Status: Layout Fixed.

Night Call

015

"Somewhere after midnight
In my wildest fantasies
Somewhere just beyond my reach
There's someone reaching back for me
Racing on the thunder and rising with the heat
Isn’t there a superman to sweep me off my feet."

Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero


This is what every Twi-hard has dreamt of. Everyone who as ever read the books or watched the movies has dreamt of this moment, the moment they can become on with story and be as near to it as they can, going as far as to day-dreaming of the day they meet them. I dreamt of this day. I have spent countless hours staring out of my bedroom window imagining how amazing it would be to meet with the Cullens and the Wolf Pack - how awesome the experience would be. I dreamed and dreamed, but now that it's finally come true, I want nothing more than to wake up.

I have to admit that it's not exactly as I picutred. It's not as 'ooh' and 'ahh' as I imagined but more of a terrifying thrill. In my mind I had imagined a world where everything is as it should be and I was only a spectator, here to watch and observe the danger, not to be a part of its unfolding. Everything was very much a 2D world with a happy ending, and though I knew the ending of this story, it was no fairytale - and I had made just in time for the finale.

Just like every tale and story there are two sides, the dangerous and happily-ever-after the danger is no stranger to me. I've experienced the dangerous side of this tale plenty of times as well as the good. I've been left awestruck at some of the things I've seen. The wolves, for example. Seeing them up and close may have been terrifying, but when I thought back to how magnificent they were, how large and unbelievably beautiful, I see just how amazing this world can be. There are just as many beauties as there are dangers.

For instance, being here, in La Push at a bonfire with the wolves - there is nothing more amazing then that. Sitting here amongst them surrounding the fire is an experience all in its own, no words can describe how delighted and frightened I am. The sensations around me show me just how real it all is. The closeness of Jacob sitting next me and the warmth of his body is thrilling, not the way you may think. Even though I sit here between Jacob and Paul I can't help but wonder just how jealous my friends would be of me.

There was so much heat surrounding me. Between the wolves sitting on either side of me and the fire lit a few feet in front of me I no longer felt cold and now felt as if I were in a sauna. I could feel trickling of sweat building up beneath my sweater where Jacob's side was pressing against my back. His arm draped over my shoulder suffocated me with it's heat. I wanted to remove it but didn't want to come off as rude and have the boys snicker and tease Jacob, something I know they'd do, so I sucked it up.

We all sat there silently waiting for Billy to commence and tell the tale of the Quileute legends. It was no trouble for me to feign interest and awe, I felt like I really was being told the legends for the first time. It was so surreal and much more different from just reading them of the pages.

"The legend begins with the story of the spirit warriors... " he spoke of when the Quileutes were driven from their land by another tribe and how some of the warriors used their ability to leave their bodies in order to return home, where they wreaked havoc on the intruders by turning natural elements and animals against them. The his voiced was laced with rich emotion beneath his deep, hypnotic tone lay a warning of danger. Through his re-telling of the legends he took time to look into the eyes of everyone gathered around the fire. Staring deeply into their orbs one by one.

He began to tell of their chief, Taha Aki, who ruled the tribe in peace until one of his warriors, Utlapa, made plans to overthrow Taha Aki when he left his body to roam the woods in spirit.

"He took the chief's body and killed his own, making it look like Taka Aki's work. Out in the woods, Taha Aki met a big wolf and terrified of being without a body for so long, he asked the wolf to share his body with him: a werewolf was created. When Utlapa killed one of his best warriors, Taha Aki's rage transformed him into a man with the strength of a wolf."

After staring into the eyes of everyone his near-eyes landed on me. Though I've only met Billy Black once I knew of his dislike for the Cullens, but even that couldn't prepare for the look in his eyes - the seriousness they held. "He killed Utlapa." Passing the lapse of silence he turned away from me and looked to Sam who sat next to him. "Taha Aki's passed his gift to transform into a wolf to his many sons, all the way down to the current werewolves." He then looked to Jacob and and smiled thinly, shifting his eyes between us but his smile pulled into a frown.

"Then came the arrival of the 'Cold Ones.' When people of Taha Aki's tribe went missing, he sent his sons to find them. 'Cold Ones' murdered all but one of the missing people. Soon, the sons learned to fight the vampires by working together as a werewolf pack." At this the boys gathered around the fire except Sam and Jacob smirked, quirking their lips into mischievous and proud smiles, but they didn't last long as Billy continued to speak.

