Sequel: Royal Blood
Status: Isn't this going to be fun?

In My Blood

Commandant en second

I wake up to my stomach growling for food. I look around to see Gabriel driving instead of Cain. I sit up in the chair. I take the blanket off of me and stretch my arms.

“Well, hello to you,” Gabe says, looking over at me for a little bit before turning back to the road. “How are you feeling?”

“I’m hungry,” I answer. I reach out to grab the blanket and throw in the back. I look to see Cain is asleep. He looks so sweet asleep. He looks like an innocent child that couldn’t do anything wrong to anyone. “When did you guys switch?”

“Oh, about two or three hours ago, I don’t know the time exactly. We will stop to eat in a little bit.” He turns the music up a bit. He isn’t trying to be rude, I realize. He just likes the song that is on at the moment.

I lean back in the seat. I feel crapped up in this seat. I try to get comfortable again. I try to move into a comfortable position. I squirm around which pulls up my tank top. I quickly pull it down before anyone realizes.

“You can move to the back if you like,” Gabe says. “You can let Cain use you as a pillow. He will just love that.”

I get up and move to the front row of couch-like seats and lift up Cain’s head a bit to sit back down. I rest his head on my lap. I fix his messy hair. I just sit there in peace for a little while.

“You really care about him, don’t you?” Gabe asks. His eyes are still on the road, but I can feel him looking at me.

“Yeah, I think that I do. Even though I barely know him, isn’t that weird?” I answer softly. I look out the window. I watch the trees and buildings passing by. I just let my thoughts roam on any thought, but I keep going back to what Gabe said about me caring about Cain. I mean I just realized that I care about Cain like that. I guess I never actually thought about it happening, but how can I care about him after such a short time? Without any sort of warning?

That’s how it works. Gabe’s voice rings in my head. You will find your love in the clan rather quickly. He doesn’t sound sad whatsoever. He seems comfortable with this situation.

It seems like that should bother you. Shouldn’t it? I’m letting him hear that. I’m beginning to understand this a little bit better.

Some of us like Jett and Danny won’t be happy about it. Danny likes to think he will be the one to take the commandant en second which his personality really isn’t fit for that. He is fickle when it comes to making choices like how to rule the clan. Jett likes you, but he can’t really see how much he likes you because of the bond you share with us. He is still young after all. He was made by Cain last year. Gabe explains. He sounds so sure about this that he supports it one hundred percent.

“So why Cain?” I ask aloud. I honestly want to know his opinion about this. I need to understand all of this before I get myself so badly mixed up. I want to understand what will happen with me.

Cain is stable and calm. He will think things through, and he will make sure that you will agree with what he wants to do as a commandant en second. Alex would do the same. They were both running this clan before you came in. Gabriel seems to be adamant about this. He eventually slows down the car to exit off the highway that we are on to get to another one.

So what is a commandant en second? I ask Gabe. He has been saying that this whole time.

The commandant en second can also be called the king. He is the one that will love the queen as a husband should not just as a clan member. He will help you run the clan and make decisions. Gabe smiles to me through the mirror.

I look out the window to see a small town with children running down the streets with ice cream in their hands. I watch as the mothers try to catch up with their kids. The kids laugh while they run down the street with their sweet food in their hands. They eventually stop at the park and wait for their parents to find them. I can’t help but remember how I did things like that to my mother when I was their age. I loved to mess with her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Well this is long overdue. Sorry. I have so many other things on my mind.
'Commandent en second' is French for second-in-command. I just like how it sounds in French, so I went with it.