Status: Every Friday

I'm Not Retarded, Just Unique

Better Than Ever

“So you are cool with this then?” Gerard asked Marie once the two settled down. Mikey was busy with Frank upstairs and it let the two adults talk alone.

“I am more than cool with it Gerard. I am very happy. I can't remember the last time Frank got this excited. He can barely sleep, you know. I hear him giggling in his room.” Marie laughed and a grin spread across Gerard's face.

“Ha, I'm happy. Mikey is pretty excited as well. He's already planning out what he wants at the party.” Gerard playfully rolled his eyes and Marie smiled softly at him.

“I'm more than willing to help you pay for Frank's party, Gerard. I know you are tight on cash and all. I'd hate to see you be stressed about this. I'll pay for anything you need, I insist.”

“We'll split the bill.” Gerard smiled and Marie smirked at the negotiation.

“We'll talk about this later Gerard. Frank has a therapy session to go to.” Marie noted as she glanced at the clock. Gerard nodded and got up, stretching his limbs out. He walked over to the steps and called out for Mikey.

“We are leaving, Mikes!”

“Mer!” He replied and Gerard just rolled his eyes. Marie took her tea cup to the kitchen and washed it out. Mikey jumped down the stairs with a smile on his face.

“All ready to go?” He asked and Mikey nodded.

“You need to say bye to Frank!” Mikey pushed Gerard a bit and he sighed.

“They have to go Mikey,” Gerard argued.

“Say bye,” the younger Way whined and Gerard groaned. He just shook his head as he made his way up the stairs and to Frank's door.

“Hey Fr-” Gerard cut himself off as he peered into the half open door. Frank sat on the bed looking down at a beautiful white guitar. Frank's fingers tapped against base and stroked the cords. He let out a small whimper as he poked a broken cord. Gerard bit his lip and slipped away from the doorway. He knocked on the door once he was out of sight and Gerard heard Frank let out a yelp. After a few thuds and shuffling Frank appeared in the doorway. Gerard smiled down at him and he return half of it.

“I just wanted to say goodbye before I left.” Gerard stated and Frank nodded.

“Bye Gerard, I see you, tomorrow? Yes?” He nodded and gave Frank a hug.

“Bye Frank,” Gerard waved as he descending the steps not noticing how the smile vanished off of Frank's face as soon as he looked away. Gerard turned to Mikey and told him to wait outside while he spoke to Marie.

“What is it, Gerard?”

“Do you know that Frank's guitar is broken?” Gerard whispered and Marie looked shocked.

“No! I didn't, is it?” Gerard nodded and Marie looked devastated. “Oh dear, we need to get that fixed immediately.” Gerard stopped Marie leaning in to tell her something quietly.

“He obviously too upset to tell you about it. It could have been broken for a while now. I want to fix it for his birthday. Do you think you can get you hands on it?” He smiled and Marie nodded.

“I should be able to.” Gerard grinned and took a step back.

“See you tomorrow.” Gerard stepped out of the house and when to his car. Mikey was buckled up in the back seat by the time he started the car up.

“You took a long time.” Mikey pointed out as Gerard shrugged his shoulders.

“Sorry, I had to talk to Marie about Frank's party.” Gerard said simply and Mikey grinned.

“I want Frank to be super duper special! Frank needs to be so happy!”

“He will be very happy Mikey. I'm sure you are Frank's best friend and you won't let him down.” Gerard stated and Mikey nodded.

“I'm in charge of party. You help me to make Frank happy. You want Frank happy ,yes?” Mikey asked and Gerard nodded.

“Of course I want Frank to be happy.”

“I like Frank.” Mikey said with a smile. “Frank makes me happy. Do you like Frank? Does Frank make you happy?”

“Frank makes me very happy, Mikey. Frank makes everyone happy.” Gerard said and Mikey nodded in agreement.

“He does! It's because he's so special. He's always happy. So, does Frank give you butterflies G?” The elder Way gnawed on his lip as soon as Mikey mentioned Frank in the 'butterfly' way.

