Between Vampires And Family

Chapter 9

"Well, Bon Bon - it's all pagan and I should probably go ask Odin about it. I'll let you know as soon as I'm done." Gabe said as he flew away.

"Wait! Gabriel!" Bonnie shouted, before sighing and shaking her head and walking back into Bobby's. "Gabe's got a lead. Said it's pagan and he's gone to tak to Odin." She said as she sat down with the others.

"Well - that's nice of him." Bobby grumbled. "Did he happen to mention what it was before flitting off?"

"No." Bonnie replied, "And he's really gotta stop doing that? Lex has told him more than once to explain before leaving."

"Have you told her that Gabriel has a lead?" Sam asked as Dean handed Bonnie a beer.

"Awww, crap." Bonnie muttered, pulling out her phone and calling her sister.

*"Hey Bon."*

"Hey - just calling to update."

*"Okay. What's up?"*

"I called Gabe down to ask for his help."

*"Yeah. And?"*

"He said that it was pagan and that he had to talk to Odin." Bonnie paused before adding, "And then he left."

*"Damnit! How many times do I have to tell Gabriel to explain himself?"*

"I know. You doing okay?"

*"Yeah - Cas came and left his coat a couple of minutes ago. He left just before you rang to go get some food."*

"Cool. Well - we should have everything sorted out soon."

*"Yeah, I know. Just a sec..."* There was a pause and Bonnie could hear Lexi talking in the background. *"Cas says that it's chasing something else at the moment. It should be safe to come over for a little while."*

"Okay. See you in a little bit." Bonnie said before turning the phone off just as Lexi and Castiel appeared in the room.

"Nice coat." Dean chuckled as he took in Lexi's small frame wrapped in Jimmy/Castiel's trench coat.

"I know." Lexi smirked putting her hands in the pockets and looking around the room. "Wow - you guys really brought out all the old books."

"It's trying to kill you." Bonnie stated.

"Not necessarily. It could have just wanted a small amount of blood for a ritual or something. Hell - I don't know what it wanted." Lexi said as Bonnie just looked at her. "Stop looking at me like that - none of us know what it wanted. That's the point of the research. And my running halfway around the world."

"We know that's it's pagan. We can rule out anything else and just concentrate on pagan god mythology." Sam said into the silence that followed.

"Alright, pass a book." Lexi said, taking a book from Bobby and finding a place to sit. Castiel took a book off of a pile and sat next to Lexi.

The others followed suit and soon they were all knee deep in research.

2 Hours Later...

"Anyone want a drink?" Sam asked as he stood up and stretched before walking towards the kitchen.

There was a bang as the front door was kicked off it's hinges and landed halfway down the hallway.

"Get the doors!" Bonnie yelled as she ran to the study door and started to close it. Sam shut the kitchen door and barricaded it while Dean and Bobby did the same with the doors leading to the living room.

Claws stopped the door Bonnie was trying to close and she cried out as they starting pushing the door open. Lexi and Castiel rushed to help her and they managed to get the claws out off the way and close the door. Lexi and Bonnie barricaded the door.

They looked at each other as the thing on the other side of the door started shrieking and pounding on the door.