Status: Active :)

Fairy Tale Nonsense

The Tree Who Longed to Wander

Once upon a time there was a tree who wanted nothing more than to walk the earth. Sadly, though, he was rooted to the ground and he cried tears of sorrow in the form of sap on unsuspecting passerby's . One day a gnome came along and wonder why, of all the trees in the great forest, was this one dripping sap?

"Hello there!" He called out "Why do you drip sap, if you don't mind my asking?"

The tree sniffled a bit.

"It's because I cannot walk the earth and wander about like all those who aren't rooted to the ground. I hear tales of wonder and adventure! I long to experience their freedom! But, because I cannot, I weep these sad tears."

The gnome thought for a moment. How in the world could he help this poor being. "My dear tree! You are needed here, among the forest! No other tree of bush can compare to your beauty. You are so mighty and great, no other could ever begin to challenge your greatness. To want to wander away from all that admire you... That'd be absurd!" He smiled with the hope that his kind words would be enough to bring cheer.

"Though the words you speak are kind, I long to share my beauty, to find greater, I long to wander."

Suddenly, after hearing of the tree's sadness, a kind Wizard appeared and approached the two.

"Oh, mighty tree! What would you give to wander about?" She called.

"I would give a thousand years of snow if I could!" The tree replied.

With that, the Wizard raised her wand and transformed the tree into a large white bird. Snow gently fell as the beautiful bird spread its wide wings and lowered itself to the ground. Its piercing blue eyes were wide with shock and amazement.

"Great heavens!" The gnome said with awe "What have you done?"

The wizard nodded her head with a soft smile and said, "I have given the tree freedom in return for a thousand years of snow. Now, go, go and explore the world, watch it change with time, and let winter flow by the grace of your wings. Take flight!"

The bird slowly extended its wings and little by little raised itself off the ground. "Thank you." Were the last words that were spoken as it happily flew away, snow falling with every flap of its wings.

The End.
♠ ♠ ♠
Here's the first! Comment if you can! :D