Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Getting up to new Information

I jump into a sitting position. That girl had to be the broken queen. This gift being alive? It seems as if it just wants its job done right. It wants what is right to be done.

I realized that I was shaking. I begin to take calming breathes. I look over towards Cain to see if I have woken him up. He still had his eyes closed, and he isn’t stirring like I am. I look over to see Alex awake.

“Alex? Why are you up?” I whisper. I try to get up, but Cain’s arm is wrapped tightly across my body, forcing me to stay where I am at on the bed.

“Oh, I just felt what you were dreaming at least the last part. You were projecting towards everyone even Cain very strongly. He just doesn’t have enough energy to wake up. You are a leopard. We all are wild cats, aren’t we?” he laughs silently and without humor.

“Did you hear the girl saying that my gift is alive?” I ask. I know that I am sounding completely like an idiot, but I need to know. This is all too confusing.

“Every gift is very much a living part of us and of its own self. Clan vampires get their gifts to help make their clan very strong. Your gift, the Darkness, is alive. It does have a mind of its own. It makes that very clear to the owner of the gift. The same is with the Brightness gift, but it is a bit more passive and doesn’t make itself known so soon after the change. Your gift is dominant and shows you what it is wanting from you. You help your gift, and your gift helps you,” Alex explains. “Simple, right?”

“So what is your gift?” I ask. I know that I am prying for information. I also know that it might be rude to do so, but right now, I want to know. I need to know it seems like.

“I can teleport to any place that I can imagine. My animal is a cheetah,” Alex says calmly. He leans against the headboard and turns his head to look at me. “A curious one, aren’t you?” He smiles over at me.

“I need to know what I am dealing with, Alex.” I look away from him to the wall in front of me. “I need to know what is going on in front of me. I can’t get knee-deep in a mess and not know what is going on.” I suddenly want Cain to wake up. I want to speak to him about this dream. I want someone who won’t question why I want to know something. I want comfort, I presume.

“He is a tiger. His gift is strength,” Alex says softly, pointing to Cain. “Jett is a lion, and he can mess with your emotions. Danny is mountain lion; his gift is tracking. He can help navigate in other words. Gabe is bobcat and a great fighter. Dillon is snow leopard, and his gift is the element of fire. Just to let you know.” Alex doesn’t seem mad just really tired like he hasn’t slept at all during the night.

“Why don’t you go to sleep? Don’t stay up and worry about anything right now,” I tell him. “That’s what I’m going to do.” I smile over at him a lay back down.
♠ ♠ ♠
They can turn into animals, isn't that lovely?
Don't be silent readers:)