Status: On A Hiatus

World Around Me

Stop Lying To Me

“Sarah attacked me so Tyler pushed her away which is when she tripped and hit her head on the desk, they were both compelled by Katherine. That’s why I covered for Tyler and said it was an accident” I explained to Damon and Isria as I walked around my bedroom as I got ready for school which I wasn’t looking forward to; Isria told me last night that Katherine was now stuck inside the tomb where she belonged.

“Yeah I don’t understand that, the guy is a tool and he hasn’t exactly been the nicest to any of us here” Damon said to me as he sat down on my bed while I placed text books into my bag that I would need for the day; I rolled my eyes because I knew what Tyler could be like but that didn’t mean that he deserved this.

“Tyler getting blamed for Sarah death just opens up questions that he can’t answer, do you really want him to tell his Mom he’s a werewolf? That werewolf road leads straight to Vampire Boulevard” I told my oldest brother as I zipped my bag closed and turned around to face them; deep down I knew I shouldn’t go anywhere near Tyler now but that meant making him go through this alone.

“She was thinking fast on her feet Damon, so can he turn into a wolf now?” Isria asked us but we were all pretty clueless as to what will happen now although we have read stories about werewolves; we weren’t going into this totally blind but I’d feel better if we knew more about this.

“Only on a full moon but now he has increased strength and who knows what else, I wonder how much Mason told him. Does he know about us? Isabella?” Damon said looking straight at me while I cast my eyes down to the ground but I could still feel his eyes burning into me; whenever my brothers use my full name I know they mean business.

“I don’t think so… I don’t think he knows much of anything. He seemed really freaked out, and honestly I felt kind of bad for him” I said softly as I moved my eyes back up to see Damon rub his temples with his fingers; neither Damon or Stefan could get angry with me and if they did then it would never last long.

“He can’t know about us Bella, a bite from a werewolf can kill a vampire so you can’t be his friend. Do you understand me?” Damon told me as I tried to walk out of my bedroom but I was stopped by my big brother; if I didn’t agree with him then he’d never let me leave his sight so I nodded and told him that I wouldn’t go near Tyler.

****************


I was walking across the front lawn of the Mystic Falls High School after I had spoken with Stefan who was worried sick because someone kidnapped Elena last night; no one had a clue as to where she was or who she was with so I was busy thinking which made me not see Tyler playing on the basketball court with some of his jock friends.

“Bella! Tell me how your wound healed so quickly last night, and don’t bother lying to me” Tyler asked me once he had walked over to me as I crossed the student car park as I tried to reach the school before he found me; I had been avoiding him all day which was working out well until right now.

“Look, Tyler… I think that you misunderstood me at the party. I get it, it was very traumatic but I have to be somewhere” I told him simply as I went to walk past him but he wasn’t finished with me just yet; I felt him grab onto my arm before he pulled me back in front of him so I pulled my arm from his grip then I twisted his arm around before I shoved him away from me.

“How did you do that? You’re stronger than me? Please Bella, if you know something you have to tell me because I can’t handle this” Tyler said to me once he had stood up from the ground and looked at me in shock; I might be the nicest Salvatore but I could still have a temper when someone pushed my buttons enough times.

“I’m sorry Tyler, but I think that you’re still in shock over Sarah dying and it’s understandable” I said to him as I walked past him this time without him stopping him but I didn’t get very far until I heard metal falling in on itself; I looked back only to see that Tyler had kicked a garage bin but with his new improve strength he accidently made the bin fly into a nearby car.

I started walking again and headed around the school building to the back car park that was pretty much empty apart from Damon’s car; he and Stefan were going on a road trip to save Elena so they were both getting Alaric’s weapons ready to be used on whoever had Elena.

“Don’t even think about getting in the car Bella, you’re staying here this time. You’ve been kidnapped and hurt too much already, we’re not risking that happening again” Stefan told me as he closed the back door of Damon’s car which I had just opened so I could climb in; I looked at my brother rather blankly as I processed what he had said to me.

“What? You need all the help you can get Stefan, you don’t know who has Elena or how many there are with her” I said placing my hands on my hips as I didn’t agree with me staying home when my brothers could be walking into a trap; if we knew more about the situation then maybe I would stay back but we had no information at all.

“I agree with Stefan on this one Bella, it’s safer for you to be here. Isria will be with Jeremy and Bonnie, we need you to be at the house. We’ll be just fine” Damon reassured me as he placed a kiss onto the top of my head before Stefan closed the boot of the car and kissed the side of my head; I just stood there silently as I watched my brothers drive away from me.

