Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Lone Vampire

They are playing the last show of this tour in Pennsylvania. I help Jett sell the band's merchandise. "So, Jett, how are you?" I ask him.

Jett hasn't really been himself. He doesn't seem very happy, but I can't place my finger on what it is. He is careful about what he thinks about when he is around me. "Nothing is wrong," he lies.

"Jett, I can dig into your brain and find out what it is. You know that, right?" I look at waiting for him to tell me the truth for once.

"Nichole, I know you can. What's wrong with me is that I was a lone vampire before I got mixed up with Cain and Alex. I'm not used to being in a group. I like to do things on my own. Hell, Danny is the same way as I am. We just kinda like to keep to ourselves. Danny is my maker, so every now and then we help each other. I like to be on my own, but now the clan has you as our queen. I don't know. Maybe I am just having a hard time adjusting," he says, leaning back in his chair.

"I worry about you, Jett. If this isn't for you, then how about you go off by yourself?" I ask him, trying to help. "I won't be mad at you."

"It's not that. I care about you and the clan. You are my queen. I just have to get used to something that I never thought I would get to have in a million years," he says, looking over at me and smiling.

Cain comes over to us at the merch table. "So how are you doing on the merch?" he asks Jett.

"Oh, we sold about twenty shirts. Sold some albums here and there. Nichole, you are looking tired," he says, turning his attention to me.

"Yeah, well. Alex feed earlier on me. I'm still trying to catch back up with what I lost," I explain.

"Did he take too much?" Cain looks at me worried.

"No, he only took what he needed. I'm fine," I say, looking up at him. "What time are you going on?"

"Alright. In about twenty minutes." Cain comes around the table and gets down to where he can look at me without looking down. I look back at him, waiting for him to say something. "We are going to have to talk about where you going to live." He leans in and kisses me.

I kiss him back before pulling away and saying, "I thought I was going to live with you."

"If I win that argument," he laughs.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just wrote this. It was pretty easy, but I don't know if it's the best.
Tell me what you think?