Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 5

"Family problems? What family problems?" Dean asked Sam for the twentieth time as they drove towards where the vampire nest was situated.

"How should I know? You were the one on the phone. Jerk." Sam replied, trying (and failing - due to Dean's ranting) to re-read the information they had on the vampires they were after.

"Bitch." Dean responded, before swearing and jumping as Castiel appeared in the back seat. The car swerved into the empty other lane before Dean regained control and got back on the right side of the road.

"They were at their uncles." Castiel stated as Sam gathered all the papers that had escaped his grasp when the car swerved. "My apologies." He added as Dean turned quickly to glare at him.

"Uncles?" Sam questionned.

"Yes - although I do not know where they are now." Castiel replied to Sam statement looking a bit lost.

"How can you not know where they are?" Dean asked incredulously.

"Lexi is blocking me." Castiel answered. "I felt fear and pain from Lexi and asked what was wrong and she blocked me. I cannot find her and neither can my brothers. Did I do something wrong?"

"What d'you mean fear and pain?" Dean yelled. "What about Bonnie?"

Sam noticed the kicked puppy look on the angel's face and punched his brother in the arm. Dean stopped yelling and noticed the look as well.

"No, Cas," Dean sighed, "You didn't do anything wrong. Why didn't you just find Bonnie? They're probably together."

"I tried. As did my brothers. Lexi is able to block her sister as well as herself."

"Wait! You can't find either of them!" Dean shouted. "They could be hurt! Or worse!"

Castiel disappeared as the hunter continued ranting while Sam attempted to shut him up.

....................

Castiel appeared at the last location he had felt Lexi and Bonnie at. He noticed the open door and after a quick look around walked into the house. He took in the damaged chairs and the ruined paperwork strewn about before noticing the blood. After a quick check of the rest of the house, he disappeared.

....................

"They are no longer at their uncles." Castiel stated as he reappeared behind the Winchester's. Sam was stood off the side of the boot of the Impala while Dean was rummaging through the weapons in the boot and handing them to his brother.

"Any clue as to where they went?" Sam asked as Dean finished digging around in the boot and stood up, closing the boot and turning to face the angel.

"No." Castiel shook his head. "Though there was signs of a struggle and blood in the kitchen."

"Blood?" Dean questionned, carefully keeping his temper after Sam had yelled at him in the car for scaring away the angel.

"It did not belong to either of them but it was familial." Castiel replied.

"The uncles." Sam stated.

"Yes." Castiel said, "There was also signs of recent spirit activity but I could not get a clear reading of who it was."

"It was our mother." Bonnie said from behind them. The girls had pulled up further up the road. They had armed themselves and walked down the road a little bit until they had reached them. "You killed them yet?" She asked, indicating towards the nest.

Sam shook his head. "No, not yet."

"Good." She grinned.

"You okay?" Dean asked her as she went to walk past him towards the nest.

"I'm fine. Honestly." She added, grabbing his hand and pulling him with her towards the nest. "Lets go kill some uglies."

Dean shook his head and glanced helplessly at Sam. Sam grinned and followed after them. Castiel took a few steps after them but stopped when Lexi called his name.

"Cas," Lexi started as she walked over and stopped in front of him, "I'm sorry about earlier. About blocking you. It's something Azrael and Gabriel taught me and I feel so guilty about using it on you."

"It is fine." He replied, smiling softly as she smiled and leaned up and kissed him.

"Good." Lexi took his head and they walked over to where the others waited for them.