dinner and soon Melissa and Jack head home. I give Melissa a massive hug and give Jack also a massive hug.
“Thanks for coming tonight guys. I appreciate it”
“We enjoyed it. I’ll call you tomorrow” Melissa says walking out with her hand in Jacks. I close the door and Tom grabs me by the waist.
“Maddison Hughes, got kind of a ring to it, doesn’t it?” Tom says as he kisses me.
“I suppose it does” I wink and pecked his lips again. “I’m a bit tired, I think I’m going to head to bed” I say.
“I’m gonna tidy up so, I’ll probably be up by the time you're asleep anyway”
“You know me. Off so quickly” I smile giving him a quick kiss and running upstairs.I slipped out the heels and the dress. I put some of Toms sweats on with one of my tank tops that I use as a pyjama top. I hang up my dress and put it in the wardrobe. I was going to be living in this massive house on my own soon. Well, I will probably live with Tom, at least after the wedding I would. I thought of all of this. The dress. The bridesmaids. Everything. I could have my dream wedding. I had been saving for ages in a account for anything when it was needed. Tom got a better job and we both get paid quite a bit. I didn’t even know when we were going to get sort out everything. I let these thoughts put me to bed.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, My first chapter. Hope you guys enjoy it!