Take Me Home

Chapter 8

"He was a pervert" yelled Chloe angrily.

"You didn't have to hit him though" argued Ashlynn. We had just gone zip lining and the instructor was getting a bit too touchy feely for Chloe's liking so she slapped him on the face. Hard.

"That slap was completely necessary, I was practically being raped" countered Chloe angrily.

"Drama queen" replied Maize.

"Whatever" muttered Chloe before stomping over to the car. The rest of us laughed as she grumbled to herself and leaned against the car. We all climbed in the car and headed back to Maize's parents' house. When Maize parked the car out front Chloe and Ashlynn ran out of the car giggling and squealing with Maize in tow.

"So...you talk to Harry today?" Sydney questioned.

"Yeah he called me this morning when I got up" I smiled at the memory. Harry was literally one the best guys I'd ever met he was kind, funny and a gentleman.

"You guys are literally the cutest couple ever!" Sydney smiled.

"We are not even a couple" I replied shaking my head. As much as I liked Harry I don't think there was much of a chance of us actually becoming a couple especially with his busy schedule.

"Not yet!" She declared walking into the house. I followed behind and headed into the kitchen to get a water bottle.

"Holy shit!" I heard Maize yell from upstairs. Curious I walked upstairs to find all the girls huddled around a computer screen.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"You are like all over the Internet" Sydney replied.

"Huh?" I stated confused. I looked at the computer screen to see multiple links with similar titles like, 'Does One Direction Hottie Harry Styles Have a New Girlfriend?', 'Harry Styles Off the Market?'. Maize clicked on one of the links and dozens of pictures from our first date and from our trip to the carnival popped up. They even had a picture of us kissing.

"Seriously! Have these people never heard of privacy." I said shocked I grabbed the laptop and sat it in my lap.

"At least they're cute pictures."Ashlynn said with a small smile. I shook my head continued down the page. Then I did something I probably shouldn't have done, yeah I read the comments. Most of them were nice enough but then there were some that were calling me things like a slut and then some racial slurs.

"Don't read those Charlotte." Chloe said closing the computer.

"Yeah they're just jealous." Maize said trying to reassure me

"You are anything but what those girls are saying." Sydney chimed in.

"You guys are right, and these people need to get a life." I sighed "lets go do something fun." I smiled at them trying to forget everything that just happened. They all gave me sad smiles back.

"Alright I got it come on everybody go grab a towel oh and you might want to empty your pockets." instructed Ashlynn. We all did as were told with confused looks. Then we all followed her out back to the pool and it all clicked.

"Two things in one day!" Ashlynn yelled before jumping in the pool. I laughed before following her lead. When I resurfaced Maize was next to me and Sydney was diving in along with Chloe.

"The water feels fantastic!" I yelled as I floated on my back. I closed my eyes as I lay there just letting the sun beat down on me that is until some dunked me under. As I came back up all the girl were laughing and Chloe and Sydney were high fiving.

"I can't believe it was you two!" I said shocked that was definitely a Ashlynn and Maize move.

"They learned from the best" Ashlynn chuckled.

"You know what we should have a pool party my parents are leaving in the morning for a two week business trip, so we'll have the whole place to ourselves. " Maize suggested a while later as we got out of the pool.

"They're leaving but you just got here?" Sydney said looking confused.

"Yeah my parents can get there priorities mixed up when it comes to their jobs, but how does that sound?" Maize shrugged sadly.

"Yeah it'll be fun." Chloe smiled and we all nodded in agreement.