Status: finished! check out the sequel/prequel What The Past Never Told Us.

The Road Ahead of Us

Prologue;

"I'm gonna get you, Izzy!" Alex Gaskarth yelled after his girlfriend who had just darted out of her kitchen after shoving a handful of ice down her boyfriends shirt. He ran from the kitchen and followed her giggles all the way across the house.

He entered her bedroom where he had last heard her but found that she was no where to be seen. He frowned and spun around, looking to see if she was hiding in a corner or something but she was no where.

Suddenly the closet door flew open and Isabelle jumped on Alex's back.

"Ahh! I got you!" She yelled, wrapping her arms around his neck while he laughed and turned his head to look at her.

"Why yes, yes you did." He said, smiling. She jumped down and moved so she was standing in front of him, her arms going around his shoulders while his hands rested on her hips. "That was mean, I hope you know."

"Oh, I'm sorry." She pouted up at him. "I promise to never do it again." He laughed and couldn't help but not be mad at her for shoving the ice down his shirt even though it was extremely cold.

"Good." He leaned down and pressed his lips to his girlfriends softly.

"I love you, Alex." She whispered when they pulled away.

"I love you too, Izzy."



"Alex, how does this look on me?" Alex Gaskarth snapped out of his thoughts and looked up at his girlfriend Carrie who was looking into the full length mirror of the shop they were in. She was in a floor length sun dress that had a red floral pattern to it.

"It looks good." Alex said, smiling at his girlfriend who smiled back at him through the mirror reflection.

"So are you excited for this road trip? I can't believe we leave tomorrow." Carrie said as she continued to look at the dress she was considering buying.

"Yeah, I can't believe Jack organized this whole thing, either. It's very unlike Jack." Alex commented, making them both laugh. "It will be fun though."

"Do you know who all is going?"

"Not everyone. Rian and Kara, Zack and Katie, Jack and Micky of course, and then us, and then he said that there is one other couple thats supposed to be a surprise." Alex explained. Carrie nodded and then disappeared back into the dressing room to change back into her jeans and t-shirt so she could buy the red dress.

"Who do you think the last couple is? Why would Jack want to keep it a surprise?" She questioned later as they drove toward Carrie's house.

"I don't know, probably his cousin who used to be obsessed with me. We'll find out in the morning, I guess." Alex said as he stopped in her driveway. "I'll be by to pick you up at 8, alright?" Carrie nodded and leaned over to peck her boyfriends lips.

"See you then. I can't wait!" Alex laughed as she scrambled out of the car, turning to blow him a kiss as he drove off.

Tomorrow was the day that Alex and his girlfriend set off on a cross country adventure with his best friends and their girlfriends. And this mystery couple, who ever they were. It made Alex nervous, as Jack could be a dick some times and could possibly have picked a couple that may make the trip awful for Alex. Alex pushed the thought away though, Jack wouldn't do that... Right?
♠ ♠ ♠
Just getting started. Just a short little introduction to get this story goin. (:
I'm excited. this story will be fun.