Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Waking up to him worrying.

I wake up to the taste of something sweet in my mouth. I open my eyes to see the hotel room’s ceiling. I sense someone else in the room moving around, pacing more or less. I can’t hear them moving. I can feel them moving around the room. I sit up to see Cain pacing around in front of the two beds in the hotel room. He hasn’t noticed that I am awake yet. I can feel his worry and panic about something, but I can’t tell what. I try to think of things that he will be worried about, but come up with nothing.

I let him continue his pacing for a little bit longer. “What are you worried about?” I ask. I watch him nearly jump out of his skin. It makes me want to laugh, but I don’t want to be rude. “I’m sorry for startling you.”

“Oh, I was afraid that you weren’t going to wake up. And it is alright. No harm done,” he answers without lying surprisingly. I thought he would. Most guys would lie about being startled. “When did you wake up?”

“Just a little bit ago,” I answer softly. “Sit down, Cain. You look uncomfortable and awkward.” I pat the space beside me. He is beside me in a flash. I look at him. “Why do you do that?”

“Do what?” he looks at me. He doesn’t know what I am talking about. He may do it without even thinking about it. I might have to point it out.

“Move around faster than a speeding bullet?” I ask. It makes me wonder if he does it to get things done more quickly as well. I also wonder if I can do that.

“Oh, I just like to. I’m more comfortable. I feel like I’m moving in slow motion if I am not moving like that. Does it bother you?” Cain asks.

“I’m not used to it,” I explain. I lean into him. He puts his arm around me. I smile. I feel safe sitting like this. “I can stay like this all day to be honest.”

He laughs quietly. I feel his chest move with his laughter. “So could I, Nichole,” he says sweetly. I lean into him even more. He rubs his hand on my shoulder.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay this really isn't all of chapter two, I decided to break everything up. It will be longer and more dragged out, but more suspense for you:)