Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 3

Bonnie drummed her fingers against the steering wheel of her car, then started to hum along to the song she was listening to.

"Both hands on the wheel Bon..." Lexi said opening her eyes.

"Good to see ya joined me again... I was beginning to get bored, how far away is this damn place again?"

"Bon... it's like 10 miles away from our Uncles... seriously, you ain't that old..."

"What exactly are you implying?"

"Nuthin'..."

Bonnie glared at her sister and turned the CD player up blasting "I Walk The Line" at her.

"I must say Bon... You're taste in music really hasn't improved..."

Bonnie stuck her tongue out at her, "That had better be the last time you dis' Johnny Cash..." After about half an hour of dead silence Bonnie spoke up..." Let's go see Uncle Steve first..." There was no reply from her sister, Bonnie sighed and changed the cd, "Better!?" she shouted when the sounds of buckcherry filled the car.

Lexi just grinned.

1 hour later...

"Yo... Uncle Steve!" Lexi said banging her fist against the faded door.

"Lex... I don't think hes in." Bonnie said leaning against the Mustang's side door.

Lexi turned around to face her sister, "He's our Uncle Bonnie... when is he ever not in? The guy is practically a hermit."

"Got a point there..." Bonnie said walking past her sister, as soon as she got to the door she kicked it. The door swung open to reveal smashed glass and paper strewn everywhere.

Lexi stared open mouthed, "Uncle Steve?"

"Lex... this don't look good."

The girls walked into their Uncle's house and started to search for him. They came to the living room.

Bonnie stepped on something and it smashed under her boot, she stepped off of it and picked up the now broken picture frame, she let out a short laugh, "You looked like such a dork when you were little."

Lexi frowned at her, then stopped in her tracks "Shit... Bon..."

Bonnie walked over to her, "Oh no..."

"That doesn't look good..." Lexi said pointing to the window near her, "Salt..."

Bonnie bent down and examined the blood stain on the floor, "There isn't that much blood, It looks like the body was dragged away... you think he's okay?"

"I don't know Bon... I don't know..."