I'm Leaving.

Good-bye

"I'm leaving."

Duff struggled to lift his head from its spot on the table, his blonde mop of hair surrounded by empty bottles.

"What?" He asked, blinking slowly and wiping away drool that had begun to leak from his mouth and slide down his chin as he looked upon one of his oldest and closest friends.

He had met Shea in preschool and they had been friends all through school. They lost touch for a number of years before being reunited soon after Guns was signed to Geffen, it wasn't long before she was working for them and she had been there ever since.

"I'm leaving." Shea repeated, feeling her stomach roll with anxiety as she took in the mess that he had become. "I can't....I can't do this anymore. I already told Axl I quit. Well...I left a note."

"Why?" He managed to ask, after some stuttering.

He knew she had been having a very difficult time since Izzy had left. He was the only sober one of the group and she went to him to seek shelter from watching her other friends destroy themselves. Since he had left she had joined them in the destruction, drinking herself to sleep every night.

"It's not the same anymore Duff. It hasn't been since Steven..." She trailed off, staring at the wall. "It's just not the same. If I don't get out of here I'll end up dead."

Shea walked over to him, resting a hand on his back

"And I'm afraid the same is going to happen to you and Slash if you don't get out."

Duff attempted to say 'I'm fine' But what came from his mouth was an incoherent moan.

She sighed and wrapped her arms around his shoulders, squeezing him tightly.

"Please don't kill yourself." She whispered before turning on her heel and walking from the room without looking back again.

Duff sat for a moment, staring at the empty doorway, his stomach twisted and his heart broke as the last piece of normality in his life walked away. He considered chasing after her, but knew that in his state he could barely make it to the other side of the room.

With a shaking hand he picked up the bottle of vodka that sat before him and threw his head back, gulping down the contents without feeling even the slightest sting, before thumping his head back onto the table where it had been before Shea had come in and enjoyed the feeling of his head spinning as he lost consciousness.