Status: finished! check out the sequel/prequel What The Past Never Told Us.

The Road Ahead of Us

Four;

"Where are we?" Micky questioned tiredly, having just woken up from a nap. Everyone looked around them as Jack drove through the streets of some crowded city.

"Chicago! We are going to Millennium Park." He answered happily, a wide grin on his face.

"Isn't that where that giant silver bean lookin thing is?" Alex asked, a frown on his face.

"It's called the Cloud Gate, actually, Alex." Isabelle corrected, making him roll his eyes.

"Yeah, same thing." Alex mumbled, making her smile and shove him with her arm. They were seated in the two seater behind the driver and the passengers seat, where Jack and Micky were. Behind them sat Adam, Rian and Zack. Katie, Carrie and Kara sat in the back. Katie and Kara were talking away nonstop but Carrie just sat there looking out the window. Isabelle actually felt sort of bad for her, but not enough to do anything about it.

"So what all are we going to be doing in Chicago, aside from Millennium Park, Jack?" Adam asked, leaning forward to wrap his arms around Isabelle's shoulder, leaning his face into the side of her head. She turned to kiss his temple as she leaned into his warm arms. She didn't notice the glare that Alex gave Adam.

"Well we are going to spend a few hours there and then go to the hotel, where I have booked each couple to have their own room, we will all get pretty and then go out to dinner and then to this totally awesome club that I found." Jack explained, basically bouncing in his seat.

"I'm not 21 yet though." Carrie called from the back, making everyone turn to look at her, including Jack who had stopped at a red light.

"It's an 18 and up club so you can get in, they just won't serve you alcohol." Jack explained, smiling at her but she still shook her head.

"I don't like clubs." Everyone groaned and turned away from her. It was only the second day and already they were sick of her. All she did was mope and complain.

"Then stay at the hotel. I don't give a fuck what you like and don't like. We are going to the club whether you are coming or not." Jack told her angrily, making everyone's eyes pop. Jack was never mean to anyone. Except for obviously Carrie.

"Dude..." Alex warned. Alex agreed with everything Jack said, but Carrie was still his girlfriend and it was his fault that she was here on the road trip, he should at least try to back her up a little bit.

"What?" Jack questioned, turning back around to drive on as the light turned green. "Do you want us to change our plans just because she doesn't like what I have planned?" Alex sighed and shook his head, saying nothing more. By the time they reached Millennium Park and Jack had parked, everyone couldn't wait to get out of the van. The tension was so thick you could practically cut it with a butter knife.

Isabelle took Adam's hand and followed Jack and Micky over to the large silver bean shaped sculpture. The rest of the group followed them, pairing up with their significant others, even Carrie allowed Alex to take her hand.

The group spent the next few minutes taking pictures around the sculpture and messing around. They then walked around the Lurie Gardens, taking pictures together there as well. Eventually the couples split off and went to wander wherever they pleased, agreeing to meet at the van at 5, which was two hours from then.

Adam and Isabelle wandered around the streets, stopping in random shops to buy random items that they knew that they didn't need but wanted anyway.

Soon it was nearing five so they made their way back to the van. Everyone but Jack and Micky had returned.

"So Carrie, are you going to the club with us tonight or what?" Isabelle asked the brunette. Adam leaned against the side of the van, pulling Isabelle into his body by her waist.

"No, I'm not. I don't drink and all of you do, so I would just be left out. I'd rather not deal with all you drunk people." Carrie responded, making everyone roll their eyes.

"Suit yourself." Isabelle answered, shrugging.

"You know, I'll stay at the hotel with you." Everyone looked at Adam. Isabelle stepped out of his arms to look up at him properly.

"What?" She questioned, frowning.

"I drank too much in the room last night and in the van, I'm still a little messed up. I'd rather stay in tonight so I can party hard tomorrow or something." He explained.

"Okay." Isabelle answered. She didn't really like this much. It for some reason gave her a bad feeling in her chest that she couldn't explain. She pushed it off as Jack and Micky returned so they all piled into the van, everyone taking a random seat as it was a short drive to the hotel. Isabelle ended up between Kara and Carrie.

As soon as they arrived at the hotel, Jack got the room keys and passed them around to everyone before everyone ventured off to their rooms, which were all on the same floor and right next to each other.

"So you really aren't going to go?" Isabelle asked Adam as he sat on their bed while she searched in her bag for something to wear to the club.

"Nah, I'd rather not. You go and have fun though. I give you permission to dance with Alex, but only dance." Adam said, smiling, making Isabelle smile and shake her head. When she decided on what dress to wear, a short strapless polka dot black dress, she got into the shower.

After her shower, she did her hair in soft curls, her makeup black and simple. She added color to her look with bright pink heels and pink jewelry, finishing the look off with a pink clutch purse.

"How do I look?" She asked Adam when she stepped out of the bathroom.

"Wow.." He said, looking her up and down. At times, he really regretted his whole 'pure until marriage' thing. This was one of those times. "You look.. gorgeous." Isabelle smiled and did a little twirl, making Adam smile as well. "Get over here." He ordered playfully, making her smile and walk across the room to fall into his waiting arms. His lips were soon on hers, his arms tightly around her waist. As they kissed, his defenses slowly broke. What guy refuses sex for 22 years anyway? Especially with a gorgeous and willing girlfriend like Isabelle? I want to spend my whole life with her anyway, so what does it matter if we have sex before our actual wedding day? He thought to himself.

He turned them around, causing her to fall back onto their bed with a giggle escaping her lips. He stood in front of her, staring down at her. He reached forward, taking the heels from her feet, tossing them across the room. He then climbed on top of her, reattaching their lips. Her hands wound into his hair while his rested on her hips.

"Adam..." She whispered when he disconnected their lips to kiss his way down her neck. "What are you doing? What about-?" She was cut off as he pressed his lips back to hers again.

"I don't care about that." He answered, pulling back just a little. "I want you more." She didn't protest as he connected their lips once more. She was working on the buttons of his shirt when there was a knock on the door.

"Izzy!" Alex yelled as her and Adam broke apart, Adam groaning in frustration. "Time to go! We are all waiting on you!" Isabelle sighed and looked up at Adam sadly.

"We can continue this when I get back, alright? I won't stay long and I promise not to get totally drunk." She told him, making him sigh and nod before getting off of her. She stood up, smoothed down her dress and her hair before going to find her shoes as Adam opened the door, letting Alex in.

"What's taken you so long?" Alex asked her before he looked around the room. He saw the messed up bed sheets, the flushed look on both of their faces and her wrinkled dress. "Oh... Never mind." He grinned. "Sorry to interrupt." Isabelle rolled her eyes as she slipped her shoes back on.

"Come on." She grabbed her clutch and walked over to the guys. She kissed Adam's lips before taking Alex's arm and leading him out of the room.

"What happened to that whole purity thing he had going? Did you finally break him?" Alex questioned as they walked down the hall.

"My good looks finally won him over, I guess." Isabelle said, smiling. She decided to not tell him that they hadn't actually gone all the way, it was none of his business really.

"I don't know how he lasted as long as he has. You do look gorgeous tonight though, so it's really no shock that tonight was what finally cracked him." Alex said, grinning. Isabelle blushed but said nothing. They said nothing as they made their way down to the lobby where everyone was waiting.

"Its party time, bitches!" Jack yelled as soon as he spotted the two of them. Everyone laughed as everyone in the lobby gave Jack looks of shock, which he ignored.

Let the fun begin.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isabelle's outfit