Sequel: Wild & Young
Status: Back from hiatus

Loverboy

2. You never got to heaven, but you got real close.

"This doesn't make me look fat?" Gemma asked, craning her neck to look at herself properly. She'd been fretting all afternoon about what she would wear or how she looked. It had nothing to do with the fact that she was hanging out with the Wanted. She just wanted to give off the right impression.

Hennessey, her cousin, who also happened to be her best friend and roommate and eventually tour guide around Gemma's new home city, gave her a stern look. "Don't even." She said curtly, not wanting to dwell on this subject.

"Right." Gemma leaned forward to applied another layer of lip gloss, hoping to cover her new chapped lips that were not yet accustomed to the UK's weather. "Ready?" Gemma asked Hennessey, looking at her through the bathroom mirror. Hennessey nodded not even bothering to hide the excited smile on her face. Hey, it wasn't everyday she got to hang out with famous people.

Gemma pushed through the mob of sweaty people at the club, finally breathing a sigh of relief once she reached VIP. "Hey!" A chorus of cheers erupted from inside.

"You made it!" Tom exclaimed, raising his hands triumphantly.

Gemma smiled at him, looking at them all. "Did you think I'd miss a party like this?" She laughed lightly. "I hope you don't mind, I brought along my cousin, Hennessey."

"The more the merrier!" Max exclaimed, pouring both Gemma and Henessey a glass of wine. Gemma smiled appreciatively, grateful for some alcohol to calm her nerves. She looked around and saw Jay and Hennessey were already hitting it off, laughing together about something.

"Care for a dance, Gemma?" Tom asked, smiling at her.

Gemma smiled and nodded, "I'd thought you'd never ask, sir."

She took his hand and he led her out of the VIP and onto the dance floor were Jay was dancing with Hennessey already. Gemma moved her body with the beat, keeping in tune with Tom. "You're not so bad, Parker!" She yelled over the music.

"Thank you, miss....?" Tom trailed off implying for her to say her last name.

"Gemma's fine." Gemma replied, smiling flirtaciously. Tom shrugged it off and continued dancing with her only to soon be joined by Max, and Siva.

"Gemma sandwich!" They all yelled, moving in closer.

"Oh, this not something I want to be apart of!" She joked, and slipped out before she could be enclosed between their sweaty bodies.

She looked at her watch and sighed. She had an early call tomorrow, and knew the boys did too. Though by the looks of it that was the least of their concerns. Her eyes scanned the crowd, catching Hennessey still dancing with Jay, both who seemed to be completely entranced in each other. She smiled at the sight of them. Not wanting to end her cousin's night, Gemma decided she would catch a cab home and text Hennessey letting her know about her whereabouts.

Gemma stepped out in the cold London air, the bass of the music from inside following her out. She rubbed her arms trying to provide some kind of warmth for her small frame.

"Here." A deep voice said. Gemma jumped at the sound and turned around to come face to face with Nathan. He held up his hands and smiled. "Sorry. I didn't mean to scare you."

"It's cool, bro." Gemma replied, her hand over her racing heart.

"Here." Nathan said again, holding out his jacket. "It's a bit cool."

"Thanks," Gemma smiled, taking the jacket from him. She slid her tiny arms into the warm sleeve and tried to ignore the scent that was now surrounding her senses. She walked to the edge of the sidewalk and raised her hand, hoping to hail a taxi only to see it speed by instead. She groaned in frustration.

"Heading home early?" Nathan asked, noticing how big his jacket looked on her.

"Trying to." She laughed, failing to catch another taxi.

"I'll take you home." He offered sincerely.

"You sure?" She turned to look at him. "You won't be ditching the guys or anything?"

Nathan shook his head. "Naah, I was just about to head home anyways. Early call tomorrow."

"Well I'm glad one of you remember!" Gemma exclaimed, making Nathan laugh. Nathan led the way to his car parked just around the corner in the parking garage. Both got in, staying silent as he started the car and backed out of the space.

Awkward silence. Neither knowing what to say or where to start. "You look nice tonight." Nathan said, silently cursing himself for thinking of that lame compliment.

"Thank you." She smiled brightly at him.

"So where are you from?" Nathan asked, drumming his fingers on the steering wheel.

Gemma kept her gaze out the window and answered, "New York."

"Ah, the big..." Nathan trailed off, not quite remembering what its nickname was.

"Apple." Gemma laughed.

Nathan laughed and nodded. "Yeah, that. So what is it you did there?"

"Oh, just you know. This and that." She answered evasively. She certainly wasn't ready to dwelve into the sea of her past, least not with someone she worked for. This was her chance for a fresh start, and hopefully no one would find out about her old modeling career. Or lack of one.

"You weren't a convicted felon, were you?" Nathan joked.

"Definitely not. Do you know how many background checks I had to go through to get this job?" They both laughed at the ridiculousness of the application process. "They had to make sure I wasn't some obsessive, crazy fan."

"Well, we do have alot."

"Who could resist an adorable face like this?" She said, reaching over to pinch his cheek. He laughed and pushed hand away gently. "Just left up here and down a ways." Nathan nodded, following her directions and turning left, driving straight afterwards until he got to the end.

He let out a low whistle. "Nice." He commented.

"Yeah, it's pretty nice." Gemma commented. Of course she wasn't one to complain since it had been the label that bought the house for her. And it was an absolutely beautiful house at the end of a cul-de-sac away from the noises of the city. "Thank you." She flashed him a smile, before grabbing her stuff and opening the car door. "Oh, here." She remembered she still had his jacket on and began to slip it off.

"Oh, just give it back tomorrow or something. Can't have our new manager catching a cold." Nathan smiled up at her.

"Right." Gemma said, glancing at the short distance from the car to the door. "Thanks again. I'll see you tomorrow."

"Bright and early." He replied. She nodded and shut the door. Nathan's eyes never left her as he watched her walk to the door and safely step inside, before he finally put the car and reverse and backed out beginning his journey home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Gemma's outfit
Hennessey's outfit

Thanks for the comments so far. It really is greatly appreciated.
Leave some more please, ya?

comment and subscribe!