"The war between the 'Cold Ones' and werewolves ended with the arrival of the Cullens. Their leader, Carlisle Cullen, convinced the chief at that time, Ephraim Black, that they meant no harm and the two formed a treaty." At the mention of the Cullens all except Seth frowned in distaste.

"The treaty still exist today. That's why you, Bella and Jacob must meet at the line. The Cullens are never allowed to cross over into our land." I wanted to bring up the incident in the woods when they had nearly ripped me to pieces believing I was a vampire but felt it was too soon and certain wounds were too fresh, so I remained silent and nodded my head.

"What happens if they do?"

Next to me Paul spoke up with a fierce and aggressive tone, his rage seeming to seep into his voice. "We kill them." I could feel all eyes on me, waiting to see my reaction at his words. I didn't lash out and spit out words in defense, the last thing I wanted was to cause a rift in this group as well and held my tongue and nodded my head as I did with Sam.

'Are you satisfied?" Jacob's arm loosened around my shoulders, the cold air chilling my skin. "You wanted to know how and why."

I nodded. "Yeah, I am." I then quirked a smile, "I mean, it's good to know you guys aren't part of a science experiment." My attempt to lighten up the mood worked and the boys barked with laughter the way boys do - talking loudly, saying witty comebacks and playfully jabbing each others arms. The conversation then quickly moved to one of science experiments, superhero's and what type they would be or what power they would possess.

"What do you think, Evelyn? Would I be be hotter as Superman or Spiderman?" Jared asked as he began to do the Spiderman pose with his hands pretending his was shooting out webs, using the 'pss!' sound effect.

"Dude, Spiderman is so lame!" Quil charolted and Embry laughed along with his friend. He smacked Quil shoulder, obviously having something to add.

"Hey! Paul can be the Hulk!" This caused the boys to roar with laughter. Even Sam seemed to find the similarity humorous and chuckled along with his pack. Billy smiled as he looked over the boys.

"No way, man! I think the Hulk to too calm!" They continued to howl with laughter at the expense of Paul who grew more irritated with each passing moment. Their laughter was contagious and soon found myself laughing along with them, the jokes becoming funnier and funnier.

Jacob's arm was eventually removed from my shoulder and I sat straight between him and Paul. I knew Paul was the flirtatious type but also that he would soon imprint of Jacob's older sister, so there wasn't much to worry about. A half hour into the talks and laughs Jacob subtly tugged on my elbow catching my attention.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Just making sure. Thought it might be over-whelming meeting everyone tonight and then hearing the legends." His sincereness made me smile.

"I'm cool. Just adjusting to going back between hot and cold." I chuckled. He smiled and reached to wrap his arm around my shoulder again when I shivered.

"Ohh, Jake's making a move!" The boys started to do cat-calls and cheered Jacob on who glared back at them. I felt my face flush and buried my face into my hands trying to hide my embarrassment from them. More importantly I was trying to hide from Jacob's dad who I could hear laughing the loudest.

"Aw, she's shy!" Quil laughed. I could feel Jacob's arm wrap loosely around my shoulders, almost making an effort to not seem so intimate about it.

"Shut up, Quil!" His irritation was evident in his voice but it only seemed to make them laugh harder. I felt a laugh creeping up my throat and tried to hold it back, but their teasing was too much to take and I burst out laughing at another in-love joke they made about Jake and I. It was just all too funny.

"Jake and Evelyn, sitting in a tree!"

"Will you shut up!" I slowly lifted my head and peeked between my fingers to see that Jacob's cheeks were a tinge darker then the rest of his skin. He was blushing.I knew there was nothing romantic going on between Jacob and I but the fact that all the teasing was making him blush made me laugh that much harder. I didn't know why it was funny. It just was.

Jacob rolled his eyes and looked down at me apologetically.

"Sorry."

I moved my hands from my face. "It's okay. It's funny. Your dad seems to think it's pretty funny too." Jacob turned back to see his dad giving us a smile and winked at his son. Jacob released an embarrassed sigh and shook his head.

"I'm sorry, he's just - "

"Hey... it's cool. Your dad's being a dad. Mine would do the same."

"So... nothing weird?"

"Nope. Unless you call my friend's dad trying to hook me up with his werewolf son nothing weird." He barked out a laugh.

"Yeah, I guess everything is pretty weird, huh?"

"Pretty weird? Dude, I'm still trying to figure out what the hell is going on!" I exclaimed with a grin.

