Status: finished! check out the sequel/prequel What The Past Never Told Us.

The Road Ahead of Us

One;

"Come on! Jack just text me that he's waiting at baggage claim!" Isabelle Sanchez called to her boyfriend who was about fifteen steps behind her in the terminal.

"Alright, I'm coming. I'm coming." Adam responded, quickening his pace to fall in step beside her, taking her hand. "Excited?"

"I'm excited about seeing everyone but... him. Jack said he doesn't know that it's me, no one does. " Isabelle explained as they made their way out of the terminal and towards the baggage claim carousel to where Isabelle's best friend was waiting for her.

"It will be fine. It's been four years since you guys broke up and you moved to California. He can't still be bitter about that." Adam rationalized, squeezing her hand.

"I know, but this is Alex... we grew up together. You should have seen his face when I told him about you... Though Jack said he's got a girlfriend now; but that's just going to make it more awkward. Both of us plus our significant others." Adam sighed at his girlfriends words.

"Just don't pay attention to him. There are plenty of more people going. You two can stay away from each other." He said, making her nod.

"You're right. This is going to be fun." They then came around a corner and she was met with the site of her tall and skinny best friend. "Jack!" She yelled, as she saw him searching the crowd for her.

"Izzy!" Jack then began running at her, sweeping her up into a hug as soon as they reached each other. "I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too, Jack-o." Isabelle responded, hugging Jack back tightly. "It's been too long."

"Hey, who's fault is that? You are the one who had to move all the way to Los Angeles so I can only see you the few times I go there."

"Yeah yeah, I know." The two pulled apart to smile at each other.

"So you ready for a road trip?!" Jack yelled, making a couple of people around the baggage claim area turn to look at him.

"Yes, yes I am. Let's get my bags first though." Jack nodded as Isabelle turned towards the bags were coming down the belt. Adam and Jack shook hands and did that bro hug thing that guys do before the couple retrieved their suitcases.

"Alright. Come on. Everyone else is already at my house waiting. Rian and Alex are packing up the van. Zack is getting food together." Jack explained as they left the airport, heading in the direction of the parking garage. The rest of the way to Jack's house, the boys talked, while Isabelle sat in the passengers seat silently freaking out about seeing her ex boyfriend in just a few short minutes.

"You okay, Izzy?" Jack asked as he pulled onto his street. She looked over at him and smiled.

"I'm fine." He frowned at her but had no time to question it as he pulled into his driveway. First she saw Rian leaning up against the side of his car that was parked in front of the house. Zack was standing beside the big white van, leaning over a cooler full of something. Then she saw him standing at the back of the van, putting in a suitcase. His light brown hair was long and flipped to side, just as it had been when he was in high school though it was much lighter now. He was skinnier then he had been, dressed in a plain black t-shirt and a pair of dark skinny jeans with flip flops on his feet. Alex Gaskarth was still as attractive as ever.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked up as Jack turned off the car.

"I'm back, bitches!" He yelled when he got out of the car. "And I brought out last travel partners!" Everyone began making their way towards the car, trying to see who was in the car with Jack. Adam got out first, everyone frowned as they did not recognize him, Jack had been the only one to ever meet him or even know anything about Isabelle's California life at all. "This is Adam. He is the boyfriend of-"

"Isabelle?" Alex exclaimed. The girl had just stepped out of the vehicle and into view of everyone.

"Hi." She said quietly, bringing her hand up in a small wave as she went to stand in front of everyone beside Adam.

"This was your surprise couple, Jack?" Rian asked as he stared at the girl and her boyfriend in aw.

"Yup." Jack beamed happily, completely oblivious to the tension throughout the group of people.

"Izzy?!" They all turned to the front door where three girls stood. The one in the front was staring at Isabelle, her eyes wide.

"Kara!" The girls ran at each other and quickly enveloped the other in a tight hug.

"I've missed you so much." Kara said to one of the only girls she had hung out with in high school. They had been inseparable. They went prom dress shopping together, they got their hair done and their nails done together, they would have movie nights to dish about their boyfriends and whatever stupid thing they had done recently. Kara even held Isabelle's hand during senior year when she and Alex had a pregnancy scare, which thankfully turned out to be negative.

"I've missed you too." The two let each other go and smiled at one another. "Come! You must meet Adam!" Kara had been the first to hear about Adam when Isabelle returned from her Senior trip to California. It was basically Kara that talked Izzy into telling Alex about Adam, which then ended in an argument and their breakup. Isabelle took Kara's hand and pulled her over to Adam who still stood by Jack's car awkwardly. Jack and Alex had gone across the yard and were talking, more like arguing.

"I cannot believe you invited her, Jack!" Alex growled, glaring at his best friend who sighed.

"She's one of my best friends, Alex. It's been four years. Can't you just get over it now? You have Carrie and she has Adam so it-"

"Yes, Adam. The man she left me for." Alex interrupted, looking across the yard to see Kara talking with Isabelle and Adam, all three of them laughing and smiling.

"Yes, four years ago." Jack brought his hand up to pat Alex's shoulder. "Get over it already. You have Carrie and we are about to go on a road trip that will rock your socks." Jack assured, making Alex nod.

"Let's just get this shit on the road." Jack smiled and led the way back over to the group where Rian was now loading up Isabelle's and Adam's stuff.

"You two all ready to go?" Jack asked Isabelle, making her nod.

"Sure are." Carrie then stepped up beside Alex, frowning at Isabelle.

"Hi." She said quietly, melding into Alex's side.

"Hi." Isabelle said, smiling at her. "I'm Isabelle, everyone calls me Izzy, though." She stuck her hand out to Carrie who looked at it reproachfully for a second before taking it, shaking it gently. "Nice to see you again, Alex."

"Yeah, long time no see. So this is the wonderful Adam, huh?" Alex responded, his eyes sliding over to Adam who stood their awkwardly.

"Yeah, hi. Nice to meet you."

"Yeah, sure." Alex then turned his back on them to look at Jack. "Are we going or what?"

"Yeah!" Jack exclaimed. "Everyone pile in! Rian has first driving duties!" Rian groaned but went to the drivers seat anyway. Kara got in the passengers seat. Isabelle and Adam took the back row. Zack and Katie took the front row behind Rian and Kara. Jack and Mickey took the middle row. There was now only two seats left; one in the back row beside Isabelle and one beside Micky.

Micky pulled Carrie to the seat beside her which left Alex no choice but to sit behind his girlfriend and next to his ex girlfriend. As soon as Alex sat beside her, Isabelle scooted closer to Adam who wrapped his arm around her, pulling her close.

"Let's get this show on the road!" Jack yelled as Rian pulled out of the driveway. "Tour of America, here we come!"
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry that its been a few days between updates, I was focusing on my other Alex Gaskarth story.

Also, I went to Warped Tour on Saturday and met the band. :D I then met Alex again while they played wiffle ball and got a picture with him. :D :D :D That's the second time I've met Alex and Jack.

Anywho, comment. (: this story is about to get startedddd. gonna be good.