Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

The Bookstore

I sit down on the couch beating myself up for what I did. I shouldn't have talked to Cain like that. I guess I'm that much of a terrible person. Well, I'm lovely. I get up and walk out off the building. I imagine I can find a nearby place to think in peace.

I go up to a book store that is a few blocks away from Cain's apartment. I slip inside and just look around. There really isn't anything that is catching my eye, but I still look at something. I don't notice someone come up behind me. "Hello," an unfamiliar voice says behind.

I turn to look at a dark haired Italian boy. "Hi," I groan. I notice that I sounded rude and immediately feel bad about it.

"Bad day?" he asks me. "Oh, I'm Ashton."

"You could say that. I'm Nichole." I smile at him, trying to actually be nice to him. "I didn't mean to snap at you."

"It's okay. You don't have to worry about it. Bad days happen to all of us," he says.

Ashton tells me about how he owns the story, and that most of the customers here are regulars. He decided to come and talk to the new person that walked into his store. "What are you interested in?" he asks me.

"Oh, I'm just looking. I'm not really seeing anything that is attracting to me right now. I kind of just wanted to go somewhere away from my apartment for a little bit. I saw this place and thought why not." I watch him laugh silently.

"Tell you what. You find a book that you find interesting enough for you. You can have it for free as long as you come back buy your books from me," he says, smiling.

"Okay, I'll hold you up to that deal." I smile back. I watch as he goes back to the cash register. I continue with my search. I look around and see books that I have read a thousand times before. I search the shelves up and down until I reach one that in the back of the store. I never seen it before. But it looks interesting.

I go up to Ashton. "Here. I want this one," I say, putting the book on the counter.

He takes it and scans it, but he doesn't ask me to pay for it. He just hands it too me and says, "Now you have to come back and buy more books from me."

"Business as always?" an old lady asks behind me. I turn to look at her. She smiles at me and turns her attention back to Ashton.

"Why yes. It's always business with me," Ashton teases. "Well, at least with the ones I don't know yet. It's not business with you, Ethel. I always enjoy your company."

"You're just sweet talking me, so I'll come back." She waves a hand at him dismissing him. "Don't worry about him. He is harmless."

I finally make it out of the store with my book in hand. I don't worry about anything. I start to make my way back to the apartment.
♠ ♠ ♠
New characters...
Tell me what you think.

Please go join this contest:
Fifteen Rock Songs