Status: finished! check out the sequel/prequel What The Past Never Told Us.

The Road Ahead of Us

Twenty - Seven;

"I can't believe this is happening!" Kara gushed to her best friend who grinned back at her. Isabelle turned and looked at herself in the full length mirror beside her. She was dressed in a gorgeous white dress with lace sleeves. There was a ribbon around her waist and the dress made her look fabulous. Her still blonde hair was tied in a side updo done by Kara. She had very light makeup on. "It's about time this day finally comes, you two were engaged for like... ever."

"Well we hadn't been back together all that long when we got engaged so we agreed on a long engagement." Isabelle explained, pressing her lips together to smooth out her light pink lipstick.

"Two and a half years. A two and a half year long engagement. It's been torture waiting for this day." Isabelle rolled her eyes at Kara and grabbed her purple flowers that matched the decor her and Alex had decided on for their wedding and reception. "So how does it feel to be just fifteen minutes away from being Mrs. Alexander Gaskarth?" Isabelle couldn't contain the grin that spread across her lips.

"This should have happened years and years ago but it's happening now, that's all that matters. I've been dreaming of this day since I was a little girl." The friends smiled at each other before turning as the door opened and in walked Rian, smiling at the two of them.

"You almost ready?" He asked, reaching forward to grasp her free hand.

"More than ready." She told him. "Thank you so much for walking me down the isle, Rian." Since Isabelle's father had passed away years ago, Isabelle decided that she wanted Rian to do it as she had no brothers or even an Uncle still alive and Rian was closer to being her brother than anyone else in her life.

"There is nothing else I would rather be doing. I'm honored that you asked me." Isabelle had to contain the tears as she reached forward to wrap him up in a tight hug. "I love you, Iz." He told her, turning to kiss the side of her head.

"I love you too, Ri." She pulled back to smile softly at him. "How's Alex doing?" She questioned him, making him laugh.

"He's a nervous wreck, but he's excited. Actually, Kara," Rian turned towards his ex who stood off to the side, giving them two space. "You should go take your place, Jack is waiting." Jack of course is Alex's best man, and Kara is Isabelle's maid of honor. They agreed to have just them as the wedding party apart from of course Rian walking her down the isle, and then Zack was the ring-bearer.

"Oh, right. I'll see you in a minute, Iz." Kara kissed Isabelle's cheek softly before leaving the room to go join Jack out in the hall where they would walk together to the banquet all where they were having the ceremony and reception. Since neither Isabelle or Alex were very religious they agreed to not have it in a church, it didn't feel right.

"You ready?" Rian asked Isabelle who took in a deep breath and nodded.

"More than ready." Rian smiled and linked their arms. She gripped his elbows tightly with her left hand and her flowers with the right hand. She was nervous but extremely excited. She just wished her parents were here to see her marry Alex, they would be beyond happy about their union. Isabelle's mother spent all of high school asking them when they would be tying the knot, she even went so far as making Isabelle go dress shopping with her once. Needless to say her parents had been devastated when they broke up.

"Let's go." Rian led her out of the room and down the hall. They entered a small entry way where Jack and Kara stood, waiting for their signal to go in.

"You look gorgeous, Izzy." Jack told her. Isabelle smiled up at Jack.

"And you look very handsome." Jack grinned back at her proudly before the music began. Kara and Jack linked arms and began their decent out of the room. From where Rian and Isabelle stood they couldn't see into the ceremony area but Isabelle's heart raced with excitement, knowing that just a few feet down the isle Alex stood waiting for her. Finally the music changed and it was her turn.

"Ready?" Isabelle nodded at Rian's question and together they began to walk. They turned the corner and went through the doors. Isabelle's eyes swept over the small group of their friends and Alex's family. During the planning Isabelle spent an entire day locked away crying after they sent out the invitations. It had hit Isabelle how she had no family left, it was a depressing thought. Alex reminded her though that after today she would have family. She would have him. His parents would officially become her parents, his aunts and uncles would become hers. She did have family.

Isabelle's eyes finally came to rest on the makeshift alter where Alex stood waiting. His grin seemed to light up the entire room. Isabelle couldn't help but giggle as she saw that Alex still wore his ever present beanie on his head. He said he wouldn't wear it for this occasion but Isabelle insisted that he did. She didn't know him any other way. They connected eyes and didn't look away from each other the entire walk down the isle. Soon they came to a stop and Rian reached over to kiss her cheek before Alex reached forward and took her hand while Rian took a seat in the front row beside Alex's mother.

"Ladies and gentlemen," The justice of the peace began. "today we have gathered together to celebrate the marriage of Alexander and Isabelle." Isabelle looked over at Alex who was already smiling at her. "Marriage is the promise between two people who love each other, who trust each other, who honor one another as individuals in that togetherness, and who wish to spend rest of their lives with each other. It enables the two separate souls to share their desires, longings, dreams, joys and sorrows, and to help each other through all uncertainties of life."

Isabelle could feel the tears stinging at her eyes. This was the day she had been waiting for. When she was a little girl she fantasized about getting married to Alex. Her little girl mind never actually thought it would happen though she dreamed that it would. Then while they were together for four years she felt her excitement return. Maybe it would actually happen. She would marry the man of her dreams. Then four years without speaking to him saw her dream tarnished again. Now here they were, three years back together for a total of 7 years dating and they were ready to finally become one. It was a magical day and she couldn't believe it was actually happening.

"Alexander, will you take Isabelle, to be your lawful wedded wife? Will you love, comfort, honor and protect her; forsaking all others to be faithful to her until death do you apart?" Alex couldn't keep the grin off of his face as he looked down at Isabelle who smiled right back, gripping at his hands tightly.

