Folie à Deux

Tiffany Blews

Oh baby, you’re a classic, like a little black dress.

For the first time in their whole tumultuous relationship, things were looking up for once. Pete and Mia were practically a normal couple, which was entirely new to them.

Mia smiled and Pete grinned, all teeth, just how she liked it. When Pete came home late from work, she didn’t get angry and didn’t feel any jealousy.

Mia was grateful she hadn’t finished that bottle of pain killers, because she couldn’t imagine leaving Pete forever. He was everything to her, and she knew she meant the world to him.

I can make your heart slow.

Mia had been waiting for Pete to come home and when she heard the key in the lock of their apartment, she moved swiftly to the door ready to greet him.

Pete kissed her the second he had the door shut, pinning her to the nearest wall with his body flush against hers. She gasped when his mouth moved to her neck, nipping and kissing. They hadn’t done much since getting back together, and this feeling of Pete against her made Mia shiver in anticipation.

Her brain was buzzing as Pete pulled her to the bedroom, the familiarity of it all making her head spin. She loved it. She loved the feeling of Pete’s skin against her own, the way his hands explored every inch of her body, and the way they fell into a rhythm that worked well for them.

But while it was all familiar, it was different too. Normally they were rough, biting, fingernails digging into each other’s flesh. This time, Pete was making love to her. Treating her with care, kissing her as he moved gently within her, eyes connecting as their hot breath hit each other’s face.

She kissed him softly when they were done.

“I love you,” she whispered and he smiled at her. They were words that hadn’t been spoken to each other in a while and he happily returned them.

They only want the best wishes for me.
♠ ♠ ♠
I have the next chapter started, but it's not finished. It shouldn't take me long to update though. Just trying to figure out where I want things to go since I have to start wrapping this up.

Thanks for commenting!

~Sally