Status: Every Friday

I'm Not Retarded, Just Unique

I'm A Rock In A Hard Place

“Is Frank gonna be okay?” Mikey's eyes were locked on the boy in the hospital bed. They were large and brown and resembled the similar look to them that a wounded animal would have. He was sitting in one of the plastic hospital chairs the room had in it. His fists were ripping onto the bar of the bed and his head was resting on top of them, his elbows dangling below him.

“You know what the doctors said, Mikey. He's gonna be fine.” Gerard pet his kid brothers hair but Mikey still whimpered.

Marie had called the boys saying that Frank had passed out. She said nothing about how or why he did but both of the Way's were frantic even without the story. When they took him to the hospital. Marie talked to the doctors in private. When Frank was in a hospital room, the doctor said that he would not need any type of extensive care or medical treatment. He simple stated that he had a nervous breakdown and his body shut down on him. Frank could even go home as soon as he waked up. Marie was still uneasy about the whole ordeal but did not argue with the doctors order's.

Frank was placed in a common hospital room that had two other beds in it. Those beds were empty right now though. Currently Marie was out of the room and talking to Doctor Anna. Mikey and Gerard sat in chairs side by side on the right side of Frank. The boy was on his side his back to them and sleeping soundly.

“Come on Mikey, you want a snack?” Gerard asked as he nudged his brother.

“Yes, but I stay with Frank.” Gerard sighed but nodded knowing he needed a coffee desperately right now.

“You want some skittles?” Gerard questioned by Mikey shook his head.

“M&M's peanut flavored.” Mikey looked up at Gerard and he nodded one last time before leaving the room. Mikey's eye's lingered on the door for a few minuets before he looked back at Frank. Mikey's rose from his chair wincing as it squeaked against the tile floor. He took one last glance at the door before crawling onto Frank's bed. Mikey pulled the covers around him and snuggled into Frank's back. The smaller boy grunted a bit before rolling over and grabbing onto Mikey. He mumbled a few words that Mikey didn't quite catch before he settled against. Mikey rested his head on top of Frank's and inhaled the smaller boys smell.

Mikey was a very motherly like person. Whenever someone was injured or ill, Mikey would act like a mother hen and run around healing them until they are in better health. Frank was Mikey's new victim. Since Frank was asleep and in a hospital, Mikey didn't know what he could really do about it. All Mikey did know was that he could snuggle. Snuggling helped him and it would help Frank. Mikey would snuggle the shit out of Frank if that's what it took.

“I'm gonna make Frankie all better.” Mikey whispered to Frank before closing his eyes.

Xoxoxoxo

Frank woke up feeling hot and smothered. He opened his tired eyes and blinked a few times until they adjusted to the light. The boy tried to move his arm but it was stuck. He looked to his side and saw Mikey in bed with him.

Frank looked around the room he thought was his own but quickly realized it wasn't. The room smelt stale and sterile and the sheets were crisp and scratchy. He wiggled out of Mikey's grasp and slide onto the floor. He stumbled a bit before regaining his balance. He looked around the room a bit before sitting down on one of the chairs next to the bed.

He was confused as to why him and Mikey were in a hospital room and sharing the same bed. There was an empty one right next to them. Maybe Frank crawled into the bed by mistake. Frank tried to remember why he was in a hospital to begin with. His memory was a bit fuzzy from the day before. He remembered taking a purple pill for Marie but a lot after that was blank. He had a few memories of school and Mikey, but not a whole lot.

He thought bubble was popped when the door to the room was opened. Gerard shuffled into the room carrying a cup of coffee in one hand and a bag of candy in the other. Frank actually smiled when he saw the elder boy feeling excited. Gerard looked at the bed and his eyebrows knitted together when he saw Mikey there. He turned to the chairs and his eyes widened a bit when he saw Frank there. His legs were swinging under him and a smile was plastered on his face.

“Hi Gerard!”

“Uh-h-hey Frank, what are you doing out of the hospital bed?” Gerard asked approaching the free chair next to Frank.

“I was to be in it?” Frank cocked his head to the side as he watched Gerard sit down.

“Yea, you are the one in the hospital, not Mikey.” Gerard pointed out before sipping on his drink.

“Why am I in bed? I am sick?” Frank felt his own forehead. He felt fine, did he have a bug on the inside of him?

“No, you aren't sick. Do you not remember what happened?”