"I do." Those two words out of Alex's mouth made Isabelle's heart sore.

"Isabelle, will you take Alexander, to be your lawful wedded husband? Will you love, comfort, honor and protect him; forsaking all others to be faithful to him until death do you apart?"

"Of course I do." Alex gave Isabelle's hands a gentle squeeze before the Justice of the Peace continued on.

"Alexander,repeat after me." Alex nodded. "I, Alexander, take you Isabelle to be my wife, and my better half."

"I, Alexander, take you Isabelle to be my wife, and my better half." Alex repeated.

"I will take care and cherish our relationship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever."

"I will take care and cherish our relationship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever." Isabelle felt a tear spring free from her eye as she stared straight into Alex's own shining brown orbs as he repeated everything to her, meaning every word.

"I will always be open, honest, and faithful to you."

"I will always be open, honest, and faithful to you." By now, Isabelle couldn't even hear the Justice of the Peace saying it first. It was coming from Alex and Alex only.

"I take you for my wife, to have and to hold from this day on, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish for all the days of my life and until my last breath."

"I take you for my wife, to have and to hold from this day on, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish for all the days of my life and until my last breath." After Alex finished his vows, Isabelle had tears streaming down her cheeks and even Alex had a tear or two sliding down his own cheeks.

Then it was Isabelle's turn. She took a deep breath and tried to contain her tears.

"Now Isabelle,repeat after me. I, Isabelle, take you Alexander to be my husband, and my better half." Isabelle took a deep breath before repeating as he said.

"I, Isabelle, take you Alexander to be my husband, and my better half."

"I will take care and cherish our relationship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever."

"I will take care and cherish our relationship and love you today, tomorrow, and forever." Alex smiled and released one of her hands to reach up and wipe a few of her tears from her cheek.

"I will always be open, honest, and faithful to you."

"I will always be open, honest, and faithful to you." Isabelle then did the same for Alex, reaching up to wipe some of his tears from his cheeks, making him smile down at her.

"I take you for my husband, to have and to hold from this day on, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish for all the days of my life and until my last breath."

"I take you for my husband, to have and to hold from this day on, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish for all the days of my life and until my last breath." By now Isabelle's hands were shaking, knowing that they were nearing the time when they would be officially joined together forever.

"The rings, please." Zack stepped up from where he stood beside Jack and handed the Justice the two rings. "Alex, repeat after me." Alex took the ring that was offered out to him and took Isabelle's left hand. "This ring, which has no beginning and no end, symbolizes the love and trust between us that will never cease. May its presence on your hand remind you of my love and vow. I place it on your finger as a visible sign of the promises which have made us husband and wife."

"This ring, which has no beginning and no end, symbolizes the love and trust between us that will never cease. May its presence on your hand remind you of my love and vow. I place it on your finger as a visible sign of the promises which have made us husband and wife." Alex repeated each word perfectly as he slid the diamond wedding band onto her finger, matching it up with her engagement ring as Isabelle giggled, more tears slipping down her cheeks.

"Here you are Isabelle." Isabelle took Alex's wedding band from the Justice of the Peace and gripped Alex's left hand. "This ring, which has no beginning and no end, symbolizes the love and trust between us that will never cease. May its presence on your hand remind you of my love and vow. I place it on your finger as a visible sign of the promises which have made us husband and wife."

"This ring, which has no beginning and no end, symbolizes the love and trust between us that will never cease. May its presence on your hand remind you of my love and vow. I place it on your finger as a visible sign of the promises which have made us husband and wife." The ring slid perfectly onto his finger where it would now forever sit.

"Until now Alexander and Isabelle have spent each moment of their lives as separate individuals. But from this day on, and every day after this day shall be shared and spent as one. By the power enthroned in me, by the state of Maryland, I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss your bride." Alex wasted no time in reaching forward to take Isabelle's tear stained face in his hands.

"I love you." He whispered before his lips were on hers. The cheering and clapping crowd seemed to fade away as they kissed, Isabelle clutching at his jacket.

"I love you." She breathed when they released each others lips.

"Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Gaskarth!" The Justice of the Peace yelled making the crowd burst into cheers again as the now married couple turned towards them, raising their joined hands. With that Alex pulled Isabelle down the isle. As soon as they were away from everyone and out in the hall alone he pulled her into his arms.

"We're married!" She exclaimed, wrapping her arms around his neck as his arms snaked around her waist. He grinned and lifted her up, spinning them both in circles while she giggled.

"Mrs. Isabelle Gaskarth." He said, placing her back on the ground. "Just as it should be." She grinned and nodded. She couldn't agree more. They connected their lips until their friends came running in.

"You're married!" Jack screamed, enveloping them both in a tight hug. Soon enough Zack, Rian and Kara too joined in the hug. As Isabelle stood in a tight mass with her favorite people in the world, she looked up at her husband and couldn't contain her smile. There was no where else she would rather be and no other way she would want this day to go. It was perfect.

THE END.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wedding

Whoa guys.... this is over.

I know that there is a LOT of repetitiveness in this what with the vows but I just wanted to make this as realistic to a wedding as I could. I hope that you all are happy with this ending.

Now, if you are unaware, I posted the Sequel. It's actually a prequel since it will be Isabelle and Alex when they were younger. I hope that you all have enjoyed this story as much as I have enjoyed writing it. I'm VERY excited for the sequel so go subscribe to it. It's gonna be GREAT!

I LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!