Sequel: Wild & Young
Status: Back from hiatus

Loverboy

8. Leave the scene smelling of dead roses

"Do we have everything?" Hennessey asked, looking out at the assortment of goodies and snacks that lay spread out on the coffee table in front of her. Jay nodded and spread his legs out in front of him, resting his feet on the coffee table by a bowl of popcorn.

"Jay," Gemma stated as politely as she could muster. She was getting an unsettling feeling in her stomach seeing Jay's feet by her food. "Could you like not put your feet near the food?"

"But I'm comfortable," He protested, stuffing a few reese's pieces in his mouth.

"Gem's right, babe." Hennessey said, stepping over Jay's feet and placing herself inbetween Gemma and Jay. "It's disgusting. And I'm sure unsanitary." Jay move his feet gingerly trying not knock over any of the food and planting them firmly on the ground. Hennessey thanked him and snuggled up closer to Jay as he wrapped his arm around her, pulling her in closer.

Gemma scrunched up her nose, slightly envious of the couple. Just 24 hours ago she was doing just the same with William. And now he wasn't talking to her, ignoring any and all attempts she made to get in contact with him. After a while she finally gave up, realizing he probably just needed his space. But that still wouldn't stop her from hoping that he would call soon and trying not to vomit at the sight of Jay and Hennessey.

The doorbell chimed and Gemma jumped up all too quickly, happy to distance herself from the pair. "Probably Siva." She said, "Wouldn't want to keep him waiting." She explained, trying to justify her actions for getting up so fast to the two that were giving her a strange look.

She excused herself and walked to the door. She opened it, but the warm smile on her face fell once she saw William standing on her doorstep. Clean shaven, hair combed back, dressed like a gentleman in a crisp Dolce and Gabbana suit, William smiled suavely at her. Instead of sending her swooning like he normally would, she felt an uneasy feeling start to vacate her stomach.

"Hello love." He greeted in his deep voice. "Can we talk?" Gemma stood, staring in subtle shock still. "love?" She snapped out of it quickly and moved to the side allowing him to come through.

She closed the door behind him and led him to the kitchen just to the left of him. Both took a seat on the barstools seated at the kitchen island. Gemma nervously twirled her hair in her hand, anxiously awaiting what he was going to say. Sure he was going to break things off with her.

"I'm terribly sorry for the way I acted this morning." He said, catching her by surprised. He grabbed her small hands with his big, rough ones. She had never noticed how cold his hands were before feeling a chill go through her body.

"Oh?" Was all she could manage to squeak out. What else was she suppose to say? That it was okay? Because part of her wanted to fight back and tell him it wasn't okay.

Hennessey's laughter erupted from the next room. Both heads turned to the noise to see Hennessey strewn across Jay's lap, clutching her sides while she laughed. Jay had two licorice sticks hanging out from either side of his mouth. His elbows were pinned at his sides, attempting to clap his hands together obviously pretending to be a walrus. Gemma snorted with laughter, but stopped once she saw the stern look William was giving.

"Look love, I only want what's best for you." He said. She furrowed her eyebrows curious as to wear he was going with this. "I don't think you should surround yourself around people who are only going to bring you down."

"Excuse me?" She was taken aback. She leaned backwards away from him trying to think about what he was saying. She couldn't just stop hanging out with the boys, they were her friends and who she worked with. Hennessey was her family. She definitely couldn't just ignore her.

"I only say this because I care." William said. "What do you say we go get a drink?"

Gemma pulled her hands away from him. "You know you're right." She hopped off the bar, William following her a smug smile on his face thinking he had won. How could she have been so blind to this man? It was like her eyes were suddenly opened to the person he truly was.

She opened the door and he walked out. "Starting with you." William turned around confused, just now noticing she wasn't following him. "You talk over me, never asking for my opinion on things." She could feel the anger rising inside of her with each statement she made about him. "You never even bothered to get to know me. My name is Gemma, not love." She began to close the door, stopping just inches from his face. "And I fucking hate coffee!" She slammed the door, letting out a sigh of relief. He was certainly right about one thing, she didn't need people in her life bringing her down. And she was grateful she purged him right out.
♠ ♠ ♠
I suck for taking so long to get this out, I know.
I hit the writer's wall. Sorry.
I better have all subscribers comment on this.

Thank you for taking the time to read and please continue to do so.

Comment/subscribe.