Status: finished! check out the sequel/prequel What The Past Never Told Us.

The Road Ahead of Us

Twenty;

As the next week or so went by, Isabelle kept to herself in her and Alex's bedroom. Alex would bring her breakfast before he and the guys left for the studio. He would then return around lunch and make her something before heading out again. Around dinner time everyone would return and Alex would once again make sure she had a meal before the two of them stayed in their bedroom. Isabelle would usually read a book or just lay in bed while Alex played around on his laptop or wrote in his notebook. He tried to constantly get her out of the room, to go out and do something with him, but it was no use, she refused to see anyone else. The only time she left the room was for her doctors appointments at the hospital. Everything was all good now, Dr. Edgeco assured them.

"Will you come out with me tonight?" Alex questioned her a week before they were to return back to Baltimore. "I want you out of this bedroom. Just me and you. We can go to dinner and then maybe take a walk on the beach or something. You don't have to see or talk to anyone other than me." He told her as he did his hair in the vanity mirror of their bedroom. He was getting ready to leave for the studio after returning to make sure she ate lunch. She was currently curled up on their bed, staring at the ceiling.

"Why haven't you broken up with me yet, Alex?" She questioned quietly, making him frown and walk over to her, sitting on the bed beside her and taking her cold hand in his.

"Why on earth would I break up with you, love?" He asked her, frowning down at her.

"I killed our baby." She whispered making him sigh.

"You didn't do anything, Isabelle. This happens to woman all the time, they can't control this. There was nothing you could have done or not done to change this, you heard Dr. Edgeco, he said that exact same thing. I don't blame you for this, so don't you blame yourself. I'm not leaving you, ever. Now, I have to go but I will be back around 6 to pick you up for our date. Be ready or I will drag you out in your pajamas." He leaned down and pressed his lips to hers in a forceful kiss, breaking apart after a few seconds. Alex was glad to see a small smile spread across her lips for the first time in almost a month. "I love you." He pecked her lips again and stood up from the bed.

"I love you too, Alex." She whispered, making him smile down at her before he left the room, leaving her alone. She sighed and laid in bed until she heard the loud boys leave the house. She got out of the bed and stretched, her muscles protesting after laying in bed for three weeks. She ventured out of the room and down to the kitchen that she had rarely stepped foot in, finding Mickey sitting at the table eating a bowl of cereal.

"Izzy!" She gasped when she saw the girl standing shyly in the door way. "Is everything okay? I was beginning to think that Alex had killed you or was keeping you captive up there." Micky joked making Isabelle giggle a little and shake her head.

"I've just taken this whole thing hard. I agreed to go to dinner with Alex tonight. Can you help me with something though?" She questioned the girl sitting across the room from her.

"Of course! You name it and I will do it!" Mickey told her friend happily. Isabelle nodded and smiled softly.

"Can you take me shopping and then help me get ready? I want to look good for Alex after all of this." Isabelle asked Micky who grinned and stood up, putting her cereal bowl in the sink.

"Well go get dressed and meet me in the living room. I'll call a cab, I know the best shopping center we can go to! We leave in fifteen minutes!" Mickey instructed making Isabelle laugh and nod before leaving the room to go back up to her Alex's room, her spirits higher than they had been all month. She quickly changed into a pair of jeans and a plain white t-shirt that may have actually been Alex's. She ran a brush through her tangled auburn colored hair and slid a small amount of eyeliner across her eyelids before grabbing her purse and slipping into a pair of flip flops. She met Mickey downstairs who said that the cab just arrived. So they got in and Mickey gave the driver instructions and soon they arrived at a cute shopping mall. "So what kind of outfit were you thinking of? Something sexy, something cute? Something cute and sexy?" Mickey questioned as they walked from store to store.

"Something... cute and sexy." Isabelle told her making Mickey grin. She pulled Isabelle into a store and together they began to search through the dresses. "How about this one?" Isabelle questioned, finding a cute black and teal strapless dress.

