‹ Prequel: I'm Not All That
Sequel: Till Death Us Do Part

It's Been Four Years

College Year 4

Dean pushed his front door open, smiling when he saw Castiel and four other people in the living room. He dropped his keys on to the phone-table and shrugged his jacket off.

"Throwing a party, Cas?"

Castiel looked up from his seat in the middle of the sofa and smiled at his boyfriend; "we have a class project. Good day at work?"

"I'm absolutely filthy, so I'd say yes."

Dean quickly looked around at Cas' friends - Tessa and Victor he'd met a few years earlier and quite liked; Bela Talbot who he'd been quickly introduced to at a party; and a creepily stern looking guy named Virgil, who Dean definitely didn't like and forever teased him with Thunderbirds references - which went over his head.

"I assume you're going to go shower?"

"Yeah. Have fun being a geek."

Dean marched past everyone, pausing to give Castiel a quick peck on the lips, and stepped in to the bathroom. He showered quickly - he felt uncomfortable showering with people in the house - and got changed in to his ratty I-don't-plan-on-leaving-the-house jeans and his worn-out AC/DC shirt, wandering back in to the living room, scrubbing his hair dry with a towel.

"Anyone want a drink? I know Cas is a terrible host! I was going to put some coffee on."

Tessa smiled up at him; "I'll have a coffee please, Dean."

"What tea do you have?" Bela asked, her British accent grating as she shot him a seductive smile.

"Twinings, black. It's all Cas'll drink."

"I'll have some of that please."

Virgil just glared, saying nothing; Castiel and Victor just asked for a glass of water. Dean nodded and went in to the kitchen, beginning to make the drinks. A few moments later, Bela wandered in, a suspiciously innocent expression on her face.

"You all right?"

"Just came to help. I'm very specific about my tea."

"Oh, all right."

Dean looked away for a few moments, when he looked up, Bela was crowding up to him.

"Bela?"

"Can I ask you something?"

"Um...?"

"Would it be at all possible for us to have some filthy sex?"

Dean's eyes widened; "excuse me?"

"I need to get laid - apparently so do you - and I'd really like some no-strings-attached sex with someone positively gorgeous... You."

Dean began spluttering, pushing Bela away from him; "what the Hell is wrong with you?"

Bela frowned, folding her arms over her chest; "oh come on, Dean. I know about the arrangement you have with Castiel!"

"Just because I'm allowed doesn't mean I'm going to! Where do you get off on asking me to cheat on my boyfriend?"

"Since it's not really cheating! He doesn't care!"

"Of course he cares, you whore! And I care! I'm not sleeping with anyone other than Castiel!"

Upon hearing the explosive argument, everyone appeared at the kitchen doorway. Bela snorted.

"Please, Dean. I know about you! You've slept with half of the university! I'm surprised you even bother wearing pants! You're the whore here!"

Dean glanced over at Cas, frowning at how sad he looked; "the fucking nerve on you! You come in to my home, proposition me, then accuse me of sleeping around when I turn you down? There is something seriously wrong with you, girl! You'd better fucking sort yourself out!"

Bela smirked; "look at you, getting all defensive. You didn't even deny it!"

"It's none of your fucking business! I know I haven't slept with anyone, it is not for you to accuse me of otherwise! Now get the fuck out!"

"What?"

"Get. Your disgusting ass. Out of my fucking home, before I forcibly remove it!"

Bela glared, standing her ground; "we have a project to do."

"I couldn't give a fucking shit! You are not welcome here! Now get the fuck out!"

"Fine!"

She barged past everyone in to the living room, gathering her things before marching out, slamming the door shut behind her. Everyone else glanced around at each other nervously.

"We should go," Victor mumbled, going to pack away his own things. Virgil glared at Dean.

"If we fail this project now, I'm-"

"-Can it, Thunderbird 2! Do I look like I'm in the fucking mood?"

Tessa squeezed Dean's arm reassuringly and began packing her things away too.

"See you tomorrow, Cas," Victor said, smiling meekly. Castiel nodded, awkwardly playing with the hem of his shirt. The three students left, leaving Dean and Cas in an awkward silence. Dean let out a deep sigh, frowning at Castiel avoiding his gaze.

"Look, Cas-"

"-It's okay, Dean," Cas sigh, slumping down on the sofa; "I mean... I did say you could. I gave you permission."

"But I haven't, Cas! You are the only person I've shared a bed with since we got together!"

"Even so, even if you had slept with... With half of the university..."

Castiel bit his lip, unable to finish his sentence.

"Stupid bitch," Dean mumbled. He let out a long sigh and dropped to his knees in front of Castiel. Cas kept his eyes glued on his hands.

"Cas... I have never, and will never sleep with anyone else."

"Dean, it's fine!"

"No it's not! I don't know why she said what she did, but there's only one person in this university I'd ever sleep with! And right now he can't even look at me."

Cas sighed; "Dean-"

"-Castiel Novak, look at me, please!"

Cas looked in to Dean's eyes, a little unnerved - Dean never used his full name. Dean cupped his boyfriend's cheek, rubbing it softly with his thumb.

"Cas, I swear on Sam's life, I haven't slept with anyone other than you in our four years together. Okay? You remember how upset I was when you first gave me permission to sleep around, and I refused to betray you! And that was when I was perpetually horny and never got any! I've grown up, Cas, and we've got a good thing going. Why would I ruin that, when I have you? You! Who tries his damn hardest to make sure I'm taken care of! You put so much trust in to me to look after you when we get a little frisky! I'd so much rather have the occasional grope with you than regular sex with strangers.
"Fuck, Cas. I fucking adore you! I worship the damn ground you walk on! I have done for four long, perfect years!"

Castiel smiled his eyes beginning to sting as tears threatened to build up at Dean's rare declaration of love. Dean began fingering the bulge in his pocket, staring in to Cas' eyes, almost beginning to tear up himself at the sight of Cas' watery eyes.

"Fuck, if this isn't a crappy situation... But as good an opportunity as ever... Castiel," Dean reached in to his pocket, pulling out a small black jewellery box; "I've been wanting to ask you all week, tried thinking up perfect situations to... I've had the ring since last Thursday, but... Cas... You've got to marry me, dude!"

Castiel barked out a laugh as Dean ruined yet another romantic moment, throwing his arms around the larger boy's shoulders pulling him in to a tight hug. He began sobbing in to the crook of Dean's neck, too happy to hold back his tears, clinging on to Dean for dear life. He eventually pulled away, looking down at the silver band with green and blue gems in it. Dean smiled, waiting patiently for Castiel to get over the shock. He finally looked back up in to Dean's eyes, still unable to stop the tears.

"Of course I will! I love you so, so much, Dean. You're my life!"

Dean's resolve finally broke as a small tear began it's journey down his cheek. He quickly pulled the ring out, slipping it on to his boyfriend's finger before cupping his face with both hands.

"You're too beautiful to cry, Cas. Stop it. Now... Even so, I still love you when you're all gross and dribbly, like this!"

Castiel huffed out a quiet laugh, grabbing the back of Dean's head and slamming their lips together in a wet, passionate kiss.