Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 13

Everyone looked around. There was an uncomfortable silence as everyone tried to think of something that wouldn't end with them all killed while they tidied up the study.

"I got nothing." Bonnie finally muttered, sighing and slouching down into the seat she'd just righted.

"Me neither." Lexi muttered, sitting cross-legged on the floor. The coat she was still wearing spread out behind her on the floor. She sighed and leaned her head back against the wall behind her before narrowing her eyes at Dean, "Hey - who were you calling dumb and dumber back there?"

Dean looked startled for a second before looking nervous as he remembered, "Uhhh...not you?"

Lexi glared at him silently.

"Ha - you're in trouble now, Dean." Bonnie laughed. "The evil eye's always followed by something bad."

Dean looked from Lexi to Bonnie and back again before looking for help from the others. Sam just grinned and shook his head before moving to start cleaning up the debris outside the study doors. Bobby followed Sam, muttering "Idjit." as Dean looked his way.

Dean looked towards the two angels in the room when he realised his family wouldn't help him. He knew by the smirk on Gabriel's face that he would be helping Lexi with whatever she planned to do instead of saving so he looked pleadingly at Castiel instead before realising something. "Hey - you were in the room with us when Gabe sent us to the place where Disney comes to life. So why weren't you there with us, Cas?"

"I was busy." Castiel replied, avoiding Dean's gaze.

"Cas?" Dean questionned. "What are you trying to hide?"

"He's not hiding anything, Dean." Lexi sighed as she stood up. "He's injured - you would know that if you could see his wings. He stayed here with Gabriel to fight that thing while they sent us away to keep us safe."

"What?!" Dean shouted.

"What?" Sam and Bobby exclaimed in unison.

"Hey, Gabe's fighting on our side again." Bonnie said, grinning and hugging Gabriel quickly.

"I'm always fighting on your side, darling." Gabriel replied, wrapping an arm around her and kissing the top of head. He grinned when Dean glared at him. "Your sister makes sure of that."

Lexi grinned while everyone looked confused.

"Changing the subject..." Lexi said, giggling at the glare Dean was still aiming at Gabriel. "...what did you find out from Odin? Are we sure it's pagan?"

"Yep." Gabriel replied as he let go of Bonnie and clicked his fingers. A handul of lollipops appeared in one hand and he passed one to Bonnie before throwing one at Lexi and then one at Castiel. "You suck on 'em, Cas." He said as Castiel looked at it a bit confused.

"So...pagan?" Bobby asked as Gabriel just laughed at the looks crossing Castiel's face as he ate the lollipop.

"Yeah - Odin told me everything I needed to know." Gabriel replied, cleaning the remaing debris in the house and fixing the broken doors, windows and furniture with a click of his fingers.

"Are you gonna tell us?" Dean asked angrily after a few minutes of silence.

"Lex, darling, would you mind calling Balthazar and Azrael down? We might need their help later on and it's always good to have the Angel of Death caught up on events or he gets slightly pissy and refuses to resurrect you for a while."

Lexi nodded and went silent, closing her eyes and tilting her head like Castiel does when he doesn't understand something. She opened her eyes after a few minutes, "They can't make it here but they're listening to everything."

Ganriel nodded, "Odin says that it came from the Ginnungagap. It crawled out and started killing the guards posted around it. Anytime Odin sends someone to find out what's going on, that thing kills them. Odin sent Thor in to investigate and it nearly killed him."

"How is that even possible?" Sam asked, "Isn't he one of the strongest Norse Gods?"

Gabriel nodded. "Odin thinks that the closer the creature is to the Ginnungagap - the stronger it is. The Norse council have named it as well. They're calling it a Keshyik."

"Is it a new creature? Or is it an old one coming back - like you angels?" Bobby asked, looking over at his books.

"It's new."

"So - we have no idea how to kill it?" Dean asked.

"None whatsoever."

"Well, shit."