"I know what you mean." He fell into a comfortable silence as we listened to the conversation around us, getting bits and pieces of everything they were saying and laughing along at the jokes that were said, but that peaceful silence was broken when Jacob tugged on my elbow again. I looked up at his expectantly and his inclined his head to the left gesturing towards the darkness. "Wanna go for a walk? I'm getting tired of sitting."

"Um, sure." I stood up and waved to everyone as Jacob announced that we were going for a walk. Of course with them being boys, they began to shout out for us to 'use protection' and for me to 'keep him on his leash,' which seemed to make Jacob uncomfortable when even Billy laughed at it.

"I'm sorry about that, they can be so - "

"Hey, Jake, it's cool. Seriously, I know they're just messing around." He gave a sigh of relief and a quiet 'thank God' as we walked along the edge of the tide. My shoes sank into the sand, swallowing my feet whole making it hard for me to pull them up. A simple walk became a mission as I had to stomp in order to move from one foot to the other. I struggled with my balance, making sure not to fall over whenever I pulled my foot up from the sand.

"You okay?" Jacob's voice sounded like an amused whisper in the wind. He stared down at me with amused eyes.

"Yeah... I just keep getting stuck in the stupid sand." I glared at the ground.

"Need help?"

I shook my head. "No. I think I got it." I spoke to soon. I stepped into sand that was very light and my foot sank deep to my ankle, capturing it in a tight hold. I sighed in frustration and tried to pull my foot out but it wouldn't budge. I tried again this time pulling a little hard and it was still no use.

Alright sand, you asked for it.

With all my might I braced myself and shifted all my weight onto my other leg and pulled up as fast and as hard as I could. All the moving around seemed to loosen the sand and allow my foot to resurface but it was too late when I noticed. My foot erupted from the sand, the velocity from the pull knocking me off balance and throwing me back as my other foot sank into the sand and I fell back onto my butt, landing with a thud.

From above Jacob burst into laughter, holding his sides as he howled and hunched over gasping for air. I glared up at him in annoyance and tried to get back up onto my feet, but because my other foot was not buried in the sand it was damn near impossible.

"Are you going to shut up and help me up and laugh like a hyena for the rest of the night?" His laughter came out in rolls until it all left his system and he was left wiping his eyes.

"Sorry." He reached down and grabbed my wrist, pulling me up with ease and pulling my foot from the sand. Instead of letting me go he released my left wrist, turned his back towards me and got down on one knee.

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like? I'm gonna give you a piggyback ride." He then grabbed my wrist again and placed them over his shoulders.

"What? Why?"

"Because if we continue the walk this way I'll have to pull you from the sand every 3 steps. This way the ground won't completely eat you." I could hear the smirk in his voice.

"Shut up." I stepped closer to his back and wrapped my arms around his neck, linking my hands together followed by my right leg that wrapped around his middle. He stood up and released my arms, hooking his hands under my knees and hopped once making me shriek. "What the hell was that for!?"

"To get a better grip." He laughed and began to walk. If I wasn't self-conscious before I was now. I became aware of just how hot his body was and the heat it radiated. What made it even more awkward was the closeness and the very thin layers of clothing separating us. I wasn't one for dirty thoughts, but being in the position I was and feeling his body's heat made me much to aware of his male-ness.

I tried to push the invasive thoughts as far as I could to the back of my mind and focused on now, the walk and the peaceful silence the beautiful beach night offered.

The sound of the water racing up the shoreline and his feet sinking into the sand was all too comfortable and put my troubled mind at ease. I rested my head against his shoulder and closed my eyes, enjoying the sensation of being carried and the cold wind nipping at my skin. The calm atmosphere lulled me into a peaceful slumber and soon I found the sounds of the world around me fading away and the darkness crept closer.

The very last thing I remember before being consumed by sleep was the feel of fingers caressing the my knees comfortably.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while. My inspiration abandoned me for a while, but it came back! I know that this is different then how it happened in Eclipse, but the books are in Bella's POV and what she experiences and this is Evelyn's story. So Bella hasn't heard them yet.

Does anyone know what's going to happen next? :D

The update is a little short, but please let me know what you guys think of it! Btw, any gaps that you notice are going to be filled as the story progresses. Like I say, everything will make sense in the end!

INSPIRE THE STORY! Asking questions or making suggestions can help you guys control the direction the story goes in!

[What superheros can you picture the guys from the pack ask?]
leave your answer in your comments!

Hope you enjoyed it!

Leave love!