Status: finished! check out the sequel/prequel What The Past Never Told Us.

The Road Ahead of Us

Twenty - One;

The following week, All Time Low finished up their new album and were set to return home. Isabelle was excited to leave LA. She did love it here, the sunshine, the beach, the house was marvelous and Alex had been wonderful, but this house also brought bad memories. She had nightmares almost every night about babies and Alex leaving her years down the road because she couldn't have children. She would wake up in a cold sweat and tears running down her face. Alex knew nothing of these dreams as he was always passed out beside her and she would make no move to wake him. She would simply curl up against his warm body, knowing that at least for the moment he was with her, and would fall back asleep.

"You all packed?" Alex asked Isabelle when he walked into their bedroom, munching on a chip from the bag that he held in his hands.

"Yes, and your stuff is packed as well." She told him as she zipped up not only her suitcase but his as well. "I can't believe I actually packed your stuff." She mumbled but laughed none the less. "Can you go make sure I didn't forget anything in the bathroom?" She asked him as she checked around the bedroom for any last minute items that she may have passed up. Alex nodded and disappeared into the adjoining bathroom, returning a minute later shaking his head.

"You got everything." He spoke through a mouthful of chips.

"You are so attractive." She mumbled, making him grin, showing chewed up chips. Isabelle grimaced and shook her head. "I love you but ew. Give me the chips." She went over to him and held her hand out but he shook his head, pouting. "Alex, I need you to take the suitcases downstairs!" She insisted.

"Give me a kiss first!" He said, pointing to his cheek. Isabelle rolled her eyes and reached up to press her lips to his stubble covered cheek but he turned his face so their lips connected instead. He tasted of salt from the chips which made Isabelle giggle before pulling away.

"There. Now chips." She ordered, making him sigh and hand over the potato chips. He stepped around her and grabbed the handle of both of their bags and lugged them off the bed.

"Good God, what do you have in your bag? A dead body?" He questioned when he felt how heavy hers was.

"No, but I will son if you don't get moving!" She threatened making him nod and hurry from the room. She laughed and followed him out, starting to eat a few of the chips herself.

"Those are my chips!" He yelled at her as they walked down the stairs.

"Yeah, well you are a fat ass and don't need chips so suck it up." She told him when they reached the bottom. He put the bags down and turned around to pout at her.

"My ass isn't fat, is it?" He questioned, trying to turn and look at his butt. She laughed and shook her head.

"Your ass is just fine." She moved past him, smacking his ass as she went.

"You guys ready to go?" Mickey asked the couple when she saw them walk into the kitchen.

"Yes, let's get out of here." Isabelle said, putting the chips on the counter. The group agreed so they all filed out of the house, the guys loading up the van with the luggage while Mickey and Isabelle got into the van, taking the backseat.

"I don't get to sit with my girlfriend?" Alex questioned when he saw the two of them sitting together.

"No, Alex. You don't. She's mine." Mickey told him, throwing her leg over Isabelle's who giggled.

"Fine. I'll sit up here." Alex said, moving up to the passengers seat of the van, making the girls laugh while he pouted. After everyone got situated in the van, Rian who was driving, set off in the direction of the airport. The drive took about half an hour and Isabelle and Mickey spent the time having girl talk while the guys argued about football. When they got to the airport things got crazy, having to return the van and go through security and get their bags checked but soon enough they were making their way to their gate. They had about ten minutes before boarding started so they found seats and lounged around. "Are you going to sit with me on the plane or do I have to sit alone?" Alex asked his girlfriend as he sat down beside her. She laughed and reached over to take their hand, lacing their fingers together.

"I want to sit with you." He smiled at her and reached over to kiss her but a voice yelling Isabelle's name made them pull away from one another. They turned to see none other than Adam rushing towards them, a huge smile on his face. "Adam? What are you doing here?" She questioned him as he took the seat on the other side of her, smiling at her and Alex.

"Going to Baltimore, of course!" He told them as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"Why are you going to Baltimore?" Alex questioned, feeling his anger rising. He wrapped his arm around Isabelle's shoulders possessively, pulling her against him.

