Status: Every Friday

I'm Not Retarded, Just Unique

Back To Normal

Frank and Marie returned home with Gerard and Mikey following behind them in Gerard's car. The Iero's parked their car in the driveway while the Way's took the curb. They both got out and Frank was as cheerful as ever. It was almost as if nothing had even happened with him. Marie let Frank unlock the house and he flung himself into the home giggling for no reason.

“Is Mikey and Gerard staying?” Frank asked Marie as he faced the two males.

“I can't but if it's okay with Marie, Mikey can.” Gerard looked up at the elder woman for an answer. She smiled and nodded her head.

“As long as you two don't make too much noise.” Marie said and Frank and Mikey cheered as they ran up the stairs. Marie and Gerard were left with each other and Gerard made the first move to speak.

“It's is really okay if Mikey can't stay. I know today must have been a draining day for you and I don't want you thinking it will bother us if he not stay.” Gerard scratched the back of his neck, his nervous habit. Marie just waved her hand and let it go.

“It's okay Gerard, Frank knows that if I nap he can wake me up. I'm sure Mikey won't be a problem. Even if he is I will call you,” Marie said calmly. Gerard knew Marie must be exhausted but he still admired the woman for putting up with two disabled children. Lord knows how Gerard would react if he was upset and Mikey had an episode.

“Please do,” Gerard smiled.

“If you don't mind me asking, why can't you stay with the others?” Marie asked as she slipped out of her shoes and hung her jacket up in the hallways coat closet.

“I have to go to work. I'm a bit low on funds this week because I had to pay rent.” Marie nodded her head as she closed the closet door.

“Do you work really late?” Marie asked and Gerard shrugged.

“Uh-I guess I do. It's a night job at a club bar.”

“Oh, well I guess that is later then,” Marie gave a little chuckle at that.

“I suppose so, but that isn't the one I am going to go to. I have two jobs, the other one is at some comic shop. They have a lot of staff crew there so the usually don't need me around. I mainly do it to get a few quick bucks when I need it.” Gerard told her and Marie just shook her head.

“Do you ever ask your parents for support?”

“No, I don't ever really need it. My online courses are pretty cheap and the only real time I am low on funds is when the rent due or if Mikey wants to go somewhere. He rarely asks to do anything anymore though. He doesn't know exactly what job I do or what a job is really. He just feels upset that I come home late and tired.” Marie made a small humming noise of understandment and Gerard just sighed. “Well, I have to go. I'll pick up Mikey when I am done or whenever you want him gone. I shouldn't be too long.” Grandma Iero waved as Gerard left the house and closed the door behind him.

Once Gerard was gone, the old woman made her way up the stairs. She took her time knowing her brittle bones would not appreciate the rush up the stairs. Once she reached the second floor she shuffled on over to Frank's door where she knocked on the door three times. Marie turned the knob and found Mikey and Frank on the floor with Frank's toys in their hands and around them. Both of their heads snapped up as they stared at Marie.

“I'm going to be in my room, okay Frank? If you need anything come get me. Don't use any of the kitchen electronic, even the toaster. If you want to watch a movie but you are having troubles, come get me, okay you two?”

“'Kay!” Both boys chimed before Marie fled the room to go take a nap.

“You can use the toaster?” Mikey asked Frank as he picked up the T-rex and began battling Frank's transformer.

“Only with grandma around. Sometimes the toast, get's...stuck, in the toaster.” Frank mumbled as he extended the arm of his plastic robot to punch the dinosaur.

“Mom and Gerard won't let me use the machines. I burnt the microwave and I stuck a fork in the toaster.” Mikey confessed as he let out a loud explosion sound as he tossed the dinosaur in the air.

“What happened?” Frank pressed on, curious of Mikey's tail.

“It got all electrical. Sparks flew, the-um...the um plug thing-” Mikey pointed to Frank's electrical outlet. “The plug thing went, PSSSHTTT!” Mikey threw his hands out as he made the hissing noise. “Then it was on fire!”

“Fire?!” Frank stared at Mikey in awe.

“Gerard had to get the fire putter outter and the firemen came!”

“You saw firemen?” Frank almost found that hard to believe.

“They were upset,” the boy confessed and Frank hummed.

“No toaster,” Mikey picked up a Batman toy and lifted his arms up and down. “Gerard has toys too. His are money. Express-Expensive. One of a kind,” Mikey set the small toy back down and began to pick at the small hole in the knee of his faded blue jeans.

“My toys not rich.” Frank mumbled, allowing his dark hair fringe to fall over his face. He flipped it so it only covered half of his blank face.

“Do you-...Do you like mom? Your mom,” Frank looked at Mikey as he spoke. Mikey shrugged his shoulders as he fiddled around with his glasses.

“I love my mom. She is my mom. I am upset at times. I know I am-I am hard to manage and I am trouble. That's why Gerard has me. Him and me see each other when mom is at work.” Mikey began playing around with the tyrannosaurus rex's teeth. “She's nice, I love her.”

