Status: On A Hiatus

World Around Me

The Truth

“You do know that hiding out in my bedroom isn’t going to make all of this go away Bella, Stefan is safer in the basement where he can’t get out and he can’t hurt people” Damon said to me as we both laid on his king sized bed and I knew that he was right; Elena and Damon had locked Stefan in a cell in the basement last night after the Miss Mystic Falls Pageant but there was vervain growing in there as well.

“It was working until you had the urge to talk to me, we should have been there for him Damon. We knew something was wrong and yet we didn’t do anything to help him” I said to my older brother as I laid on my back while he was laying on his side so he could look at me; I hadn’t been out of the house all morning because I wanted to be here in case Stefan needed me although I hadn’t been down to see him.

“We did what we could Bella, Stefan wasn’t making it easy for us to help him. And don’t even think about blaming yourself for this, it’s not your fault” Damon reassured me the best that he could but I wasn’t feeling very reassured at the moment; I wanted so badly to go into the basement to see my brother but I couldn’t because I hated seeing him like this but Damon also refused to let me as I would most likely get Stefan out of the cell.

I opened my mouth to talk but Damon interrupted me when he flew up off the bed as he walked closer to the bedroom door as we heard Isria and someone else walking up the staircase; it wasn’t Elena as the footsteps were louder and heavier so it was obviously a guy but there weren’t that many humans who came upstairs.

“Sorry to interrupt guys but Tyler is here to see Bella” Isria said after she knocked on the bedroom door causing Damon to open it which revealed Isria standing there with Tyler behind her; I sat up before I scooted backwards so my back was pressed against the bed’s headboard but I was amazed that he had come over just to see me.

“Right we’ll leave you two alone but this door stayed open at all times, I’ll be downstairs if you need me Bella” Damon said to me as he stepped aside to let Tyler walk into his bedroom which I knew he wasn’t very pleased about but he’d just have to deal with that; Isria took Damon’s arm to lead him down into the living room which left me alone with Tyler.

“I’m sorry to just come over but I wanted to see if you were alright, I tried calling but I got voice mail every time” Tyler explained to me as he walked towards the bed but his eyes were darting around Damon’s room as he took everything in; to humans our house was very old fashioned and quite over the top if they weren’t used to living like this but my brothers and I were.

“No that’s fine but I turned my phone onto silent, I just wanted some peace and quiet really. I didn’t mean to make you worry about me” I said to him softly as he finally took a seat on the end of the bed which I knew wouldn’t thrill Damon in the least; I liked the fact that Tyler was brave enough to venture into the Salvatore house but I didn’t like his timing.

“Oh no that’s cool, I’m bothering you aren’t I? Well that was a good move on my part” Tyler said as he looked away from me as he stood up from the bed; I knew that he was embarrassed about coming over without calling ahead of time or making sure why I had turned my phone off which in turn made me feel bad.

“No Tyler it’s sweet that you came over to check on me, it’s just that I’m having some family dramas right now and I don’t want you or anyone else to get in the middle of that” I explained to him rather quickly as I too climbed off of the bed because half of me wanted him to run away from here but I also wanted him to stay; I didn’t want to make him leave as I’d have to explain that to him later so I decided to tell him a slight part of the truth.

“You don’t have to explain to me Bella, I understand completely. When things calm down then feel free to give me a call, I’ll see you later” Tyler said to me as he gave me a reassuring smile as he walked out of Damon room while I followed him; we said our goodbyes before he walked out of the front door and I could feel Damon watching us with Isria standing beside him.

“Don’t say a thing Damon” I told him short and sweet as I walked into the large old fashioned living room and sat down on the dark burgundy leather upholstered couch; he always had some quick witted remark which he loved to share with us but I just wasn’t in the mood to deal with anything right now.

I spent the next hour or so sitting on the couch reading a thick old novel that I had read before but I still loved it while Damon went out and Isria took over watching Stefan to give Elena a break; which is when I felt her sit down on the couch beside me so I closed my book before setting it down on the coffee table in front of me.

“I don’t mean to intrude but would you be able to tell me what happened back then, I already figured out that Damon turned you” Elena asked me which I was fine about as I hadn’t talked to her about how I was turned into a vampire; I could see why she thought it would have been Damon but she didn’t know my brothers back then.