“Er-uh-no.” Mikey hasn't grasped onto the homosexual world yet. He thinks everyone is suppose to love everything. It's a wonderful way of thinking but it is far from reality.

“Why? You get butterflies with Jamie and you get 'em with-uh...with Brian! I like Frank more than Brian. Brian smelt funny.” Mikey's nose scrunched up and brother Way let out a laugh.

“Brian was a pot head, Mikey. That's why he smelt bad. That's also why I dumped him.” Gerard pointed out.

“Frank doesn't smoke pot! Date Frank!” Gerard struggled to find the correct words to say to Mikey but couldn't think of a whole lot.

“Mikey-Fr....Mikey, you can't just date a person. You have to know them and be great friends with them.”

“You are friends with Frank. You know Frank. Marry Frank!” Gerard almost released the wheel as he tried to hide his beat red face.

“Mikey! I can't marry Frank! Really? No-we are done with this.” Gerard ended the conversation by turning on the radio. That however couldn't kept the heart racing images that flooded his head. He blamed Mikey for those.

xoxoxo

A few days had passed and with each passing day, everyone's mood got brighter. It was no doubt that it was all Frank's help. He would come into school or come home every day with a larger grin then before. Mikey and Gerard had been planning away at the party the Iero's home so Frank wouldn't have to carry his presents home.

Marie had gotten Gerard Frank's guitar the day before the party and the elder boy fixed it up with a few tweaks and a new cord. He tuned it perfectly and smile down at it. He may not be able to play a guitar, but he still knew a thing or two about them. Gerard placed Frank's white guitar into a brand new case before letting Mikey wrap it up. Mikey insisted on wrapping each of Frank's presents. He claim that Gerard sucked at it, and he did. Since Mikey was so anal about perfections, each present was wrapped wonderfully with a bow on top, place right in the middle. Mikey had even written a card (and forced Gerard to as well) to Frank. Gerard was kind enough to help his brother out with spelling and grammatical errors.

Today was the day though. Marie took Frank out of the house early that Saturday morning. Mikey and Gerard got to work as soon as they left. Mikey started blowing up orange, red, and black balloons. Gerard began hanging up streamers of the same color all around the house. The main party was going to be in the living room. Both boys maid sure that room was showered in decorations that Gerard made himself. Mummies, vampires, a werewolf, and even a Frankenstein creatures rested around the room. Paper Jack-O-lanterns, skull lights, and tombstones were taped onto the walls and windows. Grandma Iero made it very clear that Gerard was to stay far, far, FAR away from fake spiders and cobwebs and rats or any kind. Gerard didn't ask any questions.

Mikey seemed to be enjoying himself the most. He ran around the house, turning off unneeded lights and closing all the blinds that didn't have pictures on the window. In the far corner of the room a small pile of presents. Mikey had 'earned' enough money to buy Frank two gifts. Gerard also bought Frank a nice amount of presents.

The elder Way knew that right now Marie and Frank were out shopping. She would lead her grandson to the mall to shower him in gifts, before getting him something he always wanted. They had discussed the gift for years. And they finally decided to get Frank an amp for his guitar. Frank had finally begun to shy out of his little shell and Marie knew that inside, Frank would be thrilled to be able to play his guitar loudly.

By the time the Way's finished with the living room (only taping a few balloon onto the walls), Frank barged into the house.

“I got an amp!!!!” He screamed as he ran into the house. Marie had her arms full of stuff and Gerard rushed over to help her out. Frank ran around letting out another girlish squeal. “Granny look! Oh my god! Oh my god! He-he-” Frank jumped up and down and let out numerous screams and giggles.

“Wow, Gerard and Mikey. This is amazing.” The two Iero's gawked at the living room. The took in the hanging ghosts and spooky drawings and cutouts.

“Gerard made most of them!” Mikey piped in and Frank spun around looking amazed.

