Sequel: Wild & Young
Status: Back from hiatus

Loverboy

13. This is your night with arms wide open

“You have everything?” Jay looked over at Hennessey as she finished gathering the last of her items.

She nodded mutely, shoving her charger into her bag. She looked at Gemma who was now flipping through channels lazily on the television. “Are you sure you’ll be fine by yourself?” Hennessey asked for what felt like the hundredth time that hour.

Gemma rolled her eyes. Hennessey and Jay would be going on their first weekend away together since they had started seeing each other. Gemma had assured her that she would be fine, albeit a bit bored, but fine nonetheless. The last thing she wanted to do was ruin their weekend after this had been all Hennessey could talk about throughout the week.

“Why don’t you call Nathan?” Hennessey suggested. Gemma looked down, avoiding her gaze. She shrugged nonchalantly.

She had been avoiding Nathan since they had shared that kiss a week ago. Gemma was standing firm on her position to remain professional; only talking to Nathan when necessary and being cordial when needed. However it was alienating her from just about everyone except Jayne since she remained shut in her office most of the time.

Hennessey had noticed Gemma becoming a bit of a shut in lately. But Gemma has threatened her if she didn’t leave the house with Jay. “Just call if you need me.” Hennessey said. Hennessey slipped on her shoes and said her final goodbyes before shutting the door behind her and Jay.

Gemma sighed, thankful to have a moment free without Hennessey’s fretting. The Office played on the screen, but Gemma hardly paid attention. Michael Scott was always great for a laugh, but Gemma couldn’t get into the episode. It was a quiet house. Too quiet.

She picked up her phone, scrolling through the few texts she had from her sister and the one that just came in from Hennessey asking if she was sure she was alright. She paused on the last text from Nathan from three days asking what was going on. She found herself dialing the all too familiar contact, waiting anxiously for the other line to pick up.

“Hey,” she said. “Are you busy?” She asked.

No sooner than she called was Nathan already showing up at Gemma’s door. He had tried not to appear so desperate, but as soon as Gemma’s name flashed up on his phone he answered immediately.

Nathan told himself in the car he would demand some answers for her behavior towards him. He would be firm, but fair. He would listen, but wouldn’t give in. His feelings were not a toy to be played with. She would either be with him or be his friend. No more avoidance.

As soon as she opened the door though he felt his resolve waiver. The next thing he knew, their lips were crashing onto one another’s and their clothes were flying off. Just when he was wrapping his mind around what was going on, they were both collapsing on the bed, breathless. And avoiding eye contact.

“What just happened?” He asked, staring up at the ceiling. His hand searched for hers absentmindedly, hers not pulling away once it was found.

She matched his gaze towards the ceiling. “This stays between us.” She stated, pulling the covers up to her naked chest.

“What is this?” He asked, using his free hand to gesture between them.

Gemma sighed, blowing a strand of hair out of her face. “A stress relief.” She answered for lack of better wording.

“Stress relief.” Nathan repeated. This last week of them not talking had killed him. He was all too happy to take whatever attention she was giving him. “I guess I can’t complain too much.”

“It was pretty great.” She smiled in agreement. “I could get used to this.”

“So you’re just using my body for your own pleasure?” He asked, feigning hurt.

She sat up and slapped his chest. “No. That’s not what I meant and you know it!” She laughed causing him to follow suit.

“Well whatever it is, I’m all in.” He said, now turning to face her.

“Don’t tell a soul, Sykes.” She said, looking at him seriously. Whether in secret or being known, Nathan would take her anyway he could.

“Promise.” He said, getting up. “I just gotta go to the bathroom.”

He walked down the hall, turning on the light switch and shutting the door behind him. Just as he began washing his hands, the door flew open. A green looking Jay flung himself over the toilet and began to vomit violently.

Nathan looked down at him alarmed until he was finished. Jay flushed the toilet and sat back before finally noticing Nathan looking at him. “Why are you naked?” Jay asked.

Nathan’s hands instinctively covered his member. He could feel himself turning a deep shade of crimson.

“Jay!” Hennessey’s voice rang out. “Are you okay?” She emerged in the bathroom, but stopped at the sight of Nathan. “Oh my god.” She said, eyeing him up and down.

“Why are you naked?” Jay repeated.

Gemma appeared at Hennessey’s side, tying her robe around her tightly. “Oh god.” She muttered to herself, looking at the scene that laid out in front of her.

“What’s going on?” Hennessey asked, though she now had an idea.

“What’re you doing back?” Gemma asked, hastily avoiding the subject at hand.

“Jay got sick.” Hennessey answered. “I told him not to eat the service station sushi.” She rolled her eyes at the memory of telling him he would be sick and him shrugging her off. “Did you guys just...?” Hennessey asked, trailing off knowing full well what had happened between them but wanting them to admit to it instead.

“Why’re you naked?!” Jay asked once more, growing green.

Gemma sighed defeated. She couldn’t hide it now. Her and Nathan had all but been caught in the act. “Yes.” She squared her shoulders confidently.

“Well then.” Hennessey said. What else could she say? “I’ll just be getting this guy out of your way then.” She pulled Jay up to his feet. “Cute butt.” She winked at Nathan, who could feel himself dying with embarrassment, as she helped Jay walk out.

“So much for staying between us.” Gemma said.