Oh Brother

Chapter 5

I headed down the steps to meet Rafe. School starts back in two weeks so he's taking me shopping for supplies and more clothes. It's still early, Blair, Zev, and Rudi are still sleeping. Rafe wanted to go early to avoid having them tag along. It would be nice to have a family day, but today I just want to spend time with him.

It's not like we don't already spend every waking moment together. I actually got a good night sleep last night. It's only because I was wrapped in his arms. I woke up crying once and he held me so close I thought our bodies would merge. "I'll protect you," He said. "As long as my heart is beating, I will protect you." This is what he told me to get me to stop crying. His words really soothe me.

When I reached the bottom of the steps, Rafe was leaning against the wall by the front door. He is wearing a tight ,white, t-shirt and dark jeans. He's wearing a pair of black sunglasses and his hair is done like a 1950's actor. He looks like he stepped straight out of Grease. He is the sexiest thing my eyes have ever rested on. Raphael Connor Blackwood is the most godlike being walking the planet and he is mine and only mine.

"Like what you see?" He asked smirking cockily as he closed the space between us. I rolled my eyes and grinned at him.

"For your information, I love what I see." I said standing on my tippy toes to kiss his lips. He smiled and bit the side of my lip playfully. I let a moan escape my lips. He down at me with lust filled eye and backed me into a wall. He pressed his body firmly to mine.

I don't know what came over me but I suddenly felt the urge to touch. My hands went slowly up his shirt, he groaned and crashed his lips to mine kissing me deeply as I traced the contours of his body with my fingers. I ran my tongue down the crease of his lips, asking for entry. He gave it to me easily, almost like he has waited for this moment since we woke up.

"You taste so good." He groaned as our tongues rolled together. He lifted me off of the floor and wrapped my legs around him. It reminded me of the first day I was here, the very first time he kissed me. I can feel his erection pressed to me through the shorts I am wearing. My eyes widened, causing him to chuckle.

I don't know why but my heart started to race. I've never been this close to a penis in my life! I don't even know how the damn things work! To say that I don't know anything about sex would be an understatement. I'm completely clueless when it comes to being intimate with someone. The only thing I know about sex is the technical stuff:

1) Safe sex is great sex

2) There are a shitload of STD's out there

3) 1+1=3 (Get it?)

and a little thing I learned from the air-headed girls in foster care

4) Just because you have sex doesn't mean he loves you or even wants you

So I don't know much, but what do you expect when you got your sex ed lesson from a fat, virgin, alcoholic who works at the foster home. Who lets a virgin teach kids about sex? What could he possibly know if he never gets any?

"Do you want some breakfast?" He asked kissing my nose and putting me back on the floor. "We can stop anywhere you want." I thought about it for a moment and nodded my head. "Is there a particular restaurant you want to go to?" He asked considerately.

"Not really," I said shrugging my shoulders. "I never really at out much, just the occasional burger with Rachel." He smiled brightly at me and grabbed my hand.

"I know just the place." He said pulling me out of the front door to the garage. He mashed the button on a set of Porsche keys. My eyes widened.

"You drive a Porsche?" I asked flabbergasted. He laughed lightly and nodded.

"Soon you'll be driving the car of your own choosing." He said. I looked into the open garage and saw the most beautiful car I've ever seen, and I don't particularly care for cars of that type. It was the color that had me in a trance. It is purple but it's so dark that it looks black. I stood there gaping at the car.

"Don't just stand there," Rafe laughed. "Get in." When I finally looked up, he wasn't standing next to me anymore, he is standing on the passenger side of the car with the door open. I smiled and walked over to him, I kissed him on the cheek and got in the car.

"You look beautiful today." He said as he crank up the car. I snorted at his comment but said thank you.

"You don't think so?" He asked as he pulled out onto the road. I shrugged my shoulders.

"I've never thought I was beautiful, I've never felt like I was." I laughed as I remembered something. "A girl I was in foster care with told me the reason my parents gave me away is because they couldn't stand having an ugly child." Rafe gripped the steering wheel tightly and growled from deep in his chest.

"I want you to hear this and I want you to understand." He glanced at me with burning eyes. I nodded my head. "There is nothing ugly about you. You are a beautiful person inside and out. I love every single thing about you, and if I were to hear anyone say otherwise, I swear to God they wont breathe another breath." He said the last part through clenched teeth.

He glance over at me again. "Do you understand?" He asked me. I nodded my head and he relaxed and smiled. "Good," he said turning on the radio. "Now sing for me." He demanded.

"What?" I asked looking at him like he is crazy. He grinned at me.

"Sing for me baby," He said reaching for my hand. I quickly grabbed his, wanting too feel more of his touch. "I want to hear your beautiful voice. The only time you sing is when you think I'm not listening." He paused. "I hear you Lovey, and you have the voice of ten thousand angels." I smiled sheepishly and tried to hide my blush.

"What do you to hear?" I asked not looking at him. He fell silent for a moment to think. His forehead is wrinkled and his lips are pursed. He looks utterly adorable when he's deep in thought. I found myself staring at his gorgeous features. He flipped through the radio stations and stopped on 'Haunted' by Taylor Swift. He turned and grinned at me, I rolled my eyes at him.

"Can you sing this?" He asked curiously. I nodded my head at him.

"I can sing it," I said. "I just don't think my voice is country enough for a country song." He smirked at me and turned the radio up.

"Sing." He said. I rolled my eyes but I cleared my throat. I'm a little nervous because this is the first time I've sung for Rafe. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself. I waited for the next verse of the song before I started.

