Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 1

6 months after Bonnie got her powers bound forever...

"It's vampires." Lexi stated as she finished reading the file over Sam's shoulder. Sam was sat at the kitchen table with Bobby reading through information on a new Hunt. Dean was leaning by the fridge watching and Bonnie was cooking pancakes for breakfast.

"It's never vampires." Dean muttered, glaring as Lexi just smirked at him and moved to help her sister with the pancakes.

"It could be vampires." Sam defended. "I said it could be Dean. Jerk." He added when his brother just glared at him.

"It's not vampires!" Dean protested "It's too obvious! Vampires are never that obvious!"

"It's vampires." Bonnie said as she finished cooking and turned to glare at the mess on the table. "How do you expect to eat when the table is like this?"

"You agree with her?" Dean sighed, moving forward and helping Bobby and Sam tidy the paperwork and books off the table.

"Why don't you?" Bobby asked as they finished tidying up and the girls put a plate piled with pancakes on the table. Syrup, butter and other pancake appropriate condiments were put on the tables along with cutlery and individual plates.

Everyone sat down and started eating. Once they were done, Lexi and Sam started cleaning up while Dean answered Bobby's earlier question. "I already said why. It's too obvious!"

"Doesn't mean it can't be vampires." Bobby replied.

"How can you even know?" Dean asked as he turned in his seat and stared at Lexi.

"I asked Gabriel." Lexi answered, grinning as Dean started ranting.

"Gabriel! How do you even know he's telling the truth?" Dean growled as Lexi and Bonnie started giggling.

"He wouldn't dare lie to my sister," Bonnie said, moving her chair closer to Dean's and leaning against him. "Besides, Gabe likes us."

"Yeah, Dean." Lexi added mockingly. "Besides - he never killed us over a hundred times."

Dean growled again and went to stand up but Bonnie stopped him. He turned to look at her.

"Hurt her and you deal with Cas all on your own, sweetie." Bonnie answered his unspoken question.

"Where is he anyway? He's normally always here." Sam asked as he and Lexi finished cleaning up after breakfast and sat back down at the table.

"It's thursday." Lexi answered from her seat next to him. They all just looked at her. "He may have the powers of an archangel but he was originally the angel of thursday. He's busy."

They all continued to look at her funny before she sighed and added, "The hunt is vampires. Gabriel isn't the only one I asked."

"You say that like we believe it's vampires." Dean scoffed.

"It is!"