Disallowed Love

Sara POV

Vladimir and I are best of friends, even if it is forbidden. You see I’m a vampire, well, half a vampire. And Vladimir is half werewolf, a vampire’s worst enemy, one of the few things that can kill us, besides another vampire. But we didn’t care about laws, we were just children. And our parents have no objection to it, but sometimes our fathers give each other these evil looks. Looks that say, “I’m in charge.” There is always this “I’m the macho-man” tension hanging in the air, but they never act on it. Our mothers are the best of friends though, and they are witches.

Since Vladimir and I are half monster we couldn’t be sent to a school for witches and wizards. Like Hogwarts, but not there, that school is in England. So we’ve been sent to regular human schools with spells upon us that make us appear human. But the spell doesn’t conceal our eyes. You see, vampire’s eyes change to their moods. For example, if I’m angry my eyes turn blood red, if I’m calm my eyes are blue-gray, and if I’m jealous they turn bright green. Werewolves are lucky; their eyes stay one color, even if the color isn’t very human-like. Their eyes are bright yellow, and the strange thing is, vampire’s eyes never turn yellow. So I must wear contacts to conceal the color changes in my eyes, but you can still see flecks of the color changes.

Me and Vladimir go to a private school in Virginia, complete with annoying uniforms. But we don’t live at home; we live in a house about three miles from school. Our parents live in Florida, which is stupid since my dad’s full vampire the sun bugs his eyes and he burns to a nice crisp, I was lucky and didn’t get this gene but I still don’t know why they live in Florida. You’re probably wondering why we live apart from our parents, well they wanted it to feel like boarding school (I think they just got sick of us) but we don’t have a boarding school in Virginia so we got our own house. But I don’t live with Vladimir; he lives with a few buddies a few houses down from me. It would be kind of awkward living with a guy, even if he is just my annoying friend. So I live with my best friend Livvie, who’s a vampire like me. It’s too dangerous for me to live with a human, because even though I can have human food to sustain me, I still can get strong cravings for blood, so I’ll have animal, but in extreme hunger I can still crave human blood.
  1. First Day Disaster
    Sara finds out her new class schedule and isn't happy
  2. Major Relationship Change
    Sara makes a few enemies and a new possible lover