"I got a job there! Totally by coincidence, I swear." He told them, still smiling like the Cheshire cat.

"What happened to your internship here in LA at the recording studio?" Isabelle asked him.

"Well, that wasn't really working out. So Ed, the guy at the studio, pulled some strings and he got me a job with his cousin Max at this record shop in Baltimore." He explained.

"You are moving all the way across the country to work at a record store?" Alex asked him. This was the stupidest thing he had ever heard.

"Yeah. I think it will be really good for me. I'm excited. Plus, now I get to see my best friend all the time." Adam joked, nudging Isabelle who laughed nervously. Just then their flight was called to start boarding.

"Oh look at that, we must go." Isabelle said, standing up quickly, pulling Alex with her. "Bye, Adam." She then rushed her and Alex to the front of the boarding line, putting as much distance between her and Adam as possible. "Holy shit. I cannot believe that he is moving to Baltimore." She groaned as soon as her and Alex were in their seats. Jack and Mickey sat in front of them, Rian and Zack were in the row across from them.

"He is seriously messed up in the head." Alex muttered, watching as Adam got onto the plane, searching the crowd of people, grinning when he found them. Alex and Isabelle groaned and slid down in their seat. The guys and Mickey gave them both confused looks as Adam waved at them and made their way over. Adam took the seat in the row across from Mickey and Jack, waving happily at them.

"Just pretend that you and I are totally busy so he can't talk to us. Turn towards me." Isabelle instructed to Alex, turning to lean up against the back of Jack's seat so she couldn't see Adam who was trying to get their attention. Alex grinned mischievously.

"I have a good way to get him to leave us alone." Before Isabelle could question him, he reached forward and pressed their lips together. She giggled and wrapped her arms around his neck, kissing him back. They continued to kiss, getting gag noises from the guys and Mickey all the while, until the plane was full and the flight attendants were making their safety check. Isabelle sat back in her seat, clipping on her seat belt.

"If I pretend to be asleep for this whole flight, don't wake me." Isabelle warned Alex as the flight attendants then began their safety speech about exit doors and air masks and such.

"I just might sleep too." He told her, making her smile. Finally the plane was racing down the runway and they were in the air.

"I'm excited to get home." Isabelle told him once they were flying. She pulled her legs up into the seat and leaned against Alex, the arm rest in between them having been moved up.

"Me too. I miss being alone with you." He told her, kissing her temple. She giggled and nodded, resting her head on his shoulder.

"I miss Kara." Isabelle spoke quietly, making Alex nod.

"You'll see her in just a few hours when you get to your apartment." Alex assured her.

"Actually, she's meeting me at the airport. Since it will be late when we get in, we decided that rather than troubling you with taking me home, she can come get me. Plus, we just really miss each other. I've needed her so much the past few weeks. I wish she had been here for it all." Isabelle confessed to him.

"Does she know everything that's been going on?" Alex wondered. He had no idea that Isabelle had spoken to Kara at all. But then it really wasn't a shock that they had spoken, they are best friends.

"Yeah. I've talked to her almost everyday since it happened." Isabelle told him. She sighed and snuggled closer in his arms. "I'm tired. Take a nap with me?" She asked, turning her head to look up at him. He smiled down at her and nodded before kissing her lips gently.

"Sweet dreams, my love." He whispered, making her smile as she closed her eyes. Alex too sighed before resting his head on top of his girlfriends, slipping off into his own slumber. Neither of them had any idea that Adam was turned, watching them. Adam had to admit that his heart was breaking. He of course knew that Isabelle was with Alex, but he had no idea just how happy and in love they were. If Adam wasn't still in love with Isabelle he would have to say that they were a cute couple. Though when he looked at them, all he wanted was for it to be him she was cuddling with and smiling with.

He vowed that some day soon, it would be him again. Somehow, he would make it happen.
♠ ♠ ♠
dun dun dun.

So, I have the ending of this all planned out and I am REALLY sad to say that the end is near. As of right now, there will be NO sequel, but that may change with feedback as well as exactly how I end this, as right now I have a few ways I could do so.

Comments, people. I miss them.