“It wasn’t Damon who turned me Elena, we were all very different back then especially my brothers. I was turned into a vampire by Stefan, he couldn’t bare to lose me while Damon wanted me to stay human” I said to her as I watched the shock form on her face as she tried to get in what I had told her; I knew she thought Stefan was this innocent guy who was trying to be good but he wasn’t always like that.

Flashback To 1864

”You killed your sons father, why would you do that? We could have sat down with them and make them better” I said to my father Giuseppe Salvatore as we stood in the foyer of our large mansion as he had come back from rounding up all the vampires in Mystic Falls; it was night time so I was wearing a plain light blue long nightgown but I was too heartbroken to sleep.

“I did what I had to do Isabella, now go back to your room. Jonathon Gilbert will be arriving shortly and we will need privacy” Giuseppe said to me firmly as the tears ran down my cheeks with no signs of stopping anytime soon as my world was crashing down around me; I turned around before I ran back up the stairs and into my bedroom where I laid on my bed so I could bury my face into my pillow to muffle my cries and screams.

I wasn’t sure how long I had been crying for but I do remember that Mr Gilbert had come and gone so I made my way downstairs again; I heard my father in his office so I walked into the room so I could know exactly what had happened earlier tonight, he was standing in front of his desk placing a gun back into a wooden box.

“Is that the gun that you used to kill your sons? Use it now Father, on me so you can kill all of your children” I said to him rudely as I ran over to him and snatched the gun from out of the wooden box before he had the change to close the lid; I held the heavy medium sized gun in my hand that was shaking ever so slightly as I wasn’t thinking straight.

“Isabella hand that back to me now or one of us will end up hurt, your brothers were working with the vampires so I had to kill them” Giuseppe told me as he held his hand out in front of him as he expected me to just hand the gun back over to him but he was wrong this time; when I refused to do what he wanted he took things into his own hands as he leaned forward quickly as he tried to take the gun off me.

“Now Damon and I will know the truth about what happened tonight Father, everyone will know” I heard Stefan’s voice sound from behind me but that couldn’t be correct because he and Damon were dead; but the look of horror on our father’s face told me that Stefan really was standing in the room with us somehow.

“Dear God…” Giuseppe said as I stopped struggling with him as he had taken the gun from my hands but we were still standing close together; it all happened within seconds as I heard a loud piercing explosion fill the room before I felt an object hit my stomach as it tore past my skin and flesh causing excruciating pain to fill my body in a split second.

“Bella! Bella no! Father…” Stefan cried out in hurt and pain as I stumbled backwards before I fell into his arms while he slowly lowered us both down onto the hard wooden floor; my hands were placed over the bullet wound that my deep red blood was flowing out of which covered my hands and my nightgown.

“That was an accident, this was not supposed to happen” Giuseppe said as the gun fell from his hands and landed on the floor with a thud; our father then pulled out a stake from his desk and attempted to stab Stefan but he was thrown against the wall which cause the stake to impale him.

I watched Stefan remove the stake from our father's chest through blurry eyes as my breathing became slower; I saw my older brother lick his fingers which had our father’s blood coating them which caused his eyes to transform and turn red.

“Bella I am sorry about this but I’ll make the pain stop, I promise you that” Stefan told me as he knelt down beside me while he made a cut on his hand which started to bleed; I tried to struggle against him the best that I could as I became weaker but he kept his hand over my mouth so his blood flowed down my throat.

I looked up at Stefan once he had removed his hand of my mouth and I knew that I was about to die but I was confused as to why Stefan made me drink his blood; I didn’t even know that vampires truly existed before tonight when our father told me about how they were all going to die.

I closed my eyes as I felt Stefan hold my hand in his gently as I took my last final breath before my body and organs shut down; I had died that night along with my father and my two older brothers but I wasn’t dead for long as I woke up in the Quarry when the sunlight hit my eyes, the bullet wound was healed and I had a blue stoned necklace around my neck as I had turned into a vampire.
♠ ♠ ♠
Bella's Outfit

Please Comment!