Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

The Broken Queen

I dream of a girl sitting in a corner of an abandoned building. I walk up to her she nearly jumps from me. I stop in my tracks. I put my hands up to show her that I am not going to harm her.

“Don’t come near me,” she nearly screams. “I don’t need your kind showing yourself to me. All you do is cause trouble! That is all that you can do. It is in your blood.”

“What did I do to you?” I look at her. She looks dirty like she has been in this place for days. “Why are you so scared of me? I don’t even know who you are. This is the first time I ever saw you.”

“You have what I had. The Darkness. You are the one it truly wanted. The Darkness doesn’t want me. It only wished to perfect itself for you. It is not just a gift. It is alive. It chooses its master by free will. That how it has always been with that gift. I wish that I never have gotten it,” she cries out. “It tore me apart. And you will do even worse to me than the gift did. Or ever will. That is the cruel part.”

“Why would you wish that?” I ask curiously. The gift makes me feel safe so far at least. It is a sort of comfort. It lets me escape into my thoughts blocking out everything going on around me.

“It drives the one it doesn’t want to madness. You see when I was human, I heard of vampires and the sort. I eventually met one. I wanted him to turn me into a lone vampire, but he wouldn’t change me, but he did teach me many things. He told me that the Darkness will only have one true master. That it can only let one person control it. Everyone else who ‘has’ it will just go crazy from it. You see, he had the Darkness as a gift. He learned how to use it, but once I was turned into a clan, I had gotten that gift. I ran into him and found out that he no longer had the Darkness. I had gotten it. The gift moved on to me,” she whispered. “I didn’t want it. I remembered how I screamed and ran from my clan. I wanted to hide from everyone. I didn’t want people think that I will go crazy from this.”

“I’m so sorry. You must have been the broken queen,” I answer. I felt something behind me. It seems to be angry at something or rather someone. The girl in front of me, I’m guessing.”

“I ran away. And the Darkness didn’t want that. It wanted me back with the clan because this gift is meant to help the queen and protect the clan. It refused to do something other than what was its job. It tormented me day and night. One day I decided to summon a werewolf to take me far away from the clan members in the hopes of getting the gift to quiet,” she cries more.

You don’t run from your duties, Tessa. Something from the shadows appeared. A leopard stood beside me. It stood as tall as my waist at its shoulders.

“Your animal sign?” she cries. “Why not a bat like my animal?”

Because she is strong and is able to be my true master. And her personality is a strong one as well. The animal spoke. It sounded furious.

The girl cried once more before turning into a bat and flying out a window. I watched as she flew away from the building before waking up.
♠ ♠ ♠
Like it?
Comment, Recommend, Subscribe.