Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Learning a new power

We have just gotten on the highway heading towards Texas. That was the next place that they were heading on their tour. I sat in the passenger seat with Cain driving for the moment. I sat there listening to the guys talking in the back. I open my mind to see what I could do. I could hear what each of them are thinking and can find out which one is thinking it. Jett wonders when he going to get some sleep. Dillon wants to eat soon. Alex wants to get to his laptop so he can work on new songs for the next album. Gabriel is thinking about his girlfriend back home. Danny is thinking about that Alice girl that he meet in Tulsa. Finally, Cain is just really calm. He is focusing on the road.

I want to know if this is normal, but I don’t want to look weird if I ask. I really hate that about myself. I’m afraid to do something because I might sound or look strange for doing so. I hate looking stupid in front of others. It’s just one of my pet peeves that I need to get over.

What’s wrong? Cain’s voice comes into my mind. He sounds really worried about me. I look over at him. I know that no one else is hearing this.

Nothing. I just don’t know if this is normal. I answer, hoping that he can hear me. I don’t know if this one way or not. But it doesn’t seem like that. I remember feeling his worry back in the hotel and the way I could tell where he was.

It is normal for you to be able to read all of our minds. We can only read yours if you let us or rather if you open up to us. He assures me. It helps the clan protect the queen, but we can’t hear the others unless you project that thought to us. He keeps his eyes on the road during this conversation.

So if I wanted to talk to Alex like this, it will be possible? I ask Cain.

He nods his head. I guess he doesn’t like to say one word in his head to me for some reason.

Alex? I call out to him. I look in the mirror to see him look up at me with his sweet brown eyes.

“What is it, dear?” he asks me. He looks really concerned about me. He wants to help I can see that. He doesn’t want me in pain.

“I was just seeing if you could hear me,” I answer him. I hope he knows what I mean. I don’t want to explain the whole thing when I don’t even understand it.

He nods his head. He goes back to doing whatever he was doing before. He isn’t completely ignoring me. He is just focusing on the song that he is working on right now. I can sense that he is open to me if I want him to give me his attention.

I eventually fall asleep in the front seat in a position as comfortable that I can get sitting in the seat that I am. I fall asleep to the music that is on the radio. I got a blanket from the boys. I do dream a little, but none of the dreams make any sense.
♠ ♠ ♠
So telepathy in the clan? I think so.
Comments are welcome:)