“You make this?” Frank gasped and Gerard just gave a shrug and a small smile. He felt bashful about displaying something he created. Drawings were so different from decorations. They would remain in his notebook for only him and maybe Mikey to see. This however, everyone could see. Someone could walk on by the window and stare in. It made Gerard feel so self conscious. These pieces were apart of him. He made these and he was so proud of them. If someone were to criticize them negatively, he'd feel like shit.

“I'm so happy!” Frank cried as he clung onto Gerard's waist. He buried his face in Gerard chest and cried his heart out. Marie and Gerard both knew that this was something over the top. Frank was just oozing happiness and sunshine. He had the biggest smile on his face but his eyes poured out endless tears.

\Frank pulled away from Gerard and looked around the room again. Everyone comforted Frank with hugs and little words until he calmed down.

“So Frank, what does the special birthday boy want to do first? Games? Presents? Cake?” Marie offered and Frank seemed to be overwhelmed.

“Presents!” Frank shouted and he ran over to the first presents he saw.

“Of course the presents,” Marie smile. She rolled her eyes playfully before helping Frank take off the wrapping of the first present. It was a medium sized gift that was soft and easy to mold.

“That ones mine!” Micheal declared as Frank opened it up. Frank was one of those people who made sure every pierce of tape was taken off before unwrapping the gift. It bothered Gerard a bit, but he was use to it because of Mikey. Frank let out a girlish squeal as he pulled out a rubber mask.

“Frankenstein!”

“Frankenstein!” Mikey repeated clapping his hands together. Frank put the mask on and made a loud groan sound. Mikey busted out in a fit of giggles. Frank joined in after he got the mask halfway off his face was showing but the mask covered his black hair.

“I like mask. Thank you Mikey,” Frank hugged Mikey before reaching out for the next present. “What is it?” Frank mumbled to himself as he poked at the soft gift. Carefully unwrapping the gift, Frank pulled out a hoodie. The jacket had the band name Misfits on it in light letters. The band's skeleton logo was covering the back on the hooded jacket.

“Misfits! I have Misfits CD!” Frank shouted as he looked up from the jacket.

“I have one too!” Mikey replied, equally as loud as Frank. “Gerard has all the CD's!”

“Wow!” Frank gawked before sliding on the jacket. “Who gave me gift?”

“Gerard!” Mikey pointed and Frank went over and hugged Gerard.

“Thank you, Gerard.” Frank said politely making Marie feel like she did a good job raising him.

Frank opened up three more presents. One was a large drawing of Batman and Superman Mikey insisted Gerard drew for Frank. Frank was squealing with Joy when he saw it and gave both Way's a big hug that seemed to never end. Another gift was a simple Pumpkin that Marie promised she'd let Frank make into a Jack-O-lantern. The last gift he opened was an iPod grandma Iero bought Frank. It wasn't an iPod touch or nano. It was a simple shuffle that was large enough for Frank to take care of. Marie was a bit skeptical about buying Frank a nice iPod. She knew very well that Frank wouldn't break it. She was worried about that fact that if he did wash it or break it, Frank would never forgive himself.

There was a loud knock on the door that made Frank jump up. Gerard had ordered pizza a while ago and Marie allowed Frank to answer to door to let the pizza man in.

“Pizza!” Frank announced as he unlocked the door and swung it up. He stuck his hands out smiling at the person on the other end but it wasn't the pizza man. Frank's arms dropped to his side and his smile disappeared.

“Happy Birthday, Frankie.” The woman smiled and Frank just stared. Time froze and Frank was unable to function properly. His mind blanked out and his bottom lip began to tremble as he forced his words out.

“M-Mom?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Recs: 66
Readers: 264
Subscribers: 124
Comments: 210

I just realized how awkward the ending of the last chapter was. Like...the fuck?

Anyways, I start fall break today! So I got a whole week off to write. Yay!

Anyone expecting this to happen? Anyone wanna try to think about what will happen?