Status: Every Friday

I'm Not Retarded, Just Unique

It All Comes Out

“How's Gerard, Mikey?” Doctor Toro asked. Their session was nearing its ends, and he always brought up Gerard at the end. It calmed Micheal down and allowed the stress from the past hours to fade away.

“He's, no okay. He-his book, for the-uh- school, is late. Mail guy not-wnot-won't give it.” Mikey answered with a frown.

“Oh, it will comes. Books take a bit longer depending on where it came from.” The doctor told Mikey, trying to reassure him.

“It came from Oregon!” Mikey announced, “I've never been.”

“I haven't been either, but I enjoy New Jersey. Do you like it?”

“Sometimes, it's to cold.” Mikey said with a bit of a frown. “But,the-the uh...flowers are pretty. They smelled good.” Mikey smiles and Doctor Toro takes one last look at the clock before closing his notepad up.

“Alright Mikey, your times up. You can go see Gerard now.” Mikey smiled and fled the room to find Gerard sitting in the waiting room for him. “Gerard, may I have a word, for a few moments?” He nodded and sat Micheal down before entering the office.

Gerard goes in ever meeting to get a recap of what Micheal had said to Ray. Sometimes he has to explain things, and other times Mikey just doesn't understand what's happening. It also helps Gerard see Mikey progress and what bothers him currently.

“He seemed pretty normal this week. He had spoken about Frank again, his concern for him. But other than that, it was a normal visit. Is everything alright at home?” Ray looked over his notes to double check his words before glancing up at Gerard.

“Yea, better than normal actually. Mom was home the entire week so they bonded.”

“He mentioned that, yea.”

“But, uh-yea, are we all okay then?” They exchanged a goodbye and the two brothers returned home. Mikey was spending the night with Gerard for the weekend. He set up a movie for Mikey, while he finished some homework.

He was far behind in his schooling. His damn book finally came in and his professors were about done with his excuses. He had until midnight to finish five assignments. Three of them needed and essay, while the other two required a short (long) answer. On top of that, he had to go in for work. It was 5:18 and he had six hours to complete this work.

Needless to say, he really didn't want this call from Frank.

“Hello?” Gerard asked into the phone, rather rudely.

“G-Gerard? Hello? It-it's Frank...”

Gerard felt only slightly bad about his rude tone, but he had just barely managed to get two assignments done and it was already seven.

“Yea, Frank? What do you need?” Gerard asked him, his voice sounding more friendly.

“Can...Um-...can I h-have the sleep over?”

Gerard had to bit his tongue from groaning out loud at the words. No, he couldn't have Frank sleepover. No fucking way, he was too busy.

“Oh-uh, sorry Frank, but not today. It's a really busy day, maybe tomorrow or something.” Gerard told him, his voice sounding only nice even if his head was just about to explode.

“Oh! Oh...oh-uh...uh-okay...later then...um-bye.”

Frank hung up immediately and Gerard was too stressed to honestly care. He closed his phone and began starting his second essay.

“Gerard, I'm hungry!” Mikey whined, banging on the door.

“Jesus fucking Christ!!! One god damn day out of the fucking year and I can't even fucking get that!” Gerard shouted slamming his computer closed and launching his book across the room. He was too stressed, far too fucking stressed. Mikey clung to the door frame, eyes wide and scared, tears threatening to fall.

“I'm sorry,” Mikey cried.

“Oh no, Mikey, not you. Fuck-I'm sorry!” Gerard rushed over to his brother who was crying on the floor. Gerard felt like a dick. He tried to get Mikey to stand up, and even debated calling his mother, but he just couldn't. He had to fix his own mess.

“Mikey, do you want some cake? Or maybe some candy? We could go downstairs and watch Batman!” Gerard tried but Mikey still sobbed and Gerard just ran his hand through his hair. “Want me to call Mom or Pete?” Mikey just sniffed, lightening up on his crying.

“I-I want...bed-d.” Mikey mumbled, rubbing at his face.

“Okay, go brush your teeth and get in your jammies, I'll be in to tuck you in. I'll call Pete too, before I go to work.” Mikey just nodded and scurried off.

Gerard entered his room and closed the door. He let out a sign as he slid down the door with a frown. Maybe he should just quit school, he can't handle it with Mikey. He just can't. He should be working more, saving the money for something else. He needed to call his mother.

Retrieving his phone, he dialed her mother and waited.

“Gerard?”

“Hey mom.”

“Is everything alright? Is Mikey okay?”

“Yea, he's good. I just...I think I should quit college.”

“Oh Gerard, why? What happened?”

“It's just so stressful, Mom. Honestly, what am I going to do in the future? I have to always watch Mikey until we get him into a home. God knows how long that'll take. This degree...it's just wasted money.”

“I know it seems that way Gerard but-...God,you wanted this for so long. Are you sure? I know Mikey is a bit of a stump right now, but you know I can always get your father to start helping out. He already wants to. I'd just hate for you to give this up.”

“You can ask dad for anything. I'm sure you can quit a job with his help. But, I think it's just better this way. I'll send a letter in tomorrow. I have to go to work soon though, will I drop Mikey off tomorrow?”

“Yea, send him over tomorrow. I love you, Gerard.”

“Love you too, mom. I'll see you tomorrow.”
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm getting better. More updates to come, hopefully next week.