Status: Continue or not?

What If I Said...

What if I said...

I awoke down by the black lake and instantly realize it must be after curfew. The night was dark and the stars and moon where shining back to me. "Oh no," I thoughts exploded, "I must of fallen asleep by the lake.” I remembered being incredibly tired earlier that evening. I have to get back to my dorm."

I grabbed all my things and ran for the huge doors of the Hogwarts castle. Once inside I tip-toed past a few deserted class rooms then took off running with reckless abandon. I almost made it to my destination, but things can never be that easy can they?

When I rounded the last corner, I crashed violently into some one. I glanced up only long enough to see that he or she wasn't a teacher then I grabbed things and kept right on going until I heard an annoying drawl come from behind me.

"Going somewhere so fast Granger?"

My eyes couldn’t have rolled any harder if I tried, "What the hell do you what Malfoy?"

His eyes light up, he was going to play tonight. "Hey Granger, say my name again."

"WHAT?" I asked incredulously, I have better things to be doing right now… like not getting caught.

"It sounds… well, kinda sexy when you say my name like that," He looked at me with a gaze that prompted the return of fire.

"Are you sick, do you need to go see the nurse?" I spit.

"No I need you to say my name again." He muttered huskily, closer than before.

I was beginning to take interest in the conversation now, you can’t blame me. Even through the years of painful insults and humiliations, he was still one of the most handsome boys at Hogwarts."What if I said no, Malfoy."

"Then I'd beg." He said. His grey eyes piercing my honey brown ones.

"What if I still said no?"

Something changed in his eyes…"Then I'd ask what you just would do if I told you I loved you?" He smirked but seemed to lose his air of confidence.

"Then, Malfoy, I would say I was planning my suicide and the whole world would begin to crumble."

Did a look of hurt dance through his eyes? "Awww...Mione It couldn't be that bad could it?" He took a step away from me.

"What was that?" I said only slightly catching the variation of my name.

"What was what?"He smirked; if I thought his confidence was gone I was sadly mistaken.

"That, that you called me, say it again I like it."

"No, I will not say that again because you won't say my name."

I glared at the boy, must he always be this insufferable? "Malfoy, Malfoy, Malfoy, fucking Draco Malfoy."

"What was that last part?" He laughed.

"Nothing you idiot get your mind out of the gutter."I couldn’t help but to laugh along with him. "Please tell me what you called me."

"Okay Mione." he smiled… not smirked, he smiled. He looked strikingly childlike and happy.

"Mione, I like that, so back to what we were saying before. What would you say if I said I loved you?" I only asked as to keep up the conversation, I don’t know what has kept me here thus far and what hasn’t urged me to leave.

"I would say I love you too." After he said this he turned his back towards me and began to walk away.

"What wait,” My world spun around me, and before I could stop myself I ran after him. I slowed my pace and began to walk alongside him, no longer even worrying the least about being caught. "Stop and talk to me." I demanded.

But he wouldn’t. I grabbed his shoulder and forced him around to look at me, and the moment those smoldering eyes hit mine something stirred in my stomach. “Draco what’s going on? Do you actually have feelings for me?"

He stood silently, wringing his hands for a moment before speaking, "Yes Hermione I really think I do… I’ve been brooding over this all semester.”

I couldn’t breathe for a moment, and then the side of me that rarely shine came out to play. I looked at him, his eyes still full of question, and boldly stated, "Really Draco, you have feelings for poor little mudblood, Gryffindor me? Then prove it."

His stance changed and he quickly replyied, "Do you really want me to show you, Mione? Do you think you can handle it?” His earlier emotions were replaced firmly with a smirk.

I don’t know what I was thinking, or maybe I wasn’t at all, but I challenged him. "Yeah, show me," and with that he pushed me back against the wall. His eyes met mine and there wasn’t an inch of room between our bodies. Our chests moved back and forth as neither of us had full control of our breathing at this point. He was so close, so dangerously close that I wanted him—and he could tell. His lips crashed down roughly upon mine in rushed manner, but my body reacted pleasantly.
Truth is this—this kiss—is exhilarating. Was it the thrill of being caught or maybe it was the fact that somewhere deep down there was a burning passion that no one had ever awakened like said boy just had. Either way I like it. He slowly moved his kisses from my lips closer to my ear and said in a low rumble, "Is this enough to show you I'm not lying?"

He nipped my neck, and I was doing my best to slip out a shaky, “Yes." Then he returned to ravaging my face and neck, and I varied between wondering what was going on and biting my lip as to not do something else.

There were footsteps in the distant corridor coming closer, but we didn't take notice we were both far too concentrated on a new world of sensation.

"How disgusting, Mr.Malfoy Ms.Granger, what are we up to this fine evening,” drawled Professor Snape.

"Ummmm....Nothing a lot sir, we were just,” said Draco stumbled as he tried to sweet talk his way out of whatever punishment we were bound to receive.

"Stop your sniveling Mr.Malfoy, 10 points from Slytherin for lying,” He looked visibly sick. “and 50 points from Gryffindor for whatever you were doing with your faces, now get back to your dorms. Now!" He physically shuddered and turned on his heel, heading off.

Draco looked at me, “I’ll never hear the end of this, but I really couldn’t care less.” He leaned toward me for another kiss, but this time I shied away. “After all that you’re going to run for a peck?” I giggled I guess I was being silly and leaned up to peck his lips, but not pulling away before nipping at his bottom lip. “Hey now, play nice.” Draco pushed me away playfully and grabbed my hand walking me toward my common room.
When we reached the portrait he faced me and gently kissed my lips, and I thought to myself, this could be the beginning of a beautiful thing.

"Yeah it could.” he whispered.

"Did I really say that out loud?"

"Yes you did, but it’s okay because I was thinking it too." He smiled. “Now you go in there and get some rest, tomorrow we face the world… together. If that’s what you want, that is.”

“It is.” I smile and blush a little; never in a million years did I see this coming.

"Goodnight, Mione.” he said turning his back and walking away.
“G’night.” I said to his disappearing figure.

I walked into the common room surprised to see one person still up, “Ginny…” I hesitated.

"Herms, where have you been?” she asked.

I decided to be vague and bold all in one, hell, why not. "I'll just say I've been with Draco Malfoy in the west corridor, and we've been playing a dangerous game of ‘What If’."

"What?”

"Just… uhh… Draco and I may be an item now." I stated and scrambled up the stairs, leaving Ginny to digest the new information alone.
♠ ♠ ♠
So this was originally written several years ago; I looked back and was dissatisfied with how poorly it was written. So here’s the new chapter, tell me how it is. Now that it’s revamped I might continue with it. Should I?