Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Satisfying the Need for Blood

For the next few weeks, the boys and I go all over Texas and head into Louisiana. I learn more about my gift. I meet some more clan vampires that seem to enjoy talking to the boys but seem to go quiet around me for a bit. They eventually talk to me. They watch me with a close eye though.

When they went to the gigs, Cain would usually be the one to stay by my side. He would stay close to my side and keep me company. We never really run out of words to say to each other. Although he pays attention to me, he will scan the room every so often to make sure everything is okay. When they played, I would hide at the side of the stage with Jett. I enjoy watching the band play with energy and excitement in front of everyone.

I seem to become comfortable with this routine. I like it. Nothing bad happens. Although I haven’t felt like I have needed blood like they say I will, I do feel hungry and deprived of something. They haven’t needed to feed off of me yet either which is worrying me a bit.

***

I woke up in the hotel in Shreveport, Louisiana with a sharp pain in my stomach. I look to see that Alex asleep, and I can sense that Cain is in the bathroom just now getting out of a shower. I jump up silently and almost fall on my knees. I hold onto the bed and put a hand over my stomach. I hear Cain come out of the bathroom with the squeak of the door. He has a towel wrapped around his waist.

He turns to see me doubled over in pain at the side of the bed. “Nichole, lay down,” he says rushing over to me. He picks me up and places me on the bed. He lies down beside me and pulls me on top of him. “Drink.” He moves my head to his neck.

I feel the beat of his heart on my lips, and I gently bite down on his neck. I feel Cain’s hands rest on my neck and lower back. I hold on to his shoulders. His blood is warm and sweet in my mouth. I can feel his fingers slightly rubbing my back encouragingly. He is letting me do this to him.

I guess I just experienced my first hunger for blood. I am surprised it felt as painful as it did. I am also very grateful that Cain knew what was going on without asking and knew what to do. He even did it all with a sort of grace.

I can see how he sees me in his eyes. I feel his thoughts about how he cares. It surprises me that someone can care this much about me in such a short time, but it still touches me heart with a tenderness that leaves me almost in shock. I hold on to him tighter.

I eventually pull away. I watch as the opening where I bit him healed completely. I swallow the last bit of blood in my mouth. I sit up. Cain holds me to stay where I am straddling him. He sits with his back on the headboard of the bed. I wrap my arms around his neck in a loose sort of hug.

“Thank you,” I tell him. I lean forward to kiss him on the cheek, but he cups my face with his hands and pulls me towards his lips.

He pulls away slightly with his lips brushing mine while he talks. “You’re welcome, Nichole,” he says. I feel him smile against my lips before he kisses me again. “Are you better?”

I nod, relaxing in his arms. I watch his facial expressions but all I see is love and caring. I almost laugh with joy. I look to see that Alex is still asleep.

“Did you enjoy my blood?” he asks with a smile planted on his face. His brown eyes searching my face, waiting for my response.

“I did,” I say without hesitating. The taste of his blood is still lingering in mouth to be honest. I am completely happy with it. “Will it always be that painful?”

“Only if you wait too long, eventually you will be able to tell when you are hungry,” he says quietly.

“What does that mean?” I ask confused. “Isn’t the symptoms for this sort of hunger the same for everyone?”

“Not really. I get tired and worn out, and the longer I wait the worse it gets before it will start to hurt me. That is just how it is for me. For you may just get headaches, feet hurt, or something else entirely. It’s never the same for each person,” Cain says. He continues to scan my face. “Are you sure you are okay?”

“Yes, I am fine. I feel like I can run twenty miles right now.” I lean back to see why he is so concerned. “What’s wrong?”

“Today, we will have to take you to the Council. No one can afford to be weak. And you will have to know what to expect,” he says. “You have to wait for everyone to go through the whole procedure like new members of clans, other clan issues and such. You will have to show them your gift. They need proof.”

“Okay,” I say. I place my hand on his neck and pull him closer to me. I lean my forehead on his. “I understand.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Well, this one isn't too exciting yet. It'll get good soon.
Comment, Recommend, and Subscribe:)