Sequel: Wild & Young
Status: Back from hiatus

Loverboy

9. Loverboy

@Gemmaposes where are you?

@Gemmaposes completely fell off the face of the earth.

@Gemmaposes please don't let Slenderman be behind your disappearance.

Gemma frowned at the tweets bring directed at her. When she left modeling she didn't think it would make this much of an impact. She didn't even realize her fanbase was that big. Sure, it might have mostly been of the male variety ranging for ages 12-30, but it was still a nice ego boost.

Hennessey's giggles were heard through the walls a d Gemma felt her gag reflex kick in. Whilst she was incredibly happy for her cousin, she could have done without the sound effects. She reached her short arm up and gave two hits on the wall. She heard a muffled "sorry," followed by more giggling. Gemma shook her head and reached over and turned on her ipod, Tallhart instantly filling the speakers.

So much for a Harry Potter marathon. It was only just a few hours ago that William had left the house fuming over being dumped. Gemma excused herself shortly after, not looking forward to being the third wheel since Siva had completely bailed out.

Gemma got up going to her macbook pro and shaking the mouse awake. The least she could do was tell her followers she wasn't dead. She logged onto her twitter, but her words seemed to fail her. She would type, delete it, then retype. Did she really want to be found?

Just as she began to hit the keys again there was a furious knock at the door accompanied with an incessant ringing of the doorbell. She quickly turned off the monitor and sped walked through the house, hearing Jay groan through the wall and nearly knocking into snack laden coffee table. The knocking grew louder the closer she got.

"I'm coming!" She yelled before finally reaching out and yanking open the door. "Oh my god!"

Before her stood Siva, Tom, and Max supporting a battered Nathan. His left eye was supporting a violent shade of purple and black while his nose had dried blood that had trickled down the rest of his face.

"What the hell happened?" She shrieked, moving aside to let them through. Nathan's head lolled to the side to look at Gemma as he was carried past her. They laid him on the couch as Gemma went into the kitchen, pulling out a frozen bag of peas from the freezer for Nathan's eye. Max and George followed her in.

"We were down at the pub 'aving a bevvy," Max began. "When he saw William."

"Chatting up some lass," Tom continued. "Made Nathan proper mad. Said he had no right running 'round on you. Thought he'd defend your honour he did."

"Only problem was William has a meaner punch." Max said.

"All a bit romantic in a sense." Tom said, leaning against the kitchen island and smiling mischievously at Gemma. "Can't deny it warms your heart."

"I'm melting." Gemma said, staring at them both with a bemused expression. She walked out and down the steps to the sunken living room where Nathan was on the couch with Siva beside him. Jay and Hennessey had now entered the room, hair slightly messy but clothes still intact at least.

Gemma slapped the bag of peas on his eye. Nathan yelled out in pain. "Gemmy," Hennessey said in alarm. Gemma was growing more mad by the second. Getting in a bar fight. How was this going to look when it went public? The press was going to spin this out oof control. What if slmeone decided to press charges? That was the last thing she needed.

"What the hell is wrong with you?" She yelled, placing her hands on her hips and looking down at him with a stern look. "Picking a bar fight with someone twice as big as you!"

"Way to add insult to injury. Literally." Siva sympathized, looking at Nathan with a sad look on his face.

"Okay everyone out." Gemma said, looking at the lot. No one made the effort to move. "Now!" She yelled in a tone making everyone cringe. They scrambled to their feet, each heading in different directions. Nathan struggled to get up, but Gemma pushed him back down. "You. Stay. I'm not done with you." Nathan sank back down under her menacing stare.

"Go easy on him." Hennessey said, as she passed by Gemma with Jay in tow. "It is sweet what he did." Gemma rolled her eyes and pushed them both out of the room.

She sighed and walked back over to Nathan, kneeling on the floor beside him. He pulled he peas off his face and looked her. "I don't know what came over me." He said. "I just saw him with his hands all over that other woman and I thought of you. And how you don't deserve that."

They were silent as they stared at each other. Gemma not knowing the right words to say as it seemed Nathan always did. "C'mon. Let's get you out of these bloody clothes." She smiled, pulling him to his feet and leading him up stairs.

She closed the bathroom door behind them and turned on the tap, running the water over a soft cloth. "Nathan." She sighed softly, her expression softening. He looked at her with the expression of a child that had just disappointed their mother. "Why d'you do it?"

"I told you. I saw him with that other woman and something in me just snapped." He winced slightly as she applied the cloth to his cheek and began wiping away at the dried blood. His cheek was tingling at where her finger stood poised to keep him from fidgeting. She stayed silent waiting for him to continue. "You deserve a guy that's not going to run around on you and treat you like dirt. You're amazing, and if he couldn't see what was right in front of him then I was gonna beat it into him if I had to."

Gemma felt a warm hue rising in her cheeks. She smiled at him and said with certainty, "Well that's very kind of you. You'll be happy to know I've cut him loose earlier tonight."

Nathan let out a snort of laughter. "That's just my luck innit?" Gemma shook her head as she pulled a box of bandaids from the medicine cabinet. She pulled one out, unwrapped it and placed it gingerly on the cut that she was just dabbing at.

"I do appreciate the gesture." She said, leaning against the counter to look at him. "How many girls can say Nathan Sykes fought for their honor?" He blushed and looked down at his feet. "I've got total bragging rights. Nathan Sykes, my hero!" She pretended to swoon, placing her hand over her heart. He gently pushed her and she pushed back. "But seriously, I does make my heart flutter a bit." He snapped his head up to look at her. "Next time though, try not to punch anyone. I can't have you messing up this pretty face of yours."

Nathan laughed and nodded. "Will do boss." He couldn't help but feel relieved that William was out of her life now. Not even thinking about how he could finally sidle in and possibly have a chance with her, but about how much he was enjoying the moment between them right now.

"Oh! I've got something for you." She turned on the bose speaker behind her on the counter that had her ipod docked on it. He looked at her curiously as she scrolled through the various music. "Jayne gave this to me to listen to the other day and I've kinda become hooked."

The bathroom was then filled with the beginning chords of Gold Forever, followed by Tom's beautiful voice. The recognition hit Nathan. "Wait, is this--?" Nathan asked, the smile on his face growing. Even he hadn't heard any of their new music yet.

"It's just a rough cut, but I love it." She said. As the tempo picked up, she grabbed his hand. "Dance with me!" Nathan being very mucb obliged, spun her around and the two danced. Not caring who saw their silly moves or crazy faces. They were too busy being wrapped up in themselves and the moment.

@Gemmaposes I'm still here.
♠ ♠ ♠
So I broke through my wall of laziness and updated.
What do y'all think?

Comment/subscribe.