I took my time going home as I hated having to sit around and wait for my brothers to come home or to get a phone call from them saying they were safe; this happened when Father tried to make Damon go off to war and I’d wait every single day until he came back because the army wasn’t for him.

“What are you going here?” I asked Tyler after I had walked into the house but I could sense someone else was inside with me; he had been hiding and appeared behind me as I walked cautiously further into the house while keeping my guard up at the same time.

“I know” Tyler told me simply which I didn’t understand at first because there was no way he’d know about vampires yet; his Uncle Mason wouldn’t have told him and not that many people knew so he was obviously talking about something else.

“Breaking and entering a house, wow that’s going to look great for the Mayor’s son” I said to him as I tried to stall as long as I could before I had to either tell him about what I was or I’d have to lie to him; if I lied to him then he’d see straight through me because I was a horrible liar and I couldn’t look at him and lie.

“Go ahead. Keep dodging, keep changing the subject but I know. You’re just like me, aren’t you? I saw how strong you were, I’m not leaving here until you tell me the truth. You’re a werewolf, say it” Tyler said looking at me like he had worked out a great mystery about me but there was no way I could let me believe that I was a werewolf; that would just led to more problems for me in the future.

“What? Tyler…” I said laughing as I couldn’t help myself and I knew that I shouldn’t have laughed because he truly thought that we were the same; I stopped laughing the instant that Tyler pushed me backwards against a wall and frowned at me.

“Stop lying to me Bella! Say it!” Tyler raised his voice at me and I could see that he now had the werewolf temper but he wasn’t the only one with a temper; I got my temper from Damon and our Father so when Tyler hit the wall beside my head hard enough to cause a picture to fall to the ground and break I reacted.

I looked at him as I pushed him backwards across the foyer until he was against the wall but my strength isn’t what scared him; he was scared of me because I let my face turn while I bared my fangs at him to prove that I wasn’t a werewolf.

“I’m not a werewolf, okay?” I told him as I let him go while my face turned back to normal and I knew I shouldn’t have gone overboard with him or even let him see that I was a vampire; but it felt like the right thing to do because I didn’t want him to be alone in this.

****************


“You know, this sounds crazy but alcohol helps or at least it helps me. You know, with all that inside jittery stuff” I said as I sat down on the couch in the living room beside Tyler as I filled two glasses with whatever alcohol that my brothers had left out; I handed him a glass while I sipped mine and I wondered if it’d now take him longer to feel the effects of alcohol.

“I’m hot, it feels like my skin is always on fire” Tyler explained to me as he took the glass from me and he let our fingers touch as we looked into each other’s eyes; I slowly moved my hand away from him but I kept my eyes focused on his because I wanted to know more about werewolves.

“Really? I never had any of that, I guess wolves are different. At the beginning I was very emotional, everything got heightened” I said to him remembering back when I was first going through my transformation and how I felt; I imagined that our transformations were going to be different because Tyler was going to physically change into a wolf.

“Yeah I have that, I still can’t believe this. How can you be a vampire? Who else is like you?” Tyler asked as he sipped his drink while keeping his eyes focused on mine; I let my eyes fall down to look at my lap for a second before I looked back at him because I couldn’t tell him everything.

“How can you be a werewolf? It’s just me really, it’s a long story that we can share another time. How many other werewolves are there?” I said to him but I knew that he had already figured out that my brothers and most likely Isria was a vampire as well; I just wasn’t ready to tell him that because I know my brothers didn’t want him to know about us.

“It’s just me and my Uncle Mason, but he left town” Tyler said shrugging his shoulders slightly as he placed the empty glass down on the coffee table; I placed my glass down beside his as I fought back the urge to tell him what really happened to his Uncle.

“Look Tyler… you can’t tell anyone okay? Not about you, not about me. No one will understand and if people knew, then they would kill us” I told him to make sure that he fully understood that he wasn’t allowed to mention this to anyone or do something to make people look into us more; but it was clear that Tyler wasn’t going to say anything as he was still getting his head around all of this.

“I have no one else to tell, I’m sorry about earlier. It’s just I’m alone with this, it’s going to happen to me. On the next full moon, I’m going to turn and I won’t be able to stop it. I’m scared Bella” Tyler said to me his voice getting softer as he looked at me and I could see in his eyes that he was scared; I wrapped my arms around him to comfort him as much as I could because I didn’t know what to say.
♠ ♠ ♠
Isabella's Outfit

Please Comment!