'Stood there and watched you walk away

From everything we had

But I still mean every word I said to you

He would try to take away my pain

And he just might make me smile

But the whole time I'm wishing he was you instead

Oh, I'm holding my breath

Won't see you again

something keeps me holding on to nothing

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this

I thought I had you figured out

Something's gone terribly wrong

You're all I wanted

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this

I thought I had you figured out

Can't breathe whenever you're gone

Can't turn back now, I'm haunted

I know, I know, I just know

You're not gone. You can't be gone. No.

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this

I thought I had you figured out

Something's gone terribly wrong

Won't finish what you started

Come on, come on, don't leave me like this

I thought I had you figured out

Can't breathe whenever you're gone

Can't go back, I'm haunted

Oh

You and I walk a fragile line

I have known it all this time

Never ever thought I'd see it break.

Never thought I'd see it!'

When I finished, I realized the car had stopped. I opened my eyes, to see Rafe smiling from ear to ear. I blushed and turned my face away from him. I felt his hand caress my face. I sighed with satisfaction and looked at him. "You have a beautiful voice,Lovey." He said.

"Thank you." I whispered shyly. I looked out the window to see where we were. We are surrounded by tall buildings and a variation of expensive cars. "Where are we?" I asked looking over at him. He with a cheeky smile.

"You'll see." He said before he hopped out of the car and ran around to my door and opened it. He held out his hand and helped me out of the car.

"Such a gentleman." I said standing on my toes to kiss him gently.

"Only for you." He said with a sweet smile pecking my lips again. He grabbed my hand and we walked towards the building nearest to us. The building looks extremely old, the brick is cracked and weathered but it adds character. I looked to my left and there was a woman standing a few feet away from us.

"Whoa!" I whispered taking in her rainbow-colored hair and homeless person style. Rafe looked over and laughed aloud. "Rafael Blackwood!" I said smacking his arm. "That was rude!" I said. I was getting on his case but the sad thing is, I couldn't hold back my laughter either. The woman huffed and turned her back to us. We were both giggling uncontrollably when we walked into the building.

We are standing inside a large restaurant covered with bouquets of flowers everywhere. There is a desk in the front and the doors that lead to the dining area are beautiful archways. "Aah, Mr. Blackwood," A man said from behind the desk. He is tall, blond, and professional looking. He couldn't be much older than Rafe but his suite is tailored perfectly. "It's so nice to see you again." He said standing up to greet us.

He looked me up and down and smiled lustfully. I slid closer to Rafe, who just wrapped his arm around my waist kissed my cheek. He must not have seen his action or he just decided to let him slide. Either way, it made me uncomfortable to have him looking at me like I'm a hunk of meat.

"Good morning, Evan," He said politely. "I need you're best table." He pulled out his wallet and removed a credit card. My eyes widened as I took in the stack of one hundred-dollar bills he had tucked away inside also.

"Certainly!" Evan said taking the card from him. Rafe was looking around at the pictures hanging on the wall. Evan kept staring at me. I pretended to not notice and tried to focus my attention elsewhere. It feels like he is raping me with his eyes. I can see him out of the corner of my eye just watching me. I looked over at him and he licked his lips and grinned. Fucking pervert! I've got something for his ass though.

"Rafe." I said sounding scared. He rushed to my side trying to see what had me so upset.

"What is it?" He asked sounding concerned. I didn't say anything for a minute, I let some fake tears fall from my eyes though. "Baby, whats wrong?" He asked sounding panicked. I nodded towards Evan who was standing there pale-faced.

"He scares me." I whispered lowly. Rafe turned around growling at the man. Might I add, this growl didn't sound like anything that should come out of a humans throat. It sounded animalistic.He stalked towards the man. He slowly backed into the wall with his hands up like he surrendered. Rafe grabbed him by the collar and picked him straight up off of the ground.

"Evan," He growled. "You know I will kill you right?" Evan nodded his head rapidly, obviously terrified, as he stared at Rafe with wide eyes. "We've known each other for a long time," He stated lowly. "I'd hate to have to kill you because you can't keep your hands to yourself."

"I'm sorry!" Evan said with a squeaky voice. He sounded like he had hit puberty all over again. His voice is high and almost feminine. How is he holding this man off the ground with one hand? I questioned myself. It seriously looked cartoonish, I've never seen someone his age pick up anyone with one hand.

"Don't tell me you're sorry," He growled shaking Evan around a bit. "Tell my ma-" He stopped abruptly. "Tell my girlfriend thatyou're sorry!" Evan looked up at me with wide eyes.

"I'm so sorry!" He squeaked again. His face is turning red, Rafe is partially cutting off the oxygen to his brain. His eyes are watering and they are beginning to look bloodshot. I nodded my head not wanting Rafe to seriously hurt the man. I wasn't expecting him to do this much, maybe yell at the man a bit, but not this.

I ran over and grabbed Rafe's arm. He looked down at me with dark, cold eyes, then they softened. He dropped Evan at his feet and pulled me into the most urgent and much-needed kiss. We ignored Evan's gasping and coughing and tangled ourselves up in each other. We pulled away gasping almost as much as Evan.

"How about we just eat at the mall." Rafe suggested looking back at Evan with disgust. I nodded my head and let him lead me out of the doors. I'm not going to tell him I got Evan in trouble on purpose. I mean I meant to get him in trouble but not that much.

Rafe is really possessive. When you're messing with something that belongs to him, you are asking for exactly what you're going to get. Honestly I find it sexy. I know he will do anything just to have me and it makes me reconsider my choice of NOT sleeping with him.