"That's adorable!" So after Isabelle tried it on and they decided that it was the dress they found a pair of heels that matched. "I have some earrings and a necklace that will match that perfectly." Mickey told her as they continued to walk around all the stores, Mickey making a few purchases of her own. "I'm really glad you finally decided to leave the bedroom. I mean.. I understand that you are upset, but Alex doesn't blame you. He's been so worried about you." She told Isabelle who sighed and nodded.

"I just... I felt like such a failure. I was just so afraid that Alex would leave me now that there is less of a chance of us starting a family." Isabelle confessed. Mickey reached over and took her friends hand.

"Alex isn't with you just for that reason. He loves you, no matter what." Mickey assured her, making her smile and nod.

"I realize that now." They shared another smile. "Come on, let's get back to the house so you can do my hair and makeup. Alex will be back to get me in an hour and a half." So after getting another cab they went home where Mickey instructed Isabelle to take a quick shower. While Isabelle showered she realized that this made her think of the time months and months ago during the road trip when Kara had helped her get ready for her date with Alex. The thought made her feel a pang of sadness, she missed Kara so much. Little did anyone, Alex included, know Isabelle had spent almost every moment that she was alone on the phone with Kara. She missed her best friend.

After Isabelle finished her shower, Mickey did her hair in soft waves and did her makeup perfectly with smokey eyes and bright red lipstick. She gave Isabelle the jewelry that she said would match her dress, which it did perfectly. Right as Isabelle slipped on the dress she heard the guys enter the house downstairs.

"I'll go stall Alex for a minute so you can make your big entrance." Mickey told her. "You look wonderful." She hugged her friend before quickly leaving the room. Isabelle smiled and slipped on her new high heels and looked at herself in the mirror. She really did look good. She took a deep breath before leaving the room and making her way down the stairs.

"Why can't I go upstairs, Mickey? What have you done with my girlfriend?" She heard Alex question from the living room, making Isabelle laugh as she descended the steps. Her friends and boyfriend quickly came into view, all of them turning to look at her with wide eyes.

"She was finishing getting ready, that's why." Mickey told Alex, smiling at Isabelle before going to take a seat on Jack's lap.

"Wow, Izzy." Alex gasped making Isabelle blush and look down. "You look beautiful." He told her before making his way over to her, grabbing her up in his arms.

"Feeling better, Iz?" Rian questioned from his place on the couch beside Jack and Mickey.

"Yes, much better, thank you, Rian." Isabelle smiled at her friend before grinning up at her boyfriend. "So, we goin on that date you promised me?" She asked him, making him laugh and nod.

"Of course. Let's go." He took her hand and began to lead her towards the door.

"Bye, guys!" She called to their friends before they left the house and went to the rental van.

"I'm glad you are feeling better. Where did you get that dress? I've never seen it before." Alex spoke as they got into the van.

"Mickey and I went shopping today." She informed him, making him nod. "So where are we going for dinner? I'm starving?" She questioned him, earning a grin from him.

"Wherever you want, you choose." He told her. So she decided on a nice italian restaurant that she had seen today when she was out with Mickey. After a very nice meal full of jokes and laughter, things quickly returning to how they used to be, Alex drove them to a small deserted beach that he and the guys had found a few weeks previous. He got a blanket out of the back of the van and took her hand before leading her onto the sand. He spread out the blanket and pulled her down beside him and into his arms.

"Thank you for coming out with me." He whispered as she nuzzled his neck. "I was getting really worried about you."

"I'm sorry. I promise that I'm fine now." She assured him, making him nod and hold her tightly. "Alex," She whispered, making him pull back to look at her. "kiss me." Alex frowned but leaned down to press their lips together anyway. She intensified the kiss by sweeping her tongue across his bottom lip, pleading him silently to open his mouth, which he did. Her hands moved to the buttons of his shirt and started to work on them quickly but he pulled back.

"Are you sure?" He whispered, not wanting to push her too far. She had just lost a baby, he wasn't sure that sex was really the best thing for her right now.

