Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 6

Three hours and one destroyed vampire nest later - they were at a motel half way to Bobby's house......

"Well that just doesn't make sense... why would your own mother try to hurt you?" Sam said as he sat on an old wooden chair in the kitchen.

"I don't know... but she sure as hell wasn't backing off..." Lexi replied.

The group sit there in silence for a while.

Suddenly Bonnie muttered, "What if... what if something was controlling her?"

Sam looked at her with a quizzical experssion on his face.

"Our Uncle Steve... He used to collect rare paranormal artifacts... What if... Whatever was controlling Mom was after..."

"No... It can't be..." Lexi said catching on to what her sister was saying.

"Would either of you please tell me what the hell is going on!" Dean shouted.

"Our Uncle... he had some powerful Hex bags... we're not talking about your average ones... we're on about some deep, dark mumbo-jumbo." Lexi explained as she sat on the kitchen counter, then scooted over to avoid sitting in a puddle of spilt coffee.

"Well now... aren't you the clever one..." Said a voice from behind the group.

"Who are you!?" Sam shouted.

"Never you mind boy..." With that the thing flicked it's hand and sent Sam flying across the room where he collided with a chest of drawers.

"Sam..." Dean started to go after his brother.

The thing clicked it's fingers, suddenly Dean fell to the floor in agony.

"Stop it!" Bonnie screamed as she drew her gun.

"I wouldn't do that..."