Status: In progress

Only Baby Scars

Hockey is the best therapy

I walked into the open walkway to be greet by three bouncing little boys who seemed like they just had been handed a pound of sugar each.
"Erik and Terese are here come see" Loui tugged on the bottom of my shirt sleeve pulling me towards the kitchen. As I entered I was greeted by three sets of eyes. Erik saw me and a bright smile flashed onto his face
"Adi!, it's been so long, look at how you've grown..ah we missed you so much" He embraced me in a hug, lifted me off the ground and twirled me around. i couldn't help but smile and giggle a little. Erik always knew how to get a smile on my face. He was like the older brother I never had, and Terese was soon to be my sister. Terese and Erik were some of my best friends back in Sweden. Once my uncle took Erik under his wing they became more like family. Terese got up from her seat and ran towards me a smile as big as Texas plastered on her face
" Oh my gosh I've missed you Adi, we have so much to catch up on. You need to tell me whats been going on at home in Sweden And.." She was cut mid sentence by my uncle Danny. " Leave the poor girl alone Terese she just got in the house, you two can yak each others ears off later" He laughed a little and went over to BiBi looked into her eyes lovely before he kissed her. I've always been sort of jealous of my aunt and uncles affections. Same with Erik and Terese. I've never really found anyone to share that compassion with. Yes i've had my fair share of boyfriends back in Sweden, but non have ever really been the "One". I noticed i had been staring at my aunt and uncle and quickly turned my head towards the boiling pots on the stove.

" Aunt Bi this smells so good, i can't wait to eat it" I smiled up at her, making her smile back. I always loved complementing my aunt. She was always one of my favourite cooks in the family. Next to my mom of course.
"I can't wait to eat it either. I'm always for a good home cooked meal" he got up from his seat and walked over to the stove. He grabbed a near by fork and opened the lid stealing a meat ball. Uncle Danny noticed and tried to slap Erik in the back of the head missing by nearly inches. Erik sat back down next to Terese laughing like a maniac. They always knew how to get on each others nerves but they had some sort of strong Father/ Son bond that nobody could replace.

"Who's ready to eat, I know Erik is" Bibi's voice echoed through the kitchen making me come out of my trance I didn't realize I was in. We all sat down, The kids came running in fighting each other for which seat they would sit in. I laughed a little at the sight of Fenix trying to push over Hugo who was obviously too big for the little guy to accomplish any such thing like that. I sat down next to Erik and Loui, we all grabbed some food and started eating. It was so good it reminded me of back home, which I started to miss. But anytime I though of Sweden it would always lead me to memories of Marcus.

" So Adi" Erik proceeded with a bunch of meatballs stuffed in his mouth, It sounded more like " fey hadi"
" Don't talk with your mouth full Erik!" Bibi yelled across the table. Causing a few laughs from the boys.
" Sorry BiBi Forgive me" He gave my aunt the biggest smile he could muster up trying to suck up to my aunt to stay on her good side.
"Yes Erik now shut it and eat" She gave him a small smile. Erik then looked back and me to continue our conversation.
" So Adi, I heard you've been a little down lately and if you're alright with this I'd like you to come to practice tomorrow. I'm sure it'll be alright with coach...and your uncle." He looked over to my uncle Danny who nodded and proceeded to shove a meatball in his face.
" All the guys want to see who this always talked about niece is of our oh so great Captain" He winked and my uncle then looked for my response. It seemed like the whole table went silent waiting for my response. It was kind of weird
" I'll be there Adi. We can sit behind the glass.. it could make you feel better, And afterwards we can meet some of the guys. They're really nice dear" Terese looked at Erik and gave his hand a light squeeze. I hadn't even noticed they were holding hands until she did that. Maybe this will be a good idea. For one it's a distraction. i'll be able to catch up with Terese. I have met some of the guys not all of them. What could go wrong.

" Well... Okay, when do we have to leave?" I hoped it wasn't too early. A girl like me likes my sleep. Thanks you!
" We leave at 5:30 am I know it's early but it'll be good for you" Great 5:30 i guess that could be the down side.
" But we'll go out for breakfast after all of us, with the team to so they can get to know you. You are family that is, you will be around a lot" My Uncle looked at me with a reassuring smile then began to stuff his face again.After dinner was finished I helped Bibi and Terese clean up the kitchen while the boys played with the kids in the living room. Once everything was cleaned and it was getting late. We said our goodbyes to Erik and Terese and everyone got ready for bed. I couldn't sleep that night. And this time it wasn't because of the nightmares. It was a sudden rush of worry, what if the team hates me?, what if I say something stupid? After 3 hours of no such luck of falling asleep I finally dozed off into a deep slumber. Throughout the night I slept straight through. No night terrors, no night mares nothing. Maybe this was the distraction I needed. Maybe hockey is the best distraction
♠ ♠ ♠
So chapter 3:) Tell me what you guys think rate and comment please!!:) I'm kinda changing where this is going as i make it I seems to get knew ideas throughout the day as I got. It will still have the same concept though haha . Again sorry for any grammar / spelling errors:)