"I want you, Alex." She told him bluntly, staring up at him with lust filled eyes. "I'm fine, really. I want this." She told him, giving him a soft smile. He gave in with a small groan, unable to resist her and reconnected their lips. He pushed her back so she was lying beneath him, one of his hands getting lost in her hair while the other went to play at her hips. Her hands were once again unbuttoning his shirt, making short work of it and pushing it from his shoulders, leaving him in the t-shirt he had worn underneath it. He moaned as she slid her hand beneath the shirt, running her fingers along the smooth muscles of his back.

Alex reached down, sliding his own hand up her thigh, pushing her dress up with it. He moved so he was more on top of her, his left leg resting between the two of hers. She pulled up his shirt, making them disconnect lips so she could remove his shirt, leaving his chest bare. She ran her fingers over his flat stomach and up into the fine hairs that littered his chest while his lips went down to her neck.

"Alex," She groaned as his hand continued to play with her thigh, teasing her. "touch me." He grinned before moving his fingers to sweep across her sex through her panties, making her moan. He quickly slid his hand into her panties and first slid one finger into her followed by another. She bucked her hips against the fingers that she had missed so much, making them enter her more. She felt his erection pressed against her hip and wanted it in her, his fingers weren't enough. She reached down and undid his belt, followed by the button of his jeans.

"You sure are eager, Miss Sanchez." He joked before reconnecting their lips. She groaned as he removed his hand from inside her panties. He stopped kissing her to sit up, straddling her. "You sure do look divine tonight." He growled at her. Just the sound of his voice made things low in her clench and a moan escape her lips. Oh what this man did to her.

"Alex, please." She begged, making him grin.

"Patience, my love." He reached down and pushed her dress up so it was bunched around her stomach, revealing her simple white lace panties, which he quickly removed, tossing them to the side with his shirt. She watched with hungry eyes as he then slid his pants down, his erection springing free. "You have no idea how much I've missed you. Missed this." He told her as he leaned over her again, taking her up in his arms. He sat back, pulling her into his lap. He adjusted them and slid right into her, making her throw her head back and moan. He loved seeing his touch doing this to her.

Together they began to move, both of them emitting loud moans.

"Fuck, Iz. You are so gorgeous." He told her, making her moan in response. She reached forward and pressed her lips to his.

"Alex." She moaned as he hit her spot over and over again. His hands were running up and down her back, skimming across her bare shoulders. Her hands were clasped around his neck, her fingers digging into his smooth skin.

She felt the tightness build low in her as his trusts intensified.

"So close, baby." He moaned, releasing her lips from the kiss. Both of them soon came in a stream of moans, whispering each others names.

They fell back onto the blanket, wrapped around each other. Alex buried his face against her neck, making her smile and hug him tightly.

"Do you want to go back to the house now?" Alex asked after they had regained their breath.

"Yeah, I guess we can. Its getting kind of cold anyway." She said as they sat up. All Isabelle had to do was push her dress back down while Alex had to fix all of his clothes.

"Here, you can wear this to at least cover your shoulders a little." Alex told her, handing her the black button down shirt he had been wearing, leaving him in his black tshirt. She took it thankfully as the California night chilled her. Together they made their way back to the van hand in hand. "I haven't had sex on the beach in like... Years. Whatever the last time you and I did it." Alex confessed as he started the drive home, making her laugh.

"Was that better than those times or worse?" She questioned, smiling over at him.

"Every time with you is perfect, love." He told her making her heart race with love. This man was perfect.

They rode the rest of the way home in a happy and blissful silence, entering the home hand in hand.

"They had sex!" Jack yelled before they were fully in the house.

"How do you know that, Jack?" Isabelle questioned, shaking her head at her friend.

"You are wearing his shirt, for one. Also you two just have that after sex smile that you used to get back in high school." He explained making everyone laugh.

"You are ridiculous." Alex said, wrapping his arms around Isabelle's waist.

"But I'm right!" Jack yelled. "Right?"

"Yes, Jack. You are." Alex confessed making everyone cheer and catcall for their friends.

"Get some!" Rian yelled. Alex rolled his eyes at his friends.

"Night, guys!" Alex said before he and Isabelle disappeared upstairs.

What a night.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isabelle's dress