Status: In progress

Only Baby Scars

Surviving breakfast

We pulled up to a a fun little restaurant down the street called Jackasters. It wasn't open but uncle Danny pulled some strings with the chef to open early because he wanted to surprise me. I love my uncle finding different little ways to make me feel better. I'm so grateful everyday for him. I'm just not really grateful as to why Erik and my uncle invited Zack with us. I'm extremely shy around new people. Especially when that said new person won't stop flirting with me. We sat down at a booth beside the window.

"So Adi how long are you staying with your uncle" Zack asked me. leaning his head on his hand.
" uhh.. not sure yet probably a year or so. My parents wanted me to help my aunt Bi with my cousins and spend more time with the family. she thinks I'm drifting."

That's all I could think of for a lie. I was too distracted by trying to not throw up that I just spit out what came to me first. Even if it was a crappy lie. His face showed that he believed it and turned to my uncle and Erik. They were both fighting over what they should get and what would be the healthiest. Zack and I laughed and Zack turned to me again.

" So do you have a boyfriend" He gave me a cute side grin. I was caught off guard. What if he asks me out? I can't bring him into my mess. I'll screw up the Ottawa Senators because I pissed off Zack Smith and then everything will go into a chain reaction.

"No" I squeaked out. He gave me a little chuckle
"Good because I was wondering. I have a free night Friday and there is this great place in town that I want to take you too. Think you're up to it?" He gave me his award winning smile and he moved a little closer to me, Placing one of his hands on mine. I looked over at my Uncle and Erik who where still too distracted with each other to notice what Zack just asked me. I was on my own for this one.

" Uh.. yea sure I'd love to go" I gave him a small yet nervous smile. He noticed my hesitation. He moved down and whispered in my ear.
" Don't be nervous babe I don't bite" He moved back his hand still on mine.
" So Friday at 8:30pm be ready I'll come pick you up" he winked at me leaving me wide eyed and frozen in place.
By this point Erik and my Uncle over heard what Zack had said.

" What's going on why does she have to be ready at 8:30? What are you doing with her?" Erik said in a joking matter with a bit of over protective brother mixed in there.

" I just simply asked her out to dinner Friday. Nothing big don't get so riled up about it. He turned to me a winked and then turned back to Erik and my Uncle who now had confused faces looking between the both of us. I couldn't help but blush.

"Did something happen between you two this morning that me and Erik didn't catch?" My uncle asked pointing between the two of us.

" No sir...maybe just a little Chemistry." Zack joked causing Erik to laugh but my uncle didn't find it funny. The table fell short of laughter and everyone looked at my uncle. Scared of what his response might be.

" You be good to her okay. I don't need anymore things...I just don't want to see her get hurt okay. Be nice or I'll have to kick your ass" He smirked a little then went back to looking at the menu in a serious matter. Something about his face looked hurt and unreadable.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, Thanks again for reading:) AND I have to apologize for not writing in months! I have been extremely busy and have had terrible writers block! So I am very sorry about that. I'm going to try and get another chapter up this week maybe even two so keep watch:) Again sorry for any spelling mistakes, comments are appreciated;) hope you enjoyed sorry it's short haha