“You mom, she is-, kind.” Frank smiled bobbing his head a bit. “I wanna meet your mom. Your dad?” Mikey scrunched his nose up and shook his head, signaling that he didn't want to talk about his father.

“I don't like him.” Mikey confessed and Frank dropped the subject of fathers. “Frank, where are your family?”

“I don't know,” the small male confessed and Mikey cocked his head to the side.

“How don't you know?”

“They don't want me. Granny says they, they are evil. Dad played game, with me. I was, in a dumpster for while. I don't see them after, the game.” Frank spaced out and Mikey watched Frank in wonder.

“Do you miss them?”

“I miss mom. Mom was nice. I miss, mom. Mom wasn't very nice, but she was...at time...She gave nice hugs. They made my belly do, happy things.” Frank's hands rested against his stomach. “I miss hug, her hugs.”

“You never see her?” Mikey looked over Frank's pained eyes yet small smile.

“No, I wish-wished, last year, on my birthday for her to come. This year, I hope she come.” Frank mumbled as he looked down at the faded blue carpet.

“When is your birthday?”

“Halloween.”

“Halloween?!” Mikey gawked the subject of it exciting him. “You are born on Halloween?”

“Yea,” Frank murmured feeling a bit shy.

“That's cool!!! I don't have cool birthday. It passed in September. Your day is close! You have party? You going to have party?” Mikey questioned and Frank only shrugged.

“No, no party-I never have party.” He explained to the tall boy and he nodded.

“I give party,” Mikey said softly at first. He then began to over think the idea and think of everything he could do for Frank. Mikey's eyes filled with excitement as he pictured cake, balloons, music, games-everything! “I give you party!” Mikey shouted and stood up pointing at Frank. The tiny male leaned back, away from the finger.

“Give me party?” Frank cocked his head to the side and stared into Mikey's dark hazel eyes.

“I'll give you party! Gerard help too!”

“Gerard be at party?” Frank grinned at Mikey his eyes sparkling as if Mikey was holding a shiny new toy in his face.

“Yes! Frank, I give you special party because you is-are special!”

“I get party!” Frank stood up clapping his hands together as he ran out of his room. He dashed down the hall clapping his hands and shouting, “I get party!” He swung open Marie's door and jumped on her bed.

“Frank!” Mikey called from his bedroom door.

“Grandma!” The smallest Iero giggled as he shook the sleeping women. He was shaking with excitement and his heart was beating like a drum.

“Huh? What-Frank?” Marie eye's were small slits. She gently pushed Frank away and the boy crawled off of her. She rubbed her eyes and mumbled incoherent words. “Frank, what is it? What's wrong?”

“Mikey is giving me party!” Frank squealed excitedly and grandma Iero was far too tired to really take in all that was happening. She blinked a bit trying to wrap her head around what Fran was talking about.

“A party? For what?”

“His birthday!” Mikey called out from the hallway. He didn't enter the room from a rule his mother told him when he was small. Don't enter a strangers room unless they invited you in. Of course Marie was no stranger but he still didn't know her all that well.

“A birthday party? Mikey will throw you a birthday party?” Marie asked Frank as she tried to wrap her exasperated brain around the idea.

“Yes, with Gerard,” Frank nodded and Marie just sighed.

“Okay Frank, is that all?” Frank nodded before kissing his grandmothers cheek and leaving the room. Frank and Mikey skipped back into the boy's room and closed the door behind them. Frank took a seat on the bed with his legs crossed and a pillow held tightly to his chest, as he tried to control his excitement. Mikey sat on the floor with his legs out in front of him, the toys they were playing with earlier were surrounding him.

“Frank, what do you want for your birthday?” Mikey looked up at Frank shrugged his shoulders.

“Don't know,” he replied casually.

“There has to be one thing,” the tall boy pressed on. Frank just bit his lip and shook his head. He knew what he wanted could never really have. Frank didn't want a visit from his parents or even the puppy he always hoped he'd get. He wanted his guitar fixed. The guitar itself was in perfect condition, but one string on the guitar was broken. He didn't know how it happened or how to fix it. He feared his guitar would be gone forever. Frank hadn't told anyone about the issue fearing that he would get punished for breaking such a valuable item.

Frank could recall a memory of him breaking something as a small child. It was when he was living with his father. The tiny boy broke a bowl. Frank's father had 'forgotten' to feed his only son once again and the infant decided to seek out his own meals. The tiny boy placed a large pot upside down and crawled on top of it. He used his small strength to lift himself up on the counter and regain his balance. One the toddler was back on his feet, he opened up the wooden cabinet door and peek inside. He spotted a small glass bowl and on the other side of the cabinet was a box of Fruit Loops. A grin spread across Frank's face as he reach for the two but failed. He stood up on the very tips of his toes and grabbed onto the bowl. He pulled it out along with the box and sat down on the counter. He giggled as he held onto his prizes. Frank then began to climb down from the counter. He let go of his cereal in order to hold onto the counter with one hand and the bowl with the other. Frank mumbled and grunted as he tried to reached out for the pot. He elbow slipped though, and he let out a yelp as he fell from the counter. He tried grabbing onto the cereal but it only resulted in the box opening and the colorful rings that were inside came pouring out. Frank's butt landed on the pot before he bounced off and landed on his butt on the tile floor. Frank then began to cry when he heard the shattering of the bowl. He cried out for his father to help him and make the pain in his rear end go away. Frank's father did no such thing. He was furious that Frank had broken his 'expensive' dish. He punished the boy by slapping his head and giving him a spanking. Later on that day Frank had to pick the cereal up off of the floor and throw it away. The four year old only threw about half of them away, shoving the others into his awaiting mouth.