“No 'member.” Frank shrugged as if it meant nothing.

“The doctor said you had a nervous breakdown. You sure nothing happened?” Frank stared off into space a bit. He couldn't remember anything that happened.

“I don't....don't know. Pill, I took pill. Then had school day. I felt strange. I wanted...wanted to go to school, next day. Marie said I still sick. But, I was not sick.” Frank's brow furrowed together as he thought about what had happened.

“Did you two get into a fight?” Gerard questioned, something he could never imagine.

“Mom,” Frank mumbled staring blanking off into space. Gerard raised an eyebrow as he looked ikey. He decided it was best to leave it at this. Gerard just let out a huff before looking at Mikey once more. He shook his head and got up to poke him in the arm. Mikey grunted before opening up a tired eye.

“You smashed Frank.” Gerard said and Mikey's eyes opened up to the size of saucers. He jumped out of the bed, almost falling face first on the floor before looking at the bed.

“Oh my god! Is he in the mattress?!” Mikey shouted looking close to tears. Gerard probably shouldn't have said that knowing Mikey couldn't take a joke at all.

“Oh look! He magically appeared in the chair!” Gerard motioned to Frank with his hand that was cupped around his coffee. Mikey gasped and ran over to Frank holding his face in his hands. Frank's squirmed and whined as he tried to get away from Mikey.

“I didn't squish you!”

“You are!” Frank cried and Mikey quickly let him go. Frank rubbed his face and Mikey his hovered over him. “Marie,” Frank mumbled looking up at the two.

“She will be back soon. You want me to call her?” Frank nodded and Gerard pulled out his phone before dialing the number. It ringed a four times before she picked up.

“Hello?”

“Hi Marie, I'm calling to let you know Frank woke up.” Gerard spoke and looked over to see Frank reaching out for the phone clenching and unclenching his fists at Gerard. “Uh-here,” Gerard handed the phone to Frank who wrapped both of his hands around it.

“Grandma!” Frank smiled into the phone.

“Hi Frankie! I will be over soon. I had to talk to Anna. Are you okay?”

“Is Anna okay? I am okay.”

“She is fine honey. I'm at the hospital now. I will see you shortly, okay?”

“Bye! I love you,” Frank whispered into the phone as if it was the biggest secret in the world.

“Love you too, bye Frankie.”

Frank handed the phone to Gerard who then put it back into his pocket. Frank then got up and made his way over to the window of the hospital door. He peered out of it, his nose and eyes were the only visible part to anyone on the outside.

“Frank what you doing?” Mikey asked as Frank waved at a passing person.

“Marie is coming,” Frank stated waving again. “Hi!” He shouted to the person outside and Gerard and Mikey smiled the younger Way let out a little giggle at Frank's excitement.

“Hey Frank, you want to surprise Marie when she comes?” Gerard asked and Frank turned away from the door and nodded.

“I like surprise!”

“Go hide then, we'll play hide and seek with her.” Frank's eyes sparkled at the words.

“I love hide and seek!” He squealed running around the room. Mikey watched as Frank crawled on the side of one of the hospital beds. He was out of sight as he let out a little giggle. A few minuets after Frank hid, Marie entered with a smile on her face. It quickly faulted when she didn't see Frank on the bed though.

“Where is Frank?” Marie demanded looking between both Way's.

“I'm here!” Frank sprang out of his hiding spot and ran over to Marie. He fell into his arms and the woman eased up as the boy fell into her.

“You scared me baby,” Granny Iero let out a little laugh as Frank nuzzled her.

“I played hide and seek! I hide good, yes?” Frank looked up at her with a mad grin and she laughed and nodded.

“You hide very good, Frank You were incognito.”

“Incognito,” Frank repeated with a little smile. Marie clapped her hands together and smiled down at Frank.

“Okay honey, ready to go home?”

“Home!”Frank repeated with a smile.
♠ ♠ ♠
Haha, forgot it was Friday. I am in bed and everything, right about to close my eyes when something popped into my head.

"Hey Keely...forgot something?"
"SHIT THE FAN FICTION!!!" XP!!!

Recs: 59
Readers: 244
Subscribers: 113
Comments: 197

XP The amount of Subcribers is dropping...

Great news! My timeline for Freddie Mercury (a project that took up all my fan fiction time) it over with on Monday! WOOT! So, more chapters :)!