Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 16

"They are following Dean." Castiel replied as Bobby got himself a cup of coffee.

"Why?" Bobby asked before sighing and waving a hand. "Never mind. What'd the idjit go and do this time?"

"He has gone to see a psychic about his outburst last night." Castiel replied. "He wished to be alone - however, Sam has decided to go after his brother anyway."

"Of course he has." Bobby muttered shaking his head.

"Who has what?" Bonnie asked as she and Gabriel walked into the room.

"Oh...nothing." Bobby said before Castiel could say anything. "Dean and Sam left on a hunt." He added, glaring at Castiel when he went to say anything.

Bonnie looked between them before shrugging, "O..kay."

"Where's my Lexi?" Gabriel asked as Bonnie went looking through the cupboards for a mug for her coffee.

Castiel looked around and disappeared.

"What'd I say?" Gabriel asked Bobby.

"Maybe he just realised she wasn't in the room and went to find her." Bonnie suggested as she sat the table with her drink.

"Your sister isn't in the house, doll face." Gabriel replied.

"What? Then where?" Bonnie asked, standing up.

"Alexandria has decided to go with the Winchester's as she feels that she would only hinder your research if she was here." Castiel said as he appeared back in the room. "She has asked me to stay with the three of you and keep her updated on any possible leads."

"Awww...Cassie got stuck behind." Gabriel pouted "And why do I have to stay here and research? I'm a busy arch-angel-turned-demi-god-turned-arch-angel ya know?"

"Shut up." Bonnie muttered, "You're the only pagan expert we have. You have to be here and help."

Gabriel pouted and sulked as Bonnie started pushing him towards the study. As soon as they were out the door Bobby turned to the angel still in the room.

"She tell you to say that?" Bobby asked.

Castiel nodded.

"And you've gotta stay here and babysit those two idjits insted of staying with her?" Bobby asked chuckling as he added, "Thought she loved you."

Castiel sighed, "That's what Dean said." as they both made their way into the study.

*************************************************************************

"Well, Dean's definitely here." Sam said as he spotted the Impala parked in front of them.

"No, really, I thought we were going somewhere that Dean was never going to be." Lexi muttered sarcastically, smirking as Sam swore at her while putting his bag in the car.

"Hey Cas." Lexi said, giggling as Sam smacked his head on the boot as he straightened up in suprise.

"What's up, Cas?" Sam asked as Dean and Missouri came outside to see what was going on.

"Oi - what the hell!?" Dean yelled.

"They're here for you." Missouri said to Dean.

"Well...they shoulda called or something first. You don't just pop in and start manhandling my baby." Dean muttered as Sam closed the boot.

"Stop being a jerk, Dean." Sam sighed "You're the one that left in the middle of the night. Jerk."

"Shut up. Bitch." Dean replied as he focused on what Castiel and Lexi were saying.

"Bobby has told your sister and Gabriel that they have gone on a hunt. Bonnie has asked where you are." Castiel said.

"Ah - okay. Um..." Lexi thought for a moment. "Got it. Say that I went with Sam and Dean because I'd only hinder the researching that the three of them have to do."

Castiel nodded.

"What happens when Gabriel gets bored and decides to start following us?" Sam asked.

Lexi frowned and turned to Castiel. "You're gonna have to stay and make sure he doesn't leave. Ummm...tell them that you're gonna stay and keep us updated on any possible leads."

Castiel frowned.

"I know - you'd rather be here. But we have to do this." Lexi reminded him quietly as she hugged him. Castiel sighed and nodded.

Dean chuckled, "Babysitting Gabriel instead of staying with her? Thought she loved you."

"Dean..." Lexi warned as she let go of Castiel and he disappeared.