Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 7

"Give me one good reason." Bonnie replied as she moved so that she was stood between Dean and it.

"Because I will make you suffer through the agonies of hell before I kill you." It replied. "That - and if you kill me, I will take them with me." It added, gesturing towards the fallen Winchesters.

"Why?" Lexi asked, moving to get off the counter.

"Ah - the angel's mate. You'll be coming with me." It said as it moved towards her.

"I don't think so." Lexi replied, glancing at her sister quickly.

Bonnie nodded slightly as she realised what her sister was about to do.

Lexi turned back and noticed that it was close enough to grab her. Just as it reached out towards her - she disappeared with the sounds of wings.

It growled and disappeared after her.

Bonnie sighed in relief and put her gun away before bending and checking on Dean. He groaned and she helped him stand up and sit on a chair at the table before she did the same with Sam.

There was the sound of wings as Bonnie finished helping Sam sit down. Sam trid to stretch but flinched as he moved his back. Bonnie turned thinking it was her sister, but sighed and slumped into a chair at the table when she saw it was Castiel.

"What happened? Alexandria said that there was something..." Castiel started.

"There was." Dean snapped. "It threw Sam across the room and did some weird Jedi thing on me. All I remember is pain..." He paused before adding quietly, "...and Hell."

Castiel moved forward and healed Sam before checking Dean to make sure he was really wound free.

"Then where's Lexi?" Sam asked as he stretched his back without pain. Castiel finished checking Dean and sat in the remaining seat at the table.

"She left." Bonnie replied, glaring at Castiel.

"Why are you glaring at Cas?" Sam asked as Dean looked from Bonnie to Castiel and back again.

"It's his fault." She yelled, getting up and pacing.

"How is it...?" Dean asked.

"Because it came here for her." Bonnie shouted as she stopped pacing and faced the table. "It said something about her being the angel's mate and that she had to go with it. She flew off before it could grab her. So it followed." She sighed and ran her hands through her hair. "This thing is powerful and is chasing my sister aroud the world because of you, Cas."

"Angel's mate?" Sam asked, confused.

"Are you sure that's what he said?" Castiel asked.

"Yes!" Bonnie shouted.

"No need to shout." Lexi said as she appeared next to her sister with the faint sound of wings. "Hey." She nodded at the table.

"Lexi - are you...?" Sam asked.

"I don't have long." Lexi interrupted, "But I'm fine, thank you. It almost caught me a little while back - said something about needing my blood for some kind of ritual."

"Anything else?" Dean asked as Sam wrote down what was said.

"I noticed one of the symbols from Uncle Steve's collection - looks like it is one of those." Lexi said to her sister. "And I recognised the form of the thing - it's an almost exact replica of a true demon form. I saw it while we were in Hell 3 years ago."

"A replica? You sure?" Bonnie asked.

"Yeah - that real one had orange eyes, this one has purple. Besides we all saw the same thing."

"What's that mean?" Dean asked.

"A demon's true form can only be seen in Hell or by an angel - or fellow demon." Castiel replied.

"Right." Lexi paused and cocked her head, listening to something none of them could here before she shook herself and moved towards the table. She grabbed Sam's pen and notebook before sketching a quick design. "This is the symbol. I gotta go." And she walked quickly round the table to kiss Castiel before disappearing with the sound of feathers.

"Right. Let's figure this out quickly - she can't carry on flying around forever." Bonnie said as she walked over to the table and picked up the notebook to scan the sketch.