Status: In progress

Only Baby Scars

I'm a walking travesty

" So Adrian, How are you feeling?" She slowly took off her 80's styled glasses and stared up at me from her notebook.
"Fine..I guess" I shrugged, I mean I have gotten out of bed since I got to Ottawa. My uncle is like an army sergeant. I guess that's a start at least.
"A working progress I see." She scribbled something in her notebook and looked back at me. The look on her face disgusted me. She looked like she knew everything about me, it kind of upset me. I don't really want to actually be here. She seems like the type of person I would punch in the face. Harsh yet the honest truth. The only reason why I am here is because my uncle is just as stubborn as I am and very persuasive. I kind of hate him for that, but he's looking out for my well being so I can't say I don't love him for that. He's doing more than my parents ever did.

" So Daniel your uncle, right?.. He said you were having nightmares. Please tell me about them if you wish." She sat back and stared at me with her pointy eyes. " I want to hear how your mind works." She crossed her legs in front of her and put her glasses back on.

" Well..there's not much to say, I just have images of my friends death...over and over again. Each time gradually getting worse." My eyes started to swell with tears, I tired to hold them back but a couple escaped from my eyes and I cursed myself for crying. I hate talking to strangers about my feelings. I didn't want to fully tell her the truth. That I don't only dream about my friends death. I relive it every night. I live a lot of scary things that have nothing to do with my friends death. But I don't know this woman, And I'm sure as hell not opening up to her.

" So have these nightmares..as you call them" She motioned her hands in a quotation manner. I rolled my eyes. Of course they're nightmares what else would they be. lovely daydreams. " Have they gotten better or worse?"

I didn't want to tell her the truth. To be honest I wanted to get out of there. I would rather talk to my uncle about this, than whoever this girl is. I didn't even get her name. I was too distracted in my own thoughts when she introduced herself.

" They've....gotten better I suppose" I said it in the most monotone voice that I wouldn't even believe me. I looked back to her to see her scribbling down more notes. I wonder what's she's writing down. Probably that I'm a psycho and need to me emitted to a hospital or something. Or maybe she's just drawing because I'm boring her to death. I saw that in a movie once. She might not even be a real therapist.I gazed the room at all the certificates and a wall full of books and useless nick nacks. I looked at the clock.

" Looks like out session today is done.. Adi I know it's been a couple of times that you have been here. I don't know if you fully trust me or not. But please I'm trying to help you. Your uncle is trying to help you. Please don't be afraid to open up to me." She put her hand on my knee and gave me a reassuring smile. I mustered up enough energy to give one back. Even though it was fake it felt nice to have smiled, even if it was a little bit.

" I will see you for your next appointment Tuesday at 5:30 pm Okay" She looked at me and smiled. I nodded and grabbed my purse. As I existed her office I noticed my Uncle Daniel sitting in the waiting room. He looked up from his phone and smiled.
" You ready to go, Birgitta made your favourite for dinner. Meatballs and Salad!" He put and arm around my shoulder to lead me out.
"Oh and by the way, We invited Erik and Terese over. They haven't seen you in a while and they are dying to talk to you"
" Yes that's fine with me, I'm dying for some interaction anyway" I gave him a small smile, he's really the only one( and of course Birgitta, Loui, Hugo, Fenix and William Erik) that I smile too.
" Well you smiled so that has to be some progress." We entered his car and made our way to his house. Maybe talking to people will distract me a little. I haven't had a distraction in a while.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this is chapter 1, Tell me what you think:) Again sorry if there is grammar mistakes! Comment please and thank you:) and sorry it's not that long, I'm still getting used to writing haha - Rebbeca