Folie à Deux

w.a.m.s.

I’m trying to trick myself to fall asleep again.

Mia contemplated love; it was a strange thing. When she really thought about it, she couldn’t figure out why exactly she had taken Pete back. The only thing that seemed clear was that she loved him and that she wasn’t sure she could be without him.

Though her sister didn’t say so, Mia knew that Zoe didn’t approve of the fact that she was back with Pete. Some of their friends were curious, said Pete was lucky that Mia had taken him back.

But Mia had hope, hope that things would work out, that nothing would go wrong and that things for them would only get better.

You put my head in such a flurry.

Pete returned to the apartment, smelling like alcohol for the first time since she had moved back in with him. Mia watched him carefully from the living room as he moved around the apartment before he finally looked at her. He smiled, and she tried to smile back… but she couldn’t help but worry that maybe he had cheated on her again.

Mia wanted to trust him so badly, but how do you build trust for someone you had never trusted from the beginning? How do you trust someone who had given you at least one reason not to trust them?

She was worried they were going to fall back into their old cycle, worried that familiar bruises and insecurities would resurface.

Oh freckle, freckle, what makes you so special?

Pete nuzzled his face against Mia’s neck when he sat down next to her on the couch. He had been drinking with a few friends, but he could sense that Mia was tense. He sighed and leaned back against the couch. She watched him carefully.

Something in her eyes looked hesitant, accusatory. She surveyed him closely, looking for some hint of infidelity. Mia’s eyes met his, and her eyes were back to normal, looking at him with adoration, with love.

“You love me?” she questioned. Pete’s hand cupped the back of her neck, her soft hair entwined around his fingers.

“With all that I have left,” he whispered. She leaned forward and kissed him, thinking that maybe, just maybe, everything would be okay from here on out.

My head’s in heaven, my soles are in hell.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait! Only 2 chapters left... which I still have to write. ::tehe:

Hope you all like the new background; changed it a little while ago.

Anyways, comments are always appreciated! Thanks to those who commented after the last update.

~Sally