Needless to say, Frank preferred to keep all broken or misplaced thing to himself. Even when someone found out, he would press himself against a wall and grab onto something so no one could pull him away and hit him. The thought of Marie cursing and shouting at Frank made the boy quiver and want to throw up.

“Frank?” Mikey spoke up suddenly causing the other male to jump at the voice.

“What?”

“Present?”

“Anything,” he sighed not really feeling up to discussing gifts. Frank would be happy with anything that was given to him. Gifts were always a blessing to him no matter how stupid or childish they were.

“Anything, even if I gave you a rat?” Mikey questioned and Frank scrunched up his noise.

“Please don't,” Frank mumbled not really wanting to discourage Mikey's rat present but he didn't want the thing either.

“Then tell me what you want.”

“Mikey, I don't know!” Frank whined feeling pressured and agitated. “Gifts, photos, toys, things, books-” Frank ended in a long whine and Mikey made a face.

“I get you good gift. I tell Gerard to get you good gift too. You get good gifts.” Mikey told Frank wanting to make sure the boy would be happy,

“Don't buy too many,” Frank muttered.

“You get everything you want.” Mikey said to Frank and the boy bit his lip nervously mumbled a few words to himself. He was happy he was getting a party, but he was unhappy Mikey was wasting his (Gerard's) money while doing it.

xoxoxo

True to his word, Gerard came back a few hours later and Frank answered the door. He smiled up at Gerard and let him in his home. Mikey walked down the stairs and smiled up at Gerard who waved at his brother.

“We are, going to give Frank party.” Mikey told Gerard as Frank scratched the back of his neck awkwardly.

“Why are we throwing Frank a party?” Gerard questioned looking between both boys but only Mikey made eye contact with him.

“His special day is Halloween!” Mikey grinned and Gerard looked surprised.

“Frank, you were born on Halloween?” Frank looked up at Gerard and nodded with a timid smile. The hand that was on his neck now rested on his arm. “That's cool, you want a party, huh?”

“Mph, Mikey-M-Mikey said he'd make one.” Frank motioned to the tallest child who smiled proudly at his idea.

“Can we give Frank party?”

“I'll talk to Marie about it, how does that sound?” Gerard said and both boys grinned at each other giving Gerard a sharp nod. “Alright, you ready to go Mikey?” Gerard turned to his brother who tugged on his shoe.

“Yes, ready,” Mikey spun around and gave Frank a big hug before skipping out the door. Gerard also gave Frank a hug before stepping out of the Iero home. Frank waved from the doorway as Mikey and Gerard got in the car and drove off. The younger Way was halfway out the window, waving frantically at Frank until he was out of sight.

“Did you have fun at Frank's?” Gerard asked out of curiosity and Mikey nodded.

“Yes! Frank can use a toaster!” Mikey gushed out to Gerard as if it was the coolest thing on the face of the earth. Of course to Mikey, using any kitchen appliance was like owning a mansion. “He said he want to meet mom. We should have party at our house.” Gerard cocked his eyebrow at the subject of mothers.

“You talked about parents?”

“Yes, I told him about mom and dad. He don't know where his parents are. He misses his mom. They were mean but his mom hugged good.” Gerard hummed staring ahead of him the words Mikey was saying swirled around in his head. “I wanna give him a happy hug. The hug his mom give. It would make him so, so happy.” Mikey sighed as laid back against the car seat.

Gerard and Mikey drove in silence until Mikey shot forward and looked up.

“I left my jacket at Frank's!”

“Oh, you've got to be kidding me?” Gerard groaned as he parked the car. “Really?”

“I need my jacket!” Mikey cried and the older brother knew that Mikey did indeed, need his jacket.

“Goddammit...Okay, fine I'll get your jacket. I want you in bed first.” Gerard pointed to his apartment and got out of the car. He was a bit tired and honestly he wasn't to thrilled about the twenty minuets drive back to Frank's.

Oh well, Gerard knew if he didn't get the jacket his brother wouldn't be able to sleep. Mikey without sleep was not a good thing and Gerard planned on letting Mikey get all the sleep he needed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Recs: 62
Readers: 251
Subscribers: 117
Comments: 208

You guys are awesome :)! Sorry if the story is going a bit slow. I promise, just a few more chapters and the happiness is gone :D!

Yay for making depression stories!!