Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Just A Day With Alex

I am never able to find a good time to tell Cain about Ashton and the whole bookstore situation. Eventually I forget about it. I end up going there again with Alex by my side this time. I walk into the door that he is holding open for me. "You're too good to me," I say.

"I am treating you the way I should, my dear," he says smiling down at me. He grabs a hold of my waist and leads me to a shelf of books. "Try to look at something to that you want."

I look around going from one bookshelf to another with Alex following closely behind me. I eventually find a book that looks interesting enough along with a few others. Once I made my decision to get those books, we move to the counter.

"Hello," Ashton says without looking up to see who it is. "Is this it for you guys?"

"Yes," Alex says politely. Well, almost politely. I can sense his rudeness in his words very slightly.

Ashton doesn't seem to notice it and just rings up the books. He takes Alex's money and gives us the books that was when he recognizes who I am. "Good to see you," he says in a flirtatious way.

I feel Alex tense up next to me. "Sorry, but we got to go," I mutter starting to leave. "Come on, Alex." Alex turns and follows me out of the store. "What's with you?"

"I don't like him. Let's go somewhere else when buying books, okay?" he mutters angrily. "He shouldn't have been flirting with you."

"What do you mean, Alex?" I ask him curiously. "I get you don't want to go there, but why?"

Alex doesn't answer me instead he just pulls me back to Cain's apartment. I go into the empty room and set the books down in there. I come back out to see Alex sitting down on the couch. I go and sit next to him.

"I'm not surprised that Cain called you to come watch me," I tease. "You're just as strong-headed as he is."

Alex laughs. "It's what we do. We have to take care of you. Who else can take care of just as good as Cain? Well, there is me." He just gives me his best smile and turns on the TV.

"You know what? I'm hungry. I'm going to get me some food." I get up and go to the kitchen looking for some sort of food to eat. I end up finding chips to eat. I check the expiration date to see if they are still good. I open up the bag and begin to eat.

"Those still good?" he asks looking at it questionably.

"Yeah. Cain bought them last week," I say handing him the bag. "See what you think."

Alex reaches into the bag and grabs a few chips. "Not bad," he says after stuffing them into his mouth.

"Alex, will you tell me what Cain is doing?" I ask him. "He didn't tell me where or what he was doing before you got here."

"He is getting something for you," Alex says.

"You suck, Alex. That answer was so vague. I want specifics," I groan.

He laughs at me. "You know what's funny? I do suck. Blood that is. To be specific, your blood." He looks at me with humor sparkling in his eyes.

I glare at him for a second, but laugh at him. We spend the rest of the day just staying in the house. We watch a little TV, read some books, and taking a good nap. I am on the couch, and Alex is on the chair in an almost uncomfortable position. I wake up to hear Cain shutting the door as quietly as he could, but failed.

"You could be quieter, you know?" I say sitting up. I look at him seeing what's in his hands.
♠ ♠ ♠
This one was fun to write. It was carefree and easy. You get a little bit of Nichole and Alex going. Don't worry nothing is really going to happen to them besides a really great friendship.

Here is some other stories to hold you over until the next chapter:
Alejandro
Playlist
Love Me, Kill Me
Rock 'N' Roll Dreams

Contest: Fifteen Rock Songs