Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 15

The next morning...

"Heya Sammy." Lexi said cheerfully as Sam slowly walked into the kitchen while stretching. He stopped and looked at her.

"'as goin' on?" Sam asked between yawns.

"Nothing. I just woke up early." Lexi shrugged fo her seat at the kitchen table. "Coffee's done if you want any."

"Thanks." Sam muttered as he grabbed a mug from a cupboard and filled it, getting his drink the way he liked it before sitting down at the table. "You seen Dean?"

"Nope." Lexi replied. "And I've been down here for a while. Is the car outside?"

"It is not." Castiel replied as he appeared in the room. "Dean left early this morning."

"Well why didn't you stop him?!"

"Sam..." Lexi started.

"Dean was feeling upset - I knew that he would not appreciate any company." Castiel replied as he took a seat at the table. "He seemed to be under the impression that he had been possessed and was on his way to speak to someone named Missouri."

"You know Dean doesn't like it when you read his mind, Castiel." Lexi admonished gently, shaking her head as he looked down at the table guiltily. "I'm sure he'll forgive you - you were worried about a friend. It'll be fine."

Castiel looked up at her and nodded.

"So - Missouri?" Lexi asked Sam.

"She's a psychic from back home in Lawrence. She was the one who first showed our dad about the supernatural after our mom died." Sam explained. "She helped us out on a case once a few years ago."

"So - he'll be fine?"

"Yeah - but I should probably go meet up with him." Sam replied. "Cas, do you mind taking me?"

"I'll do it." Lexi replied as she stood up. "Though you might wanna get dressed first."

Sam nodded and left the room to get dressed as Castiel stood and turned to Lexi.

"I will take him. Your sister is here."

"So's your brother." Lexi countered. "Besides - she knows better than to flirt with Gabe. I've told her not to do it - but she never listens."

"Does she have feelings for Gabriel?" Castiel asked.

"No - they're like siblings to each other. I once asked Gabe how he felt about Bonnie and he said she was like the anti-christ sister he'd never wanted." Lexi smiled and shook her head. "Gabe and Bon are the two least likely to ever be a couple - but they do act all touchy-feely and flirty."

"And Dean gets jealous easily." Sam said as he walked back into the room. He had his bag with him and he looked at the other two in the room. "So - whose coming with me?"

"I am." Castiel replied as he took a step towards Sam only to find Lexi in front of him.

"Bye." Lexi giggled, leaning forward and kissing Castiel before moving to grab hold of Sam. The two dissappeared just as Bobby walked into the room.

"Where 're they off to this bleeding early?" He said as he turned to face Castiel.