Cleanse Me

Mr. Impatient

Slipping my dark sunglasses up the bridge of my nose, I walk into my local coffee shop, pulling my leather jacket tighter around me as I get in line to place my order.

I glance around nonchalantly looking for her, but I don't see her, and am immediately disappointed. The line is moving slowly, which annoys me, and I cock my hip to right, crossing my arms and sulking.

I hear a giggle behind me, and stiffen, turning around.

She's right there, her huge blue eyes wide and amused, her charcoal black hair falling around her face in waves. I freeze, my breath hitching in my throat.

What the fuck do I do?

She smiles at me, and her cheeks turn pink.
She's so fucking gorgeous.

"Mm, I'm sorry for laughing. It was just... amusing how frustrated you're getting about the wait."

I just stare at her, my mouth hanging open stupidly, not knowing what to say. What do you say to an angel? What could you possibly say?

I look down and laugh quietly, my hair falling over my glasses.

"I-uh. I just.. I'm impatient." I stammer brilliantly, mentally slapping myself.

She smiles and nods, extending her hand to me. I stare at it stupidly for a split second before remember myself and grasping her gently.

I shit you not, electricity shot up my arm.

"I'm Sophie Meyers." she says, her eyes twinkling.

I smile dumbly, still grasping her hand, and stammer "I-I'm Gerard. Way. Gerard Way."

"Well, it's nice to meet you Gerard. I've got to say, I think I see you every time I come here, which is often. You must like coffee as much as I do."

Nodding, I reluctantly let her hand go, and slide mine back into my jacket pocket.

"Yeah, I'm an addict. A-A coffee a-addict." I rush to cover my slip, my cheeks blazing a deep red. I know she couldn't know I'm an actual heroin addict, but the thought of her finding out made me sick to my stomach.

She smile and doesn't notice my nervousness, nodding.

"Oh, jesus, so am I. I can't make it properly through a day without at least one cup. It's usually multiple cups throughout the day."

She's perfect...
She's so perfect...

"Sir? If you're ready I can take your order now!" I hear from behind me.

Sophie beams at me, and tucks a piece of hair behind her ear. "Go on, Mr. Impatient. Coffee's calling"

I smile stupidly again, turning and striding up to the cashier to order.

I can't believe I talked to her...
♠ ♠ ♠
mm, love writing this <3

let me know how it is?
thank you for reading <3

xolacey