Status: Every Friday

I'm Not Retarded, Just Unique

Nothing Like A Mother's Love

That Saturday morning, Gerard woke Mikey up at nine so they could go home. The drive to their mother's home was only twenty minuets. Gerard let Mikey take his time getting ready to leave. They got into the car at ten after Gerard did a double check of the apartment. The car ride was spend with Gerard yawning every now and then, and Mikey sleeping soundly. Some random song was on the radio, turned down very low so it was just background noise.

“Mikey, get up bro. We are here,” Gerard said. He nudged Mikey and the boy grunted and whined. It took ten minuets to get Mikey out of the car and into the house. Gerard's mother was at the door smiling at the both of them. Mikey dragged himself up the stairs and into his own bedroom.

“He's tired,” Gerard told his mother. She nodded, understanding her own son. She smiled at Gerard and offered him a cup of coffee once he finish bringing Mikey's bag in.

“How was he?” Donna asked Gerard once the two got situated at the dinning room table, cups of coffee in both of their hands.

“He was pretty okay. He only had one freak out at school. But, his new friend helped him out.” Donna nearly choked on coffee.

“New friend?”

“Yea! His name is Frank and he is mentally unwell like Mikey. They don't have the same issues, but they work well together. Mikey and Frank are both in the same speech class so its easy for one another to talk to each other. The only issue is that, Mikey forgets he talks too fast and Frank can't understand him.” Gerard told her, remembering the day. The two were both at school and Mikey was rambling away at some topic or another, and Frank just stared at him looking like he was about to have a panic attack.

“Wow,” the mother said, clearly shocked.

“The two even had a play date yesterday!” Gerard said and Donna was beyond shocked. She was blown away by these boys.

“Mikey had a play date?”

“Yea, I'm sure Mikey will want Frank over again someday. I hope you get to meet him, he is such a sweetheart. His caretaker, Marie, she is very nice and raised Frank well. The boy is so adorable, he makes kittens and puppies look like toads.”

“Well, I must meet this boy! I'll go into school with Mikey maybe,” Donna mumbled and Gerard shook his head.

“Mikey will have him over. I don't want you to pressure Mikey into showing off his new friend. Frank might not be comfortable with it. Plus, from what Mikey and Marie said, Frank doesn't have parents. I'm not too sure how he wold react with you around. He may act like Mikey does with dad.” Donna bit her lip and shook her head.

“Your right, but I must meet Marie at least. I'd love to see how she handles everything. Does Frank act like Mikey? With his anger episodes and all?” Donna was quite curious about this boy and his legal guardian. She wondered how the woman dealt with the boy.

“No, Frank can't express himself with anger, only tears.”

“Ah, I see,” Donna mumbled. “Well, enough babbling about the boys.” Donna smiled flipping her bleach blonde hair out of her muddy eyes. “How have you been Gerard?”

“I've been fine. My classes have died down a bit, but college is running smoothly. My boss has been a real dick though.” Gerard said and Donna pursed her lips.

“You know, I never liked your job.”

No one liked Gerard's job. Gerard worked at a club. Well, it was a club or bar during the day. But at night, it was a strip club. Gerard didn't work as a stripper. He just sat behind the bar and looked at the floor. Gerard swore, he'd never seen so many naked men and woman in his life. He is so awkward about it too. The strippers will come up and ask for a beer, butt naked, on their break and Gerard will just stare ahead getting the drink. Most people will stare at there junk or toned bodies, but not Gerard. Gerard is too frigid and polite to stare directly at one man's dick. Regardless of the fact that it is swinging free. Gerard learned by watching the others that if you stare at the strippers, you are inviting them in. It creeps Gerard out knowing that if he just were to glance at some guys junk, they would instantly think that Gerard wanted a good buttfuck.

“Why is he being a dick?” The mother pressed and Gerard cringed a bit.

“Apparently, people have been asking him about the 'hot-piece-of-ass-behind-the-bar'. He asked me if I could just do one show and I'd get triple the amount of money I get behind the bar.”

“You said no, right?” Donna's voice was serious. She wasn't going to except no for an answer.

“Yes, I said no. I told him I was to uncomfortable with it. He wasn't too happy about that, but excepted it.”

“I really think you could get a better job, Gerard. I know you are a young and charming young man, but a club is not where you can be.” Donna told Gerard who just shrugged his shoulders.

“I can't be or do anything else with Mikey around.” Gerard stared at his mother who knew Gerard was right. Gerard had a decent paying job. Without his college diploma, he couldn't do a whole lot. Working at the club was a hell of a lot better than working at that McDonald's across the street. It was closer and Mikey would have gotten a kids meal everyday (which he only really gets because of the toy), but it's unreasonable.

“We could always try to get you into SVA. We could hire a sitter for Mikey,” Donna said. She knew it would never work out, but she could try.

“You know what happened to the last one. She was about to sue us. Mikey doesn't like anyone he's not comfortable with.” Mikey had bitten and pulled a chunk of hair out of his old sitters hair. Mikey apparently wanted to color but it was his bed time. He refused to except it saying that he could do what he wanted.

“Gerard, I just don't want you to be unhappy with this online college thing. I know you say you aren't sad, but you clearly are. I will try again for you to try to get a successful future. I know Mikey is a handful, but maybe we could get him and Don to bond more. That would make it a lot easier for you and I.” Donna pressed on, placing her acrylic nailed hand over Gerard's.

“Yea maybe,” Gerard sighed knowing it was pointless arguing with is mother. “Look, I have to go back home. I'll pick up Mikey after school and bring him hear on Monday, alright?”

“Okay Gerard, I love you . Have a safe trip,” Donna and Gerard hugged and the mother kissed the sons cheek lovingly. The stench of smoke came off both of their leather jackets causing the mother and son to let out a small laugh.

“Love you too,” Gerard said before leaving. Donna watched the car drive away before she pulled away a sighed.

She hated knowing both of her son's lives were ruined. She loved both of her children more than anything in the whole world. With Mikey being such a handful, there was only so far that Gerard could go in his life goal path. He'd probably end up working in an office or becoming a teacher. The thought of Gerard being stuck in some dull cubical made Donna's stomach turn. Gerard deserved so much better than an office job. Gerard had artistic talent, Gerard had a future. Mikey however, put a glass ceiling above Gerard's head. Gerard could only stare up at his goals but never reach them.

Donna just shook her thoughts away. Thinking about what could have been done wouldn't do anything. The mother of two, sat on the living room couch with a nice book waiting for her son to wake up and start his day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey everyone! Sorry for the grammar mistakes, I'll fix that later. I have people over xP

Recs: 26Readers: 126Subscribers: 66Comments: 43

I just now realized how short this way. X_X Ugh...I'm sorry!!!!

*Fixed* Alright everybody, I'm excited for this story. I am currently writing chapter 20 and I still have a burning passion for it. I have no idea how this story will end, but I do know that there will be